Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Some of them think they're going to the SEC, some thing B1G, some think ACC, some think B12. Pretty fun.
Have they learned to spell Yankee Conference yet?

Of the schools on this list, the only teams that I believe are a threat are Nova or Miami. Rutgers and UConn I just don't see. And Kansas I believe is prioritizing other PG's ahead of him (Quentin Grimes I think).

He also eliminated Florida and Indiana. I like our chances.

Last edited:
wow maybe Miller tried this one w/o Book or something

Do you have a sense for how SU is viewed in those circles? Many of our fans who post here view us as the same over the past 8 months. I do think the seeming power struggle and ouster (remember I said seeming) of Hopkins could drive that narrative pretty effectively.
Depends on the AAU team. I think Hop's departure matters in some more than others. Oddly, UCONN is still a player in this recruitment.

Of the schools on this list, the only teams that I believe are a threat are Nova or Miami. Rutgers and UConn I just don't see. And Kansas I believe is prioritizing other PG's ahead of him (Quentin Grimes I think).

He also eliminated Florida and Indiana. I like our chances.
I think that's right about Miami and Nova because Kansas is eyeing other guys ahead of him. UConn could get a visit, too, but I think he'd choose the ACC over AAC in the end. I think we're one of the 3 leaders. Nova is also targeting Quinerly and Duke, but Jalen is our priority No 1 recruit.

wow maybe Miller tried this one w/o Book or something
Zona is too crowded at the guard spot. they already signed a PG for 2018 and are also recruiting Quinerly and others. I didn't see them making Jalen's final list.

Zona is too crowded at the guard spot. they already signed a PG for 2018 and are also recruiting Quinerly and others. I didn't see them making Jalen's final list.
quinnerly and weaver. who have they signed .. are you talking about Slater? (I see him as Nova's Battle, not really a pG).

Last edited:
The events of the past 8 months is not good for Uconn. They are viewed on the AAU circuit right now as a dysfunctional sh!tshow.
Yeah, I have no inside knowledge but the results seem to speak for themselves. The team won a NC four years ago, and another three years before that. You'd think that top New England prospects would end up there by default. They do seem to be getting into top-6s, like with Carey, but don't seem to be closing on them.

Some of them think they're going to the SEC, some thing B1G, some think ACC, some think B12. Pretty fun.
ACC: Probably not soon, but there's a decent chance this happens eventually, whenever we get another round of realignment.
B1G: Would surprise me, but I would've said the same about Rutgers & Maryland, so I guess anything's possible.
B12: wat
SEC:
giphy.gif

Any idea when Carey will make his decision? Has he hinted any timeline?

According to zags he wants to take all 5 of his officials and decide before his high school season starts...but then says he's in no rush so who knows!
This sounds like it could be heading in the same direction we saw with Quade. Our main PG target drags it out and then we could be left at the altar with little backup options.

Let's hope a Kentucky offer doesn't show up.

This sounds like it could be heading in the same direction we saw with Quade. Our main PG target drags it out and then we could be left at the altar with little backup options.

Let's hope a Kentucky offer doesn't show up.
Screw that. Not a similar option at all.

JQ picking Nova tonight would help in our favor.

So if he wanted UConn or Miami or Nova would he have picked them by now?

Yeah, this is the same rationale offered by the late, great CaliCuse. If the kid hasn't picked SU yet, that means he's not coming to SU. Of course, the kid hasn't picked any other team either, but for some reason that bodes poorly only for SU. The other schools are still in play.

Yeah, this is the same rationale offered by the late, great CaliCuse. If the kid hasn't picked SU yet, that means he's not coming to SU. Of course, the kid hasn't picked any other team either, but for some reason that bodes poorly only for SU. The other schools are still in play.

Sorry to get off track for a second, but did Cali pass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom