Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk how much he’s worth but he’s gotta be a billionaire with a B. Pretty wild that he still hangs out in Cuse all the time and established roots here with his daughter and helps out the community a ton. I respect it and dudes come a long way from his last which I respect even more. Also wild how many celebrities he is friends with like A-List for being a recycling guy from CNY lol and they all seem to love guys. Props to him
Hes a good guy. I have a camp and home in the village and walk over to the krebs when im back. He has done a ton for many people. I dont care about what he did in the past. He paid for it and he has been a giver ever since. I hope the guy makes a trillion and continues to support Jim and SU. We could use ten more like him.

Ever hear of buy low sell high. Junk is about the best example of the saying. In most small cities and towns the Richest is the junk dealer.

Adam Weitsman is an America Entrepreneur and Philanthropist who has an estimated net worth of $1.2 billion. He is a 52-year-old mogul of a scrap metal empire with a dozen locations in New York, stretching from the Port of Albany to Rochester and across the Southern Tier.

Is there any arbiter of "fair market value" for this money. Before, the payments of recruits was just for access to the program and jock sniffing privileges. No monetary ROI anticipated. Now that it is an investment, does anyone have the right to say that $1,000,000.00 for a 60 second commercial is not really FMV for NIL? Does it matter?

I remember reading articles way back when where the writer was appalled by the money a young Michael Jordan was paid to have his name on a shoe... Just astonished Nike could be so wasteful. We all know now that Nike was smarter than that writer... Who can argue what a company thinks branding is worth?

The NCAA certainly shouldn't go there, but they are a bunch of morons who lucked into a hot property and have spent generations trying to screw it up, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Ha, the Duke basketball and Alabama football players have million dollar contacts to a man, and we'll get punted by the competition committee because somebody decides Weitsman isn't getting enough bang for his buck. Sadly, I can see it now.

How does a recycling guy become a Billionaire? How can there be that much money in that business, and what was his start
my cousins have a small yard in Birmingham, alabama. it looks like something out of Sanford and son. until the truck pulls up at a designated time and hauls off scrap bound for China and one hour later a large amount of money is wired into their account. They know of Weitsman. They said that he has the machines that scrap cars, called shredders, worth over a million each. My cousin knocks the muffler off the cars they get, and strip the platinum in the catalytic convertor, and then call the version of Weitsman in Birmingham to send a flatbed to pick up the rest of the car. Went with one of them to pick up some cash they would need for the day to pay out, also at a designated time, 35K. I would say that my cousins, age 64 and 60, are each worth north of 10 million.

I assume he’s related to the Weitsman family in Utica who has the recycling business there. They lived close by to me growing up and I used to sled down their yard in the winter. Of course that was back when the world was B&W.
32A1A5AB-7D47-4A90-858E-9AB9F3FE856B.jpeg

I wonder if the Dior recruitment set the table with JJ looking elsewhere and kinda closing Cuse off from a mindset standpoint. Kinda a you didn't want me before but you want me now kinda thing.

We’ve lost the momentum after signing Taylor. We might strike out with all three guards. Flip doesn’t look as promising either with Duke becoming the clear leader according to all the experts. JJ is hard to figure out. He’s said very little about any of the schools recruiting him. Only time will tell.

We’ve lost the momentum after signing Taylor. We might strike out with all three guards. Flip doesn’t look as promising either with Duke becoming the clear leader according to all the experts. JJ is hard to figure out. He’s said very little about any of the schools recruiting him. Only time will tell.
This!! People were saying that more commitments were coming soon.... and nothing. Radio silence, disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.