Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when your thoughts are just based on your own PTSD from Darius Bazley and like...Stephon Marbury or something, because you pay way too much attention to all of this and also have some Costanza tendencies.
my skepticism has little to do with bazley. it has everything to do with the new reality that g league ignite presents to top tier players.

if you put the pros & cons of a year at syracuse in one column and the pros & cons of a year with ignite . . . it is hard not to be skeptical. if jalen green's year ends up as positive as it has begun, it will be an eye opener for every top 5 kid in the next few classes.

my skepticism has little to do with bazley. it has everything to do with the new reality that g league ignite presents to top tier players.

if you put the pros & cons of a year at syracuse in one column and the pros & cons of a year with ignite . . . it is hard not to be skeptical. if jalen green's year ends up as positive as it has begun, it will be an eye opener for every top 5 kid in the next few classes.

I was talking about the people who don’t know anything about any of that.

Yes, kinda like the people who were rooting against football being played

Back to Dior, it is a bit concerning he cant stay at a high school for more than a semester at a time though
There was no one that didn't want to play football. There is no one here that doesn't want him to play at Syracuse. There is a difference between predicting what you think would or should happen and what will happen.

Come on man. We are going to say that an elite player who wants to be a high lottery pick in one year has anywhere close to the pathway to doing that coming to Syracuse as one of the NBA prep schools of UK and Duke? Come on man...I know its "possible" but our system makes it really hard and borderline kids dont want to deal with that uncertainty.

This is so wrong and completely ignores the other argument that has occurred forever in this board that our system lets borderline kids like Ennis, Richardson, MCW, Grant and Lydon leave after 1-2 years.

This is so wrong and completely ignores the other argument that has occurred forever in this board that our system lets borderline kids like Ennis, Richardson, MCW, Grant and Lydon leave after 1-2 years.

That's not the same argument though. I'm specifically talking about elite 5 star players coming here and then leaving as a top 10 pick after one year. Al the other arguments we can have and I probably will concede SU crushes in.

That's not the same argument though. I'm specifically talking about elite 5 star players coming here and then leaving as a top 10 pick after one year. Al the other arguments we can have and I probably will concede SU crushes in.

So we can turn a top 100 recruit into a two year player, but the best can’t be one and done. Your argument makes no sense.

And Dior is coming here and all the handwringing is ridiculous.

So we can turn a top 100 recruit into a two year player, but the best can’t be one and done. Your argument makes no sense.

And Dior is coming here and all the handwringing is ridiculous.

They are different things and I dont have time to explain it.

Sounds like a lot of people here and on FB got worked up over nothing.
WHAT A SHOCKER. THAT NEVER HAPPENS
Almost nobody got worked up, and almost nobody had a hot take on this. Saying a kid who is top 3 in his class will never play college basketball is not getting worked up. Nobody wished him ill. People love to manufacture drama.

Edit: I'm only speaking for this thread. I'm not on social media so i have no clue what is being said there, nor do i care.

Almost nobody got worked up, and almost nobody had a hot take on this. Saying a kid who is top 3 in his class will never play college basketball is not getting worked up. Nobody wished him ill. People love to manufacture drama.

Edit: I'm only speaking for this thread. I'm not on social media so i have no clue what is being said there, nor do i care.
People on the fb orange groups were having a meltdown. There is degrees of getting worked up. Coming to a conclusion that this kid isn't coming here because he left home for a few days is getting worked up.

People on the fb orange groups were having a meltdown. There is degrees of getting worked up. Coming to a conclusion that this kid isn't coming here because he left home for a few days is getting worked up.

Fair enough on FB. Those types of threads/platforms draw out the most hyperbolic takes. But I'm not sure anyone said he's not coming to Syracuse simply because he left Oak Hill, nor do i think anyone is really certain (including his coach) what his plan ultimately is.

If he ends up at Syracuse, awesome. He made a verbal commitment. I hope he honors it. If he doesn't, I won't be surprised, nor am i the type looking to flay the kid. He has every right to change his mind and do what's best for him.

There was no one that didn't want to play football. There is no one here that doesn't want him to play at Syracuse. There is a difference between predicting what you think would or should happen and what will happen.
There absolutely were people on here that didn't want a football season. Go back and read the threads about it.
Likewise, I believe there are a lot of people on here who don't want Dior to play at SU because they either enjoy the "whoa is SU" mentality or they would rather have the satisfaction of being right about their prediction than have a top prospect come here.
There are a lot of people in the world who are uncomfortable being happy and they usually don't want others to be happy either.

There absolutely were people on here that didn't want a football season. Go back and read the threads about it.
Likewise, I believe there are a lot of people on here who don't want Dior to play at SU because they either enjoy the "whoa is SU" mentality or they would rather have the satisfaction of being right about their prediction than have a top prospect come here.
There are a lot of people in the world who are uncomfortable being happy and they usually don't want others to be happy either.
No. That isn't true. That is your take on people that were or are worried that playing football during a pandemic is a bad idea. That doesn't mean they don't love watching football. It just means they are more worried about the public safety. As for Dior, every Syracuse fan wants him to play a year at Syracuse. Heck, every Syracuse fan would like him to play 4 years at Syracuse. But you aren't rooting for him not to play 4 years if you realize that he won't be here for 4 years. The posters that think Dior won't come are just saying that they think he will opt to get paid one year earlier than the rest of us do. And they may be correct. Might not be as well. Only time will tell. None of us know for absolute certain what Dior will end up doing.

it's "woe" just fyi

No. That isn't true. That is your take on people that were or are worried that playing football during a pandemic is a bad idea. That doesn't mean they don't love watching football. It just means they are more worried about the public safety. As for Dior, every Syracuse fan wants him to play a year at Syracuse. Heck, every Syracuse fan would like him to play 4 years at Syracuse. But you aren't rooting for him not to play 4 years if you realize that he won't be here for 4 years. The posters that think Dior won't come are just saying that they think he will opt to get paid one year earlier than the rest of us do. And they may be correct. Might not be as well. Only time will tell. None of us know for absolute certain what Dior will end up doing.
There were multiple posters who wrote that they hoped the season got canceled rather than see SU win 1 or 2 (someone even said 0) games with the modified schedule.
As for Dior, you are drawing your own conclusions as to what "every Syracuse fan" really wants. I stand by my statement that there are fans here who are more comfortable with the idea of failure than success. It's a fairly common mindset.

Dior is the highest rated since Melo, and he left after 1 year, went pretty high.

George W Bush was in office in 2003.
The Apprentice was a top 5 TV show in 2003.
and the landscape was completely different for elite players and their pathways to the NBA.

The G league and the new age rules changed everything.

As an aside I'm stepping out of this thread. Feels like paddling upstream sometimes.

Cool. You picked up the main point then, which was a spelling quiz.

1601661797384.gif

I would bet my life savings on him being a one and done but I am comfortable that year will be here.

It must be incredibly difficult for these kids during this Covid year. Basketball is basically their life and it’s been taken away. My kids have severely messed their activities and none of them do anything on a serious level like these kids. A lot of this is likely collateral damage due to Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom