Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you visit, hope you’re doing well young man. I miss watching you breaking opponents ankles with your crossovers. Best wishes get well soon!

And...

Is he actually in school now, or is he taking a mid-high school gap year? Is that legal in NY? I forget how old the young man is, so I'm actually curious.

No idea.

I assume he could still be taking classes on-line. Either from Oak Hill or his next stop.

And...

Is he actually in school now, or is he taking a mid-high school gap year? Is that legal in NY? I forget how old the young man is, so I'm actually curious.

In NY, you are required to attend school through the school year you turn 16. Per some quick research, Dior turned 16 back in January, so he is not legally required to attend. Of course, absent him being home-schooled (which actually still requires home school district involvement), he's not going to be in a position to matriculate at the end of 2022 if he un-enrolls now. (I recognize this is probably fallacy as his next school will be something like "Wasatch Range Christian Dream Achievement Institute" and they will find a way to get him eligible).

Having said all of that, it's very possible he is back in NY, enrolled in his school district of residence, and attending (in person, hybrid model, or virtually). I have no clue.

In NY, you are required to attend school through the school year you turn 16. Per some quick research, Dior turned 16 back in January, so he is not legally required to attend. Of course, absent him being home-schooled (which actually still requires home school district involvement), he's not going to be in a position to matriculate at the end of 2022 if he un-enrolls now. (I recognize this is probably fallacy as his next school will be something like "Wasatch Range Christian Dream Achievement Institute" and they will find a way to get him eligible).

Having said all of that, it's very possible he is back in NY, enrolled in his school district of residence, and attending (in person, hybrid model, or virtually). I have no clue.
Looks like I misinterpreted the NY requirements. Thanks.

No idea.

I assume he could still be taking classes on-line. Either from Oak Hill or his next stop.
i'm sure he is. even if he's considering taking the g-league elite route. i don't think the nba wants to create the precedence of bringing in kids without a high school diploma.

at least not yet . . . .

There was talk about him reclassifying to class of '21. I assume this was a possibility only because he could complete the core graduation requirements by this June/Aug. If that is/was the case it's probably not that big a problem to take a gap semester and complete them by next June/Aug. Now, whether he is legally truant is a different question altogether. If he is not actually enrolled in a public school, my guess is that the truant officer isn't going to come looking for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom