Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Another question: since Carey was being recruited by one of the schools cited in the FBI probe, does some part of the investigation follow him and by extension land in the front yard of whatever school he winds up attending?

Obviously we don't want the hot lights of an FBI investigation anywhere near our program. By the same token with the wide ranging nature of this thing, I would guess we are part of the investigation regardless just as a major player at/near the top of the heap in college baskeball so it probably doesn't matter. We're either clean or we're not and if we're not it's going to come out either way.

IMG_5042.jpg

In the overanalyzing everything file... Carey liked Hughes' tweet.

Another question: since Carey was being recruited by one of the schools cited in the FBI probe, does some part of the investigation follow him and by extension land in the front yard of whatever school he winds up attending?

Obviously we don't want the hot lights of an FBI investigation anywhere near our program. By the same token with the wide ranging nature of this thing, I would guess we are part of the investigation regardless just as a major player at/near the top of the heap in college baskeball so it probably doesn't matter. We're either clean or we're not and if we're not it's going to come out either way.
FBI didn't care about the kids. It wanted the big fish

FBI didn't care about the kids. It wanted the big fish

What I'm saying is that if Miami was paying players and they wanted Carey bad enough to fly private jets around delivering 4th grade art projects, wouldn't they have been offering to pay him too? And if so, why was he having a hard time making the decision. Could it be due to other offers? If so, it could suggest a new avenue to find those big fish.

What I'm saying is that if Miami was paying players and they wanted Carey bad enough to fly private jets around delivering 4th grade art projects, wouldn't they have been offering to pay him too? And if so, why was he having a hard time making the decision. Could it be due to other offers? If so, it could suggest a new avenue to find those big fish.

It could've been a decision between $$$$$ vs. the school that is best for him.

presumably the money would be discussed but not delivered until you sign on the line which is dotted

Good questions. I've thought about this as well. Maybe it's more like what iommi posted (at least I'm hoping).

It could've been a decision between $$$$$ vs. the school that is best for him.

As we are finding out, some players attract more cash than others. So... maybe it was more like a decision between $$ vs. the school that is best for him. Perhaps the $$ that was possibly offered was not quite enough to land on a team that won't prepare him as well for his future. Maybe this is a kid and family who don't necessarily want to play in that shady world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom