Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think I just jumped to that conclusion out of thin air or nah?
I don't have any idea what you think, I don't have the ability to read minds. I only know what I read on that particular post. And that was the only one I was referring to.

I don't have any idea what you think, I don't have the ability to read minds. I only know what I read on that particular post. And that was the only one I was referring to.

What did you think of all CuseRunner’s mind reading and jumping to conclusions though?

If he decommits it is better now than two weeks before signing day or him never showing up. This gives the staff plenty of time to look at other options at PG for 2022.
we may need a backup pg in 22 but we won't need a starter until 23.

the class of 22 will likely be a solid one but it won't be the show stopper filled with 5 & high 4 talents many were envisioning. and as such it will be tagged as a disappointment by most

What did you think of all CuseRunner’s mind reading and jumping to conclusions though?
My opinion, and this is only my opinion, is that what he was saying wasn't worth a response because it was nonsensical bs. I only replied to your post because from everything I've read of yours, I felt that you were above bringing Race into it. Just think that you're better than that. Not taking sides here.

WAIT! IS THIS A NEW THREAD?! ITS BEEN SPLIT?

My opinion, and this is only my opinion, is that what he was saying wasn't worth a response because it was nonsensical bs. I only replied to your post because from everything I've read of yours, I felt that you were above bringing Race into it. Just think that you're better than that. Not taking sides here.

I appreciate your high opinion of me. I’ve read a lot of Runner’s off topic posts, and that has shaped my opinion of him. I shouldn’t have brought it here, though I figured he was already torpedoing the thread with his usual nonsense. My bad.

Dior Johnson would’ve brought that flash back to the Syracuse program from the PG position. That said, I’m encouraged by what I saw out of Girard and we’ve got him for 3 more. Looking forward to seeing Kadary play. Hopefully we’ll have a strong veteran backcourt by then and wont be worrying about a Dior Johnson.

What does Race have to do with anything he said? Why insinuate? I thought you were better than that.
Agreed. I think everyone should have as much college as possible. Even one year is a significant experience. And it has little to do with eventually securing a degree. It's a socialization matter. it would help, though, if the athletes' housing situations weren't almost entirely separate from regular students' but logistics (and recruiting) probably dictate that they are.

I cannot say I am surprised, but I'm hardly going to throw the staff under the bus on this one. I actually think they played their hand perfectly...

1. Any time a 5 star recruit, and top PG wants to commit to your program you gladly take him. I don't care what program you are, you take him, PERIOD. The SU staff DID!
2. Any time a 16 year old makes a commitment you also continue to recruit other players at the position, with the understanding that 16 year olds are notoriously fickle and immature. The SU staff IS! We're still recruiting other guards (JJ, Roddy, Lindsay, etc... am I missing anyone?) and we'll likely add others to our list.
3. Anytime a 16 year old verbal commit starts to show evidence of wobbling on his commitment to school, you move on as amicably and as quickly as possible (and leave the door open in the future). The SU staff DID! It was a mutual decision, and it sounds like Dior hasn't eliminated SU, though I suspect he'll never play a minute of college ball.

So I'm just going to say it... does it suck to lose a 5 start recruit. Of course... but the staff handled this situation perfectly. Because if Dior was standing in way of Roddy's commitment, then kudos to the staff that recognized that you'll take a commitment from a 4 star guy rated as highly as Gayle any day over running the risk of being left at the alter by a 5 star recruit who's track record is pretty unreliable. I'm truly hopeful this gives us a chance to win over Roddy. I actually think our style of play favors Roddy over Dior anyhow.

It is truly much better that this ended now than in a year. This is NOT a bad thing guys. We'll be fine, plus Kadary is looking really good.

2012’s second five was better than 2020’s first five.

Which is all the more reason you should play more guys!

If your guys are average-plus, but not great, then a tired average-plus player is not better than a guy who is not tired.

Favoring a tired Derrick Coleman over what you have on the bench (Derrick Brower and Herman Harried), is not the same thing as playing tired guys who are not elite players.

If it’s true Gayle has been leaning Ohio state as of recently, this dior news doesn’t change a thing. Staff new Dior was going to decommit for weeks now, so if gayle was worried about playing time, you guys seriously don’t think the staff was in his ear that they were 99% sure Dior was gone?

Quite honestly, I don’t think it’s playing time that may be deterring Gayle. Ohio state is a hot commodity right now, Holtmann is a great young up and coming coach, and they’ve shown they are a good team, and they’ve got two top recruits coming in next year. We’ve just got to be better, plain and simple. That starts with guys like Kadary living up to the hype. Or maybe we need better recruiters, GMac hasn’t exactly lived up to standards

Is the mutual parting of ways here like when you get dumped by a supermodel and you say it's mutual?

Some people have been saying this was going to be the case since he committed. It's why I refuse to get excited about any basketball recruits anymore.

Is the mutual parting of ways here like when you get dumped by a supermodel and you say it's mutual?

Some people have been saying this was going to be the case since he committed. It's why I refuse to get excited about any basketball recruits anymore.

It seems more like we dumped the supermodel in this case.

I still recall somebody saying this:
“No matter how hot she is, just remember;
Somewhere, there’s some guy who is tired of putting up with her sh’t“.

That guy, was us.

But allowed the face-saving measure of calling it mutual. Because, why not?

That guy, was us.

Whatever. It still amounts to us missing out on an elite recruit. So many were pointing to him as a sign of a revival in our recruiting. I guess it was just fools gold.

That guy, was us.

Are you serious...? Surely we’re not deluded enough that we think we were the ones that told a top 5-10 recruit not to come...

If it's clear that a kid is never going to graduate from HS, then why continue to scare off other players for that position?

THIS.

No point continuing on if it’s clear he’ll never qualify for college.
It’s not a function of “not wanting him”, but of “he will likely never be eligible”.

THIS.

No point continuing on if it’s clear he’ll never qualify for college.
It’s not a function of “not wanting him”, but of “he will likely never be eligible”.

If he really wanted to play in / go to college, then we have more than enough resources to make sure he becomes eligible. Especially for a player as important as him.

If he really wanted to play in / go to college, then we have more than enough resources to make sure he becomes eligible. Especially for a player as important as him.

How does a COLLEGE “make sure” a kid can graduate HS? :rolleyes:

We couldn’t even “make sure” Fab stayed eligible, and he was enrolled already.

Please. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.