Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isnt a world where both JJ and Q come here unfortunately. Yes, I get it they COULD play together but it isnt happening. They have been stalling Q’s commitment but they arent gonna wait forever
So Duke and UNC and even Bama can sign multiple high level, top 50 guards, but we can’t land one because we have another lower rated guy in the fold (at a different position)? I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t land both Starling and Copeland and any reason the coaches don’t think we could.

So it’s tough to say at this point what Starling (2022) will do. But apparently Eric Bossi, thinks that Syracuse, Duke and Stanford are going to be factors.
That suggests that he’s a serious student and if that’s the case, then Duke and Stanford have stuff to offer that Syracuse doesn’t.

But it’s still very early so unless he makes up his mind faster than we could reasonably expect, we’ll just have to wait.

So it’s tough to say at this point what Starling (2022) will do. But apparently Eric Bossi, thinks that Syracuse, Duke and Stanford are going to be factors.
That suggests that he’s a serious student and if that’s the case, then Duke and Stanford have stuff to offer that Syracuse doesn’t.

But it’s still very early so unless he makes up his mind faster than we could reasonably expect, we’ll just have to wait.

Lake Onandaga. Good grief.

Why would where he goes to school matter at all from an academic standpoint? This kid is thinking one year and then the NBA. Worst case, probably two, but I doubt he's considering much of that. Regardless of how serious a student he is, how is one year at Stanford or Duke help him?

No - you now have to say Guardians.
Okay. Seems I am behind the times….will hit 80 in a few months. . So how’s this? “The Guardians came over the rise riding bareback while unleashing arrow after arrow upon the unsuspecting wagon train”. Is that okay….or should I have said “shafts”?

So Duke and UNC and even Bama can sign multiple high level, top 50 guards, but we can’t land one because we have another lower rated guy in the fold (at a different position)? I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t land both Starling and Copeland and any reason the coaches don’t think we could.
Lol bro. You really think Cope is the only player in the way? We will have two other guards here regardless if Copeland comes here or not (he is coming) plus Taylor is 50/50 on the SG slot. These.kids.want.to.play.now

Lol bro. You really think Cope is the only player in the way? We will have two other guards here regardless if Copeland comes here or not (he is coming) plus Taylor is 50/50 on the SG slot. These.kids.want.to.play.now
Counterpoint - big-time schools are able to nab kids who are Top 50 and they don't play 30 minutes a game right away. How does that work? I understand the "we are SU" argument, but we aren't Siena or Binghamton.

i think jb has a reputation for playing more senior guys too. See kadary v joe girard. Might hurt us somewhat.

I don’t agree. I cut a lot of your message to focus on the academic statement. First, I doubt quality of education matters- it’s how fast you can get to the NBA. If academics did matter they’d be looking to spend a few years in school or even graduate. I doubt any top 100 player thinks they’ll do that. Lastly, SU does have Newhouse which is good as it gets. SU may not rate as highly as Duke and Stanford overall but it is a terrific school.

The fact that the insider said JJ is 6'0 just shows how some of these guys do 0 research

i think jb has a reputation for playing more senior guys too. See kadary v joe girard. Might hurt us somewhat.
It’s almost impossible to count the freshman guards who have been handed the keys

Last edited:
My assumption would be if UConn gets Anglin it takes them out of the JJ race. Although I don’t think he was going to go there anyway but it doesn’t hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.