Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Flip continues to impress then Duke will be all in for him. Hopefully they land some of the high end guys they're already after and he becomes a afterthought. Other schools will continue to jump in but out of the ones recruiting him hardest, Ohio St might be the one to watch. Plays with Roddy and I'm sure they will make Flip a priority like we are doing. Indiana can kick rocks and Yukon doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully the relationship he has with JT helps us here and our staff continues to crush it. I think we are in a good position but this one definitely seems like it will be drawn out.
If Flip waits too long do you think we take JT’s buddy Maliq Brown?

It sounded like the staff (and Buddy) already told Taylor he is moving right into the 2 to replace Buddy. I'm concerned that with JJ we are repeating past mistakes in trying to take a kid who is more a 2 and make him into a 1. Has not worked well. Whereas Copeland is a 1. We could really use Flip, a legit stretch 4 who is not a string bean. But with Duke, UNC, Ohio St., Indiana all on him I'm not optimistic.
Anything else? Let's see, worried that JJ isn't really a 1 but a combo and that probably won't work out. Throw in a lot of competition for Flip so we won't get him. I have no idea where JJ will go. We have a good shot here but at the end of the day, who knows? But I have no doubt he can play the 1. As for Flip, he will have to decide what is best for him. But the competition doesn't scare me. They should be worried about us . We aren't UMass.

Last edited:
Definitely wait on Flip. All in on Flip/DC and see where it goes...once they make their decisions (if not us) then pivot and find best available guys out of highschool or tranfers.
Agree, but hope that DC/Flip make their decisions earlier (by end of the summer) rather than later (after the first of the next year)

Exactly. The question is can the staff convince him that the scoring PG is the perfect fit, especially if he was seeing himself as the 2 somewhere. I agree by the way as long as it's in his game to dish the rock because with a year 2 Benny, Lands, Flip (hopefully) and Taylor, that's allot of shots. Only so many shots a game. Gonna be interesting like I said.
At his size, that's the best ticket to an NBA career.

Baylor’s top scorers were 6’3 6’3 6’4 and on the court at the same time. We could have Taylor ( Copeland or Starling,or Westry) and lands on the court at the same time. Just saying.

Am I wrong to surmise that the staff is giving JJ Starling and his team some time and space (maybe a few days or a week) to make a decision? That he has first dibs on the scholly, and if not, they'll take a verbal from Q.Copeland?

If Flip continues to impress then Duke will be all in for him. Hopefully they land some of the high end guys they're already after and he becomes a afterthought. Other schools will continue to jump in but out of the ones recruiting him hardest, Ohio St might be the one to watch. Plays with Roddy and I'm sure they will make Flip a priority like we are doing. Indiana can kick rocks and Yukon doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully the relationship he has with JT helps us here and our staff continues to crush it. I think we are in a good position but this one definitely seems like it will be drawn out.

This is where role comparison to past guys help. Buddy for JT, Marek for Filip

Am I wrong to surmise that the staff is giving JJ Starling and his team some time and space (maybe a few days or a week) to make a decision? That he has first dibs on the scholly, and if not, they'll take a verbal from Q.Copeland?
Maybe. I think they would take Copeland right now if he said yes. But they might not press him to commit for a bit. They also might start getting scared.

Maybe. I think they would take Copeland right now if he said yes. But they might not press him to commit for a bit. They also might start getting scared.

scared ?

As much as I love QC, I think this kid would take us over the top. An absolute KILLER and would light it up in the dome. Watching his highlights, his shot mechanics are perfect and he's adequate off the dribble as well. Some have been saying that he's shaky when heavily pressed, is this based off specific highlight tapes or just box scores against elite teams? Just curious.

You can’t corner people like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors