Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are not all one and done’s. They will transfer or get forced out for the next class. We see it all the time with Duke and UK.
I agree that they're not. If they're accepting a scholarship to Duke I assume many feel that it's a validation of their skill level and their destiny to play pro ball. Some will declare for the draft, while others will hit the portal.

It's almost a cliche but I'd like Weitsman to step up. If he really wants to be loved, helping land JJ is the way to do it, not sucking up to the Barstool guy and other celebs.

I agree that they're not. If they're accepting a scholarship to Duke I assume many feel that it's a validation of their skill level and their destiny to play pro ball. Some will declare for the draft, while others will hit the portal.
I would agree. Its not like they "need" Dook or Kentucky to get to the nba. JJ could go play at Butgers and make it to the NBA. I think it's largely about validation. If your on that team, you're considered one of the best and you've arrived.

It's almost a cliche but I'd like Weitsman to step up. If he really wants to be loved, helping land JJ is the way to do it, not sucking up to the Barstool guy and other celebs.
He might be already but a local kid doesn't necessarily need Weitsman. If he wants to stay home, JAB will find a way to make the math work with or without Adam. Although nothing would make AW happier than watching his good buddy cutting down the nets.

Flip talking about JJ

Four-star combo guard J.J. Starling will be on his visit to Duke this weekend. Brian spoke with commit Kyle Filipowski about Starling this week. Here’s what he said.

“I’m all in for him. I know he’s a great player. Great shooter. Great guy. I couldn’t see how he could fit in better at a place other than Duke. We’re just going to have to wait and see on that one.

“I feel confident with all of our guys that have gone on visits - going back to Jaden and Dereck, so I know that JJ is going to enjoy his time. This is really the vision that Coach Scheyer has for the 2022 class.

“I’m all in on that vision. I feel very confident with what he’s trying to put together. And I know that the guys he’s recruiting can see that as well.”

Let’s chat about it!

Flip talking about JJ

Four-star combo guard J.J. Starling will be on his visit to Duke this weekend. Brian spoke with commit Kyle Filipowski about Starling this week. Here’s what he said.

“I’m all in for him. I know he’s a great player. Great shooter. Great guy. I couldn’t see how he could fit in better at a place other than Duke. We’re just going to have to wait and see on that one.

“I feel confident with all of our guys that have gone on visits - going back to Jaden and Dereck, so I know that JJ is going to enjoy his time. This is really the vision that Coach Scheyer has for the 2022 class.

“I’m all in on that vision. I feel very confident with what he’s trying to put together. And I know that the guys he’s recruiting can see that as well.”

Let’s chat about it!
Gross ...gross...grosss

Flip talking about JJ

Let’s chat about it!
JJ will always be that lowly 4 star at Duke. Let's hear it for being the 4th option. Who has already been recruited over with a 5 star in the next class. But hey, that Duke sweatshirt is really nice.

JJ will always be that lowly 4 star at Duke. Let's hear it for being the 4th option. Who has already been recruited over with a 5 star in the next class. But hey, that Duke sweatshirt is really nice.

Ask Jordan Tucker (WHO? exactly!) all about the brotherhood,
and how much fun it is watching your 5* teammates play, from the bench.

This is feeling like the DaJuan Coleman recruitment to me...

In the era of NIL, where serious money can be made while attending college, it would seem to be more valuable to you if you are THE highest-ranked, or 1 of the highest-ranked players on your team. If you start, but all the other players are higher ranked than you, it would seem to diminish your stature in the perception of the team's fans. Wouldn't it always be better for you if you can be near the top of fans' expectations?

The other thing...some mention that academics was/is important to JJ. If that is true, then he might be planning to stay at least 3 years at a place that 1) has the academics programs he desires, & 2) where he can be 1 of his team's Stars in each of those 3 years. That would seem to favor Syracuse, would it not?

Ask Jordan Tucker (WHO? exactly!) all about the brotherhood,
and how much fun it is watching your 5* teammates play, from the bench.
JJ may start at Duke but he'll be a role player. Get the ball to the stars who are 1st and 2nd options. At SU he's the star and still surrounded by some nice talent to support him.

JJ may start at Duke but he'll be a role player. Get the ball to the stars who are 1st and 2nd options. At SU he's the star and still surrounded by some nice talent to support him.

If he starts it will be because guys either transfer or are forced out. And he won’t be a lead ball handler there at all IMO.

If he starts it will be because guys either transfer or are forced out. And he won’t be a lead ball handler there at all IMO.

He will be a complimentary scorer if not primarily just a shooter at first when you look at their roster possibilities. Definitely not a guy who gets a ton of work on the ball with so many other 5 stars on that team with that skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom