Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is so not a Pittsburgh player. What was he thinking?!

He’s going to be a lot of fun to watch. He operates like he’s got one of those embedded attack computers, like The Terminator.

I‘m mixy, between wanting him to get bigger/stronger, versus wanting him to just rip around and break ankles like Iverson.
Reminds me a little bit of Chris Paul the more I see him. Lots of similar movements. Obviously a long way to go to be a hofer.

It will be so much fun to watch a PG who can penetrate and make stuff happen in transition. Copeland going against him in practice should be great developmentally for both. Couldn't be more excited to see Judah in the starting lineup.

Glad to see that NLI get signed Judah!

Judah is a game changer at guard. Scores at all 3 levels. Creates for himself and others in both transition and on the dribble drive. He has speed, footwork, hands to be a great defender. Complete player. The rest of Cuse Nation will love Judah! We already do...

Mintz has to be the anti-SU-commit-rankings-dropper. This guy can only climb in the rankings when they get updated.

I don't want to start a new Dior thread. His old ones are locked. But, I just wanted to share this clip from a recent interview with Matt Barnes...
The super class that we thought we were making headed by Dior and friends would have been fun, but it didn't happen. I am glad we ended up with Judah (and friends) in the end.

I don't want to start a new Dior thread. His old ones are locked. But, I just wanted to share this clip from a recent interview with Matt Barnes...
The super class that we thought we were making headed by Dior and friends would have been fun, but it didn't happen. I am glad we ended up with Judah (and friends) in the end.
Amen. I'm totally good with the class that SU ended up with.

Reminds me of Notae on Arkansas, but a higher ceiling due to how polished he already is.

Glad to see that NLI get signed Judah!

Judah is a game changer at guard. Scores at all 3 levels. Creates for himself and others in both transition and on the dribble drive. He has speed, footwork, hands to be a great defender. Complete player. The rest of Cuse Nation will love Judah! We already do...

Mintz has to be the anti-SU-commit-rankings-dropper. This guy can only climb in the rankings when they get updated.

Mintz has an elite midrange game.

Like Poetry or CJ, but much faster-twitch than either of those guys, who were both very deliberate.
He's like Mali on 3 Red Bulls. :p

There are more ball fakes in his ten minute highlight reel, than we usually see in a season.

One thing about all those ball fakes, hesitations, etc. -- it really shows what a tremendous feel he has for the game. Sometimes freezing the defender even for a fraction of a second with those type of ball fakes makes all the difference in the world in terms of getting a shot up cleanly.

Kid really has an impressive feel for the rhythm of the game. Good shooting form, too. Hard to not see him being an impact player very quickly, probably day 1.

One thing about all those ball fakes, hesitations, etc. -- it really shows what a tremendous feel he has for the game. Sometimes freezing the defender even for a fraction of a second with those type of ball fakes makes all the difference in the world in terms of getting a shot up cleanly.

Kid really has an impressive feel for the rhythm of the game. Good shooting form, too. Hard to not see him being an impact player very quickly, probably day 1.
Yeah the one highlight where he ball faked twice right in front of the basket was impressive. Completely cleared the 2 separate defenders. A lot of guys wouldn't be patient enough for that move to work.

My cousin gave me a great comp for his scoring ability that would have never crossed my mind: DeMar DeRozan.

The rest of his game is obviously different but just talking about putting the ball in the hoop I think it is great.

More of a 2 guard. Does not show him handling under pressure. Does not need a lot of room to shoot. Will have to adjust with more athletic and bigger defenders. Love the shake and bake.

Like the prospect of having Copeland and Mintz at top of zone for spurts or in press. If back line can generate blocks, steals we may be tough to stop in transtion with Benny, Jesse and Taylor running the court. Looks like Brown can also run. Won't hit many 3's but I'll take layups and dunks

You can tell that he’s played against taller, quicker players having developed all those instinctive fakes and moves to get his shot off, create space. Hope to see his ability to go to his left taking it all the way directly to the basket - when he goes left he seems to score by pulling up for jumpers, moving across the lane from the left to get to the right or use reverse layups coming from the left to get it off on his right. Should be fun to watch him develop and refine his point guard skills to direct and set up teammates. Welcome to Cuse!

Shame Frank had to enter the portal.

Mintz appears to be a guard with the ability to open up the lane and use his length/coordination to get the ball up or dished in acrobatic fashion.

We’ve not had someone who could do that since Gbinije and MCW. Ennis wasn’t that type of guard, and G didn’t naturally come in this fluid

JB will have options this upcoming season. If we can't "portal" a forward,
I can see guys like Taylor and Copeland playing in the back of the 2-3 zone.
With the brothers Boeheim and Cole leaving, we got "faster".
Will JB implement that we PLAY faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors