Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of a 2 guard. Does not show him handling under pressure. Does not need a lot of room to shoot. Will have to adjust with more athletic and bigger defenders. Love the shake and bake.

Definitely a combo. The highlights didn't show this, but he's a good passer who sees the floor pretty well. But agree in the main, not a true lead guard.

Neither is Joe. The question is: can the two of them in tandem be effective and have adequate ball handling / play making [I think so].

He could also play / start alongside Joe, or play with Symir off the ball. So it gives us backcourt flexibility.

Definitely a combo. The highlights didn't show this, but he's a good passer who sees the floor pretty well. But agree in the main, not a true lead guard.

Neither is Joe. The question is: can the two of them in tandem be effective and have adequate ball handling / play making [I think so].

He could also play / start alongside Joe, or play with Symir off the ball. So it gives us backcourt flexibility.
Lot's of options for different talents/change of pace/handling/penetrating/shooting etc. next year between Judah, Joe, Sy, Justin and Quadir. Each is unique and not the same type of player.

CP3 is a great comp
CP3 is the best assist man perhaps that has ever played. He is canny and smooth rather than being a speed demon. His moves are efficient with no fancy dribbling. Mintz has that inner city high energy, pound the ball, shake and bake game. CP3 scores at all 3 levels in the pros while Mintz does it in HS.
Why do you see a CP3 comparison?

CP3 is the best assist man perhaps that has ever played. He is canny and smooth rather than being a speed demon. His moves are efficient with no fancy dribbling. Mintz has that inner city high energy, pound the ball, shake and bake game. CP3 scores at all 3 levels in the pros while Mintz does it in HS.

CP3 played way more physically.

I would say Mintz is much closer to Steve Nash at the same age. Nash the better overall passer (not great early on, though) but both with the ability to draw the extra defender(s) and make the right passes. Both good three point shooters, though Nash probably put up more volume from distance. Mintz a much better defender and better finisher closer to the rim.

The way that hand out assists today is ridiculous

CP3 is a great comp

Interesting. Actually it is even though body type wise you wouldn't go there initially. CP3 was a picky 3pt shooter who was high 40s pct wise but didn't take that many per game. Like Paul a mid range sniper and has an uncanny feel of finding an opening for his own shot but also didn't need to force the issue either.

CP3 played way more physically.

I would say Mintz is much closer to Steve Nash at the same age. Nash the better overall passer (not great early on, though) but both with the ability to draw the extra defender(s) and make the right passes. Both good three point shooters, though Nash probably put up more volume from distance. Mintz a much better defender and better finisher closer to the rim.

In the NBA yes. In college he used pace, angles and composure on the ball. For sure he was a stronger guard but his keys to success had more to do with the prior.

Last edited:
Interesting. Actually it is even though body type wise you wouldn't go there initially. CP3 was a picky 3pt shooter who was high 40s pct wise but didn't take that many per game. Like Paul a mid range sniper and has an uncanny feel of finding an opening for his own shot but also didn't need to force the issue either.
And the spin moves are all CP3!

Anybody know if Mintz playing in Jordan brand classic or any all star games for any of our guys?

I’m seeing Mintz as similar to Immanuel Quickley. Comparable size and frame, midrange scorer with range, not a pure pass-first PG but a lead guard. Hope to see a career path like Quickley’s at Kentucky - solid freshman year, becomes a star when he’s the face of the team as a sophomore. Love his personality - fingers crossed he’s the real thing.

I’m seeing Mintz as similar to Immanuel Quickley. Comparable size and frame, midrange scorer with range, not a pure pass-first PG but a lead guard. Hope to see a career path like Quickley’s at Kentucky - solid freshman year, becomes a star when he’s the face of the team as a sophomore. Love his personality - fingers crossed he’s the real thing.
W

Copeland, too. All three at 82.
9A750AD6-9099-46CE-B38B-53B4D9EF59F1.jpeg

Glad to see Syracuse fans are keeping their expectations calibrated to only CP3 and Monta comps. I was concerned we would start comparing to prime Allen Iverson or something. No pressure for Judah. We should win 30 games easy!

Find me 10 posts claiming we even do better than just making the tournament.

Not one person is saying he is either. Just that his game reflects on them as a comparison...

Status
Not open for further replies.