Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is quiet on the western front here...it's really going to be interesting what happens here. Are JJs parents still living in the Bville area? Gotta believe that's making Syracuse really appealing but I wonder what position they are trying to sell him on. PG? SG? Both? Then you start seeing the others that are jumping on the ship and on the one hand you gotta be pumped but on the other where does he fit and does that align with what he wants to do? I can't shake the feeling this young man wants to play off guard and he wants to shoot. The next 48 hours are going to be really fun one way or another as a Syracuse fan.

All is quiet on the western front here...it's really going to be interesting what happens here. Are JJs parents still living in the Bville area? Gotta believe that's making Syracuse really appealing but I wonder what position they are trying to sell him on. PG? SG? Both? Then you start seeing the others that are jumping on the ship and on the one hand you gotta be pumped but on the other where does he fit and does that align with what he wants to do? I can't shake the feeling this young man wants to play off guard and he wants to shoot. The next 48 hours are going to be really fun one way or another as a Syracuse fan.

The father was the only one who looked excited in those pictures.

If JJ wants to come here, he's going to play a lot of time at PG. We are loaded with shooters.

Of course, we are also a school that lets a PG hunt his own shot. See Jonny Flynn - he did both; involve his teammates AND look to score.

Scoring PG is the pitch. It would be a perfect fit, IMO. Taylor is already earmarked for the 2.

Scoring PG is the pitch. It would be a perfect fit, IMO. Taylor is already earmarked for the 2.
Exactly. The question is can the staff convince him that the scoring PG is the perfect fit, especially if he was seeing himself as the 2 somewhere. I agree by the way as long as it's in his game to dish the rock because with a year 2 Benny, Lands, Flip (hopefully) and Taylor, that's allot of shots. Only so many shots a game. Gonna be interesting like I said.

Symir needs our help...
Screenshot_20210626-231425_Instagram.jpg

Exactly. The question is can the staff convince him that the scoring PG is the perfect fit, especially if he was seeing himself as the 2 somewhere. I agree by the way as long as it's in his game to dish the rock because with a year 2 Benny, Lands, Flip (hopefully) and Taylor, that's allot of shots. Only so many shots a game. Gonna be interesting like I said.
Pretty sure JJ sees himself as a PG first who can also play the 2. That's how he was used with the City Rocks

Pretty sure JJ sees himself as a PG first who can also play the 2. That's how he was used with the City Rocks

Well - IF he wants to be the Hometown Hero, then he knows what he needs to do, and very quickly.

I cannot imagine JB and staff waiting around very long for JJ or Chance to decide, if Quadir is ready to go.

(Q seemed by far the most hyped about his Cuse OV, and we all know how body language works…. ;) )

No chatter here today...interesting. Usually twitterverse throws a few things out. Maybe he is circling the wagons with the family on a decision go/no go here. Don't mind me, just speculating. :p

I think (could be wrong) that playing the 2 on offense is the important thing. As long a we play 3 or 4 out, and label them both as guards it shouldn’t matter
It sounded like the staff (and Buddy) already told Taylor he is moving right into the 2 to replace Buddy. I'm concerned that with JJ we are repeating past mistakes in trying to take a kid who is more a 2 and make him into a 1. Has not worked well. Whereas Copeland is a 1. We could really use Flip, a legit stretch 4 who is not a string bean. But with Duke, UNC, Ohio St., Indiana all on him I'm not optimistic.

No chatter here today...interesting. Usually twitterverse throws a few things out. Maybe he is circling the wagons with the family on a decision go/no go here. Don't mind me, just speculating. :p
Unless he was blown away and is dead set on cuse there won't be a decision right away. He has a visit to Yukon and Alabama still planned. My guess is he takes those visits and gets through peach jam then maybe? Who knows though, some of these kids are looking at taking fall visits as well before deciding.

It sounded like the staff (and Buddy) already told Taylor he is moving right into the 2 to replace Buddy. I'm concerned that with JJ we are repeating past mistakes in trying to take a kid who is more a 2 and make him into a 1. Has not worked well. Whereas Copeland is a 1. We could really use Flip, a legit stretch 4 who is not a string bean. But with Duke, UNC, Ohio St., Indiana all on him I'm not optimistic.
Duke will likely have higher rated power forward targets and I’m not overly worried by the other three schools.

Duke will likely have higher rated power forward targets and I’m not overly worried by the other three schools.
If Flip continues to impress then Duke will be all in for him. Hopefully they land some of the high end guys they're already after and he becomes a afterthought. Other schools will continue to jump in but out of the ones recruiting him hardest, Ohio St might be the one to watch. Plays with Roddy and I'm sure they will make Flip a priority like we are doing. Indiana can kick rocks and Yukon doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully the relationship he has with JT helps us here and our staff continues to crush it. I think we are in a good position but this one definitely seems like it will be drawn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.