Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there certainly is a degree of personal responsibility involved in going to class and wanting to, but you cannot discount the effect of all the people around you telling you that you don’t need to go to class.
As mentioned above, if you have been swayed by the life that is one thing. Blaming Lebron for him not coming here is another. How many schools has the kid been to? Also to be clear I am not judging path, the young man needs to do what he feels is best for himself. Dior owns that decision and no one else. I am big on the personal responsibility thing.

It was totally unrealistic to expect that a commitment from a five star years in advance would hold. I always felt it was too good to be true. My biggest disappointment in this is that Dior said he would attract others to play with him and his decommitment came before that happened, plus he might have scared others off, so all in all this one was a big negative. At least the Bazley thing came and went so fast it had minimal overall impact.

Trying to look at some positives here

-If he was going to bail, better to know early. At least we have a chance to recruit someone else. Bazley decommitted much closer to the start of the season

-If this is the start of of a trend where the top 3-5 prospects forego college completely, it will change the landscape a bit. Guys like Zion, who completely dominate, won't be in college anymore. Duke/KY will continue to get the top prospects, but it won't be quite a big a gap as before

If Dior ends up playing at another college, or is the only one of the 2022 class to go G-league, it will hurt. I suspect neither will be the case though

As mentioned above, if you have been swayed by the life that is one thing. Blaming Lebron for him not coming here is another. How many schools has the kid been to? Also to be clear I am not judging path, the young man needs to do what he feels is best for himself. Dior owns that decision and no one else. I am big on the personal responsibility thing.

If Dior and Bazley were committed to Duke or Kentucky I dont think Lebron and Company are in their ears. I am blaming Lebron kid lives with you. Greatest basketball player in the world how many events with kids has Lebron prob said the importance of education. Maybe Lebron and Boeheim didn't get along on the dream team so he has a vendetta against him.

He lives with Lebron. So it kinda of is.
he briefly lived with lebron last year, but not now.

corona centennial has a good program, but it's miles culturally & geographically from sierra canyon where bronny & chance westry will be playing. dior is outside lebron's orbit right now

Well, there certainly is a degree of personal responsibility involved in going to class and wanting to, but you cannot discount the effect of all the people around you telling you that you don’t need to go to class.

I can understand not going to college. Millions don't go to college whether they are basketball players or not. But wow- this is a high school education we're talking about. What a disservice to Dior.

If Dior and Bazley were committed to Duke or Kentucky I dont think Lebron and Company are in their ears. I am blaming Lebron kid lives with you. Greatest basketball player in the world how many events with kids has Lebron prob said the importance of education. Maybe Lebron and Boeheim didn't get along on the dream team so he has a vendetta against him.

Oh, here we go with your garbage.

Wait?!? You’re calling out other people for wild tin foil hat theories and you offer up a dream team dispute. Haha. This place is great sometimes!

Wait?!? You’re calling out other people for wild tin foil hat theories and you offer up a dream team dispute. Haha. This place is great sometimes!

Is it me or is there one person who is the same person reincarnated as different names?? There is an odd familiarity...

Ever more reason to hate Lebron. Him and Rich Paul and company screwed us with Bazley and now Dior.
Yeah god forbid 2 of the best most successful businessmen in Lebron and Rich Paul help make the kid an instant millionaire. Poor us... no one cares about Syracuse university and their fans when you can make millions aka bazley or dior. And if you think someone should pick SU over making millions, I don’t have to say anymore

This was pretty inevitable. Hope we didn’t wait to long. Me thinks we did

This was pretty inevitable. Hope we didn’t wait to long. Me thinks we did

It certainly burned us with Gayle. Remains to be seen if it burns us with JJ or any other names we've been involved with. I'd expect the staff to pivot to Lindsey and others now that ties have been severed.

If he decommits it is better now than two weeks before signing day or him never showing up. This gives the staff plenty of time to look at other options at PG for 2022.

Yeah god forbid 2 of the best most successful businessmen in Lebron and Rich Paul help make the kid an instant millionaire. Poor us... no one cares about Syracuse university and their fans when you can make millions aka bazley or dior. And if you think someone should pick SU over making millions, I don’t have to say anymore
fwiw, this isn’t etched in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.