Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything else? Let's see, worried that JJ isn't really a 1 but a combo and that probably won't work out. Throw in a lot of competition for Flip so we won't get him. I have no idea where JJ will go. We have a good shot here but at the end of the day, who knows? But I have no doubt he can play the 1. As for Flip, he will have to decide what is best for him. But the competition doesn't scare me. They should be worried about us . We aren't UMass.
JJ can definitely take the one from day one

JJ coming in at #38...anyone remember what he was previously? Was he always in front of Chance or did he jump him in this updated rankings?

I think JJ took a big leap (not big enough, in my opinion). He may have been outside their top 60. Or maybe in the mid 50’s?

I think JJ took a big leap (not big enough, in my opinion). He may have been outside their top 60. Or maybe in the mid 50’s?
I cant remember what he was previously but I thought he was always a little ways behind Chance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Am I wrong to surmise that the staff is giving JJ Starling and his team some time and space (maybe a few days or a week) to make a decision? That he has first dibs on the scholly, and if not, they'll take a verbal from Q.Copeland?

I hope so. I hope this doesn't drag out very long. We need a very good PG in the worst way in this class. I'm already past Clingan from everything I'm reading. I'm hoping for a PG and Flip. I hope we have a back up plan for Flip - haven't really seen one, and don't say Bunch, because they are not remotely the same kind of player.

Staff should be trying to sell NIL opportunities to JJ big time. Local kid who is borderline 5 star talent! We can offer way more then his other top schools I would think...and I'd bet his parents are thinking about this now with the timing of all this happening.

I don’t feel very threatened by JJs other offers/visits.. logically Cuse is the move here. Can’t imagine picking Maryland over Cuse but I might be slightly biased
Having once attended both universities, UMD is a super nice campus/ college environment. Wouldn't doubt anything if he does have an open mind. (Still a Cuse guy, but I always thought Maryland should have had better luck recruiting with all the amenities and the perks of going there.)

Having once attended both universities, UMD is a super nice campus/ college environment. Wouldn't doubt anything if he does have an open mind. (Still a Cuse guy, but I always thought Maryland should have had better luck recruiting with all the amenities and the perks of going there.)
My son went to UMd for 2 yrs before transferring. Stale, dry, corny, cookie-cutter campus that did nothing for me personally. My boy would agree. It wasn't bad, but there was nothing special about it. JMHO

This is the one school that worries me a bit...hopefully hes not blown away by his visit.

Lol...posted bama pics before Yukon pics and he took that visit first

JJ coming in at #38...anyone remember what he was previously? Was he always in front of Chance or did he jump him in this updated rankings?

We should be going hard after Grandey Dick...

Was it JJ that people were worried about his lack of expression during his visit? I wouldn't put too much into it seeing these.
That would be me and after seeing this picture, would agree.

Lol...your right...JJ has the same look on his face in every picture from every school. Dude is waaaaay to serious. Though the dad has been smiling. Hope he is enjoying the process...

Status
Not open for further replies.