Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got the top 2 communications schools in the country on his list of 4. Coincidence? Academics are important to him. Stanford seems to have done a poor job recruiting him which is good for Syracuse. Does he want to major in communications? That would be a big plus for SU of so.
Stanford is a long way away. 3 ACC schools. Likely to play in the Dome at least once if he goes ND/Duke.

The fact that we’re getting him on campus for a second official, is really encouraging news. It means he’s heavily interested in coming here and that he wants to envision EXACTLY what it will be like to be a student athlete at Syracuse.

This is a HUGE opportunity for the staff to pull out all stops once more and send it home for good. I mean we’ll see what happens, but we’re in pretty good shape I think, gotta think we’re possibly the front runners here.

Can only hope that this visit will leave him with a true lasting impression of coming home and we’ll see if he’ll be able to turn that down...even with dook or dame making a last ditch effort.

We lose out to Duke, so be it. If there are extenuating circumstances around ND or NW that are going on, ok.

But NW has zero NBA players, I believe, currently. I think ND only has one in Connaughton.

At least Stanford has guys in the league. And Ziaire just got drafted.

Would really like to win this one. I know that beating Duke is tough. But we need to be able to beat ND and NW.

Debacle is a bit strong.
To me felt more like a croot that literally came out of nowhere and landed in our lap then shortly after jumped ship. Rather he do it now anyways as opposed to just not pulling up to campus when he is supposed to arrive and pulling a Taurean move or something similar.

We lose out to Duke, so be it. If there are extenuating circumstances around ND or NW that are going on, ok.

But NW has zero NBA players, I believe, currently. I think ND only has one in Connaughton.

At least Stanford has guys in the league. And Ziaire just got drafted.

Would really like to win this one. I know that beating Duke is tough. But we need to be able to beat ND and NW.
Just like any local kid it comes down to whether he wants to stay home or leave upstate/central/Western NY. Fortunately we have pretty good history with the real locals. It's not just our staff recruiting him It's also his friends and family.

Just like any local kid it comes down to whether he wants to stay home or leave upstate/central/Western NY. Fortunately we have pretty good history with the real locals. It's not just our staff recruiting him It's also his friends and family.

I get the challenges. We still need to beat ND and NW. We're Syracuse. IMO, this is one we need to land if Duke can't close the deal.

If he was so certain about wanting to get out, we shouldn't be in his final four. We need to win or come dang close here.

I get the challenges. We still need to beat ND and NW. We're Syracuse. IMO, this is one we need to land if Duke can't close the deal.

If he was so certain about wanting to get out, we shouldn't be in his final four. We need to win or come dang close here.
I think someone else mentioned this but why couldn't he, or anyone else, become a paid spokesman for syracusefan.com. I think our payside could fund it.

If what is known about JJ wanting to get the keys to the kingdom, seems like an easy sell to slot into the starting spot replacing Hubb from day one. Plus the academics from ND.

Not saying I don't want him to come to Cuse, but I can see the appeal in his recruitment.

To me felt more like a croot that literally came out of nowhere and landed in our lap then shortly after jumped ship. Rather he do it now anyways as opposed to just not pulling up to campus when he is supposed to arrive and pulling a Taurean move or something similar.
Agreed

I can’t take it!

I need a JJ
1630277168038.png

Hmmm. I am too lazy to look back but I recall some cocksure posers saying he was locked in to UNC.
I think the assumption was, since he grew up a UNC fan, if offered, he would no doubt go to UNC. He has not been offered by UNC, and if he does get the offer, he is likely to take a visit there. That may be why he is leaving one visit open.

No Stanford.
The only ones surprised are a few here that were running the narrative that he valued a great education so much that he'd go one year there instead of lowly Syracuse (or somewhere else) because of academic reasons. Just a reminder to a few... one and done's aren't looking at academics unless it has three letters included... n b a

Last edited:
This will be a basketball decision. Everything else will be secondary to that. Keys to the kingdom and getting to the NBA. Hes a smart kid and the education stuff is obviously important but hes a legitimate pro prospect who could potentially make millions playing professionally...thats what it boils down to.

Hmmm. I am too lazy to look back but I recall some cocksure posers saying he was locked in to UNC.
To my knowledge, he hasn’t been offered by them. I started this thread, based on my son’s relationship with him (they are separated by 3 years, so they haven’t stayed in touch, sorry) and it is known that JJ grew up a UNC fan.

This will be a basketball decision. Everything else will be secondary to that. Keys to the kingdom and getting to the NBA. Hes a smart kid and the education stuff is obviously important but hes a legitimate pro prospect who could potentially make millions playing professionally...thats what it boils down to.
We know one thing, he will not be the man at Duke. He would be their 3rd best (highest ranked) recruit in that class and then he would be expected to be out the door. If he is allowed to come back a second year, he would then be behind another crop of top 10 recruits. He will never be the man at Duke. And when he is gone, he will be way down on their list of past players. At SU, he would likely be our best recruit of this cycle. If Benny comes back, Benny is the man. But, JJ would likely start and he would be one of our top scoring options. Personally, I think the SU situation is better than the other three on that list. But, I am not exactly objective. But, who cares about ND basketball? Nobody. Who cares about NW basketball? Mike Greenburg, that's it. I hope he sees it that way, he would be the diamond of this recruiting cycle.

Debacle is a bit strong.

What was Bazely? Because it feels a lot like that.
Dior -- eh, I felt like we never had him. Lands was going to be our stud, though.

In this regard, Lands leaving has to help us.

The fact that we’re getting him on campus for a second official, is really encouraging news. It means he’s heavily interested in coming here and that he wants to envision EXACTLY what it will be like to be a student athlete at Syracuse.

This is a HUGE opportunity for the staff to pull out all stops once more and send it home for good. I mean we’ll see what happens, but we’re in pretty good shape I think, gotta think we’re possibly the front runners here.

Can only hope that this visit will leave him with a true lasting impression of coming home and we’ll see if he’ll be able to turn that down...even with dook or dame making a last ditch effort.
No other way to look at it other then he really wants to come to SU, but wants to see if someone else can grab his interest. He's been around the Cuse his entire life, he knows what's here. Does he take a chance in going elsewhere cause the grass is always greener, or stay home and do the "known entity" thing? Tough choice.

Dior -- eh, I felt like we never had him. Lands was going to be our stud, though.
Bazely was a gut punch. This guy was someone who committed out of the blue and has never stepped foot on campus. Bazely decommitted much later as well. I believe he also signed too.

Bazely was a debacle. Bazely had signed a LOI and then decommitted in March of his senior year. Lands decommitting the summer before his senior year gives us much more room to operate, especially with the transfer portal, which wasn't an option when we lost Bazely.

Status
Not open for further replies.