Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me one clip where a kid in any sport gets drafted and when interviewed says that he wants to thank no one but himself. It's always his mom, his dad, maybe his grandmother/father, siblings, his coaches, his teammates, etc. And even his teachers, the dude from the Boys Club.
All those people are going to support and cheer for him no matter what. Its the outliers like us, the fans, that are truly disappointed(and i definitely am). I can't imagine being upset at anyone I knew and cared about to follow whatever dream they were striving for. Id watch in admiration and support. He owes us nothing and the people he does owe, they are happy I am sure.

All those people are going to support and cheer for him no matter what. Its the outliers like us, the fans, that are truly disappointed(and i definitely am). I can't imagine being upset at anyone I knew and cared about to follow whatever dream they were striving for. Id watch in admiration and support. He owes us nothing and the people he does owe, they are happy I am sure.
Yup. Cheer for him from 1000 miles away.

I hope he’s impressed with the crowd when we play Duke, because we’re going to get our butts kicked.
Kicked like how they kicked UVA’s?

Would much prefer he was visiting for a game we have a high likelihood of winning instead. The whole atmosphere would be more upbeat especially after the game when he hangs with the team.

Show me one clip where a kid in any sport gets drafted and when interviewed says that he wants to thank no one but himself. It's always his mom, his dad, maybe his grandmother/father, siblings, his coaches, his teammates, etc. And even his teachers, the dude from the Boys Club.
Move the goal line much. Thanking parents for doing what parents do doesn’t mean a kid has to be umbilically tethered to them.
Being thankful doesn’t mean that he owes them anything.

Rough subject, but let's remember Dior commited after the losing the Duke game. The crowd will set Cuse apart

Rough subject, but let's remember Dior commited after the losing the Duke game. The crowd will set Cuse apart

So, you’re saying that Mintz will commit to Cuse after the Duke game?

Then jerk us all around, decommit, and then go to Oregon? :p

When one door closes and another one opens, you're probably in prison somewhere.
I am sorry my little quote stirred past memories .I hope they were Ocupational or Charitable and not Remedial. I do apologize.

Makes me nervous if they blow us out of the gym.
They wont and regardless hes going to witness something very few recruits get to see. A school and community that is number 1 in supporting their team. Add in the National TV, the Hype K JB last time in the dome. Local press dominated by the game...
I think its very good

Makes me nervous if they blow us out of the gym.

Me too and if they show up what else can you expect - they have talented players who are great athletes - the worst possible scenario

TV is the ticket for exposure. If he comes here it will be for other reasons than game attendance. His criteria has been stated. I doubt that there is a correlation between gate attendance and recruiting. However, I expect a correlation between TV exposufe and recruiting. Unfortunately, we no longer get the TV exposure we used to get. Lack of rivalries also hurts. Never-the-less, I think we land him.

Last edited:
TV is the ticket for exposure. If he comes here it will be for other reasons than game attendance. His criteria has been stated. I doubt that there is a correlation between gate attendance and recruiting. However, I expect a correlation between TV exposufe and recruiting. Unfortunately, we no longer get the TV exposure we used to get. Lack of rivalries also hurts. Never-the-less, I think we land him.
I disagree,

1) “TV exposure” is the least of the players worries, every game for syracuse is still televised (usually nationally) and as has been mentioned many times before, NBA scouts will find the talent and they don’t need ESPN to show them.

2) players definitely want to play in front of full stadiums, I’m not sure how anyone could argue against that…

And 3) rivalries matter more to fans then they do to players. Let’s be honest most of these kids stay 1-2 years they aren’t exactly developing deep seeded hatred for the opposing university.

Me too and if they show up what else can you expect - they have talented players who are great athletes - the worst possible scenario

Good idea. Let’s only invite recruits to when we scrimmage Lemoyne. We will blow them out, our players will look awesome against opponent and recruits will be wowed by old people knitting and all the space between guests in pee troughs.

Cuse!

These recruits,I suspect, spend half the game daydreaming and imagining themselves out there. Don’t get me wrong, the fans do get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom