Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen former players bashing Lydon on twitter multiple times. It was along different lines but between that and the Dior comment it’s safe to say he’s not my favorite ex-player

well Lydon is not wrong. The kid has changed high schools multiple times as Lydon said with his second comment.

Never seemed likely he would go to Cuse or qualify.

Probably a good thing that i didn't hear about this until now.
So i don't have to read through 7 pages of kvetching and arguments... did any of the 'book it/mark it down—he's coming' folks apologize to the 'doom and gloomers' yet?
:p

Well, i'm just too numb—from the election which apparently also didn't happen, plus the handful of people i've lost this year—to give a rat's about Dior "Mr Two Phones" Johnson.

What's Plan F?

Got to the 6th page and am shocked nobody mentioned anything about the Tyler Lydon comment. I think a good portion of us never thought Dior would get here, but for him to make a comment about it, especially as a former player, rubs me the wrong way.

I didn’t see it, what did he say?

well Lydon is not wrong. The kid has changed high schools multiple times as Lydon said with his second comment.

Yeah I agree and no offense but I'll back the guy who helped us get to the Final Four over a guy that most of us knew was never going to play here.

Take this how you want it...
Exact text conversation-

Me: w t ff with this dior ?
D: you surprised? Al confirmed that he would never qualify anywhere.
Me:You don’t see him playing anywhere?
D: ya g league man. Kid isn’t even going to graduate HS.
Me: So this change Gayle situation?
D: They got to play catch up right now but they have a case. I told you about the tyus flip, holding to it. They got some other aces they are after that aren’t really public. Al is on one from the city.
Sorry to be the dumb-dumb in the room, but who is AI?

Big-time. I think folks underrate the current roster and talent significantly. Way too much worry over Dior. Hot take but Kadary is going to resemble a top 20 recruit far more than a top 100.

They are underestimated because they seldom get to play.
As an article (or poster) pointed out recently, the 2012 team played 10 guys and only lost once that year in the regular season.

So did Dion Waiters, and he still made it here. It's about how bad they want to.

He lives with Lebron. So it kinda of is.
Awesome Cuserunner, I can’t wait to hear you share all the discussions that have taken place between Lebron and Dior! Now don’t hold back on the details Runner, you are clearly tight with him. Tell me everything Lebron said and forced Dior to do. I am taking notes for a book...this will be pure gold I tell ya! Don’t leave anything out!

My take is that when once he got a taste of the glitz and glamour, Dior with his professional ambition, isn't going to want to take a one year detour to Syracuse college.
Fair enough regarding that. I am not sure that is the same as saying Lebron stopped this kid from getting an education...yadda yadda...

Yeah its Lebrons fault a high school kid does not even do the minimum from an education standpoint to go to college. :rolleyes:
Well, there certainly is a degree of personal responsibility involved in going to class and wanting to, but you cannot discount the effect of all the people around you telling you that you don’t need to go to class.

My take is that when once he got a taste of the glitz and glamour, Dior with his professional ambition, isn't going to want to take a one year detour to Syracuse college.
And as much as it sucks for us, just like w/ Bazely, you have to understand where he’s coming from.
Granted, the value of an education was highly stressed in my household growing up, but if I’m in his position at 16 w/ millions being offered & shacking up w/ the best bball player in the world...yeah, i likely skip college too.

Status
Not open for further replies.