Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 team. Freezing. 8300 students and 31000 fans.
Syracuse is without question an elite program.
For sure, no two recruits think exactly the same way, but if I am an exciting open court player, I would be chomping at the bit to light that crowd up. We have a relatively boring team and this was a blowout from the jump, but this crowd was wanting to explode. Next year's team could be very athletic and hopefully can run the fast break. They will be young and probably erratic, but there is so much opportunity to make the dome go nuts.

[QUOTE="dasher, post: 4183691, memb
Oh, it really isn't info. We lose recruits to private schools all the time. What I choose to ignore is people like you. And I am so much better off for it. On ignore.
[/QUOTE]
Reading comprehension? I said it was between Wake and us. The problem is not that Wake is a private school. The problem is that we have sunk down to their level. As usual, you cannot read.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension? I said it was between Wake and us.
Ok, so with an exciting team, like the one that Juday would be leading, gets 22,000 on average and over 30k on special nights. This is what Wake averaged for the past few years. And, we had over 8,000 students tonight, that is insane...anywhere here is Wake's numbers.
1645937542183.png

Ok, so with an exciting team, like the one that Juday would be leading, gets 22,000 on average and over 30k on special nights. This is what Wake averaged for the past few years. And, we had over 8,000 students tonight, that is insane...anywhere here is Wake's numbers.
View attachment 214806
What does "rank" refer to?

View attachment 214806
No one said that tiny Wake has better attendance than us. The problem is that we used to win recruiting battles hands down with the !ikes of Wake or NCS. If attendance were the most important factor why did we lose every one of our first choices? Incidentally, I think we will win this recruitment.

I mean, this simply isn't backed up by anything. Correlation between public vs non-public when choosing a place to play is nonexistent - could not be less of a factor.
I already pointed out it’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard here. If Kentucky offered him he would go there. If Duke did he would go there. Weird

No one said that tiny Wake has better attendance than us. The problem is that we used to win recruiting battles hands down with the !ikes of Wake or NCS. If attendance were the most important factor why did we lose every one of our first choices? Incidentally, I think we will win this recruitment.
I don't know, I just know that if a kid wants to be part of an electric environment, it is right there for him to see. Literally every other team takes you in to a gym. Syracuse walks you out in to a freaking arena filled with fans, 8,000 of your fellow students, all going crazy waiting for you to do something to make take it up a notch. We have a good record when we get guys on campus. Let's get this guy, have a great year next year, and build on it.

Of getting blown out ? (Not directed at you) but I actually think a game like this is an outlier. Fans show up like this 2-3x a year and losing by what they just lost by is not great
He won’t be playing on this year’s team.
I would hope he would be envisioning a season next year with himself at the helm, blowing out Duke in front of 35k.

It probably does, as a percentage of capacity.

Cuse does have best program and family atmosphere. Best class coming in 2022
You have know idea about the “best family atmosphere”. No one does, especially because every young man’s perception of that is different.

Anyway of knowing the student attendance in 02-03?Being I recall always going early and being front row or very close never looked straight back but we had some monster student turnouts then too.

So whats the board opinion, after watching that is Mintz thinking, yeah I can come right in and start and play a significant role or does he say, this place is a sinking ship?

I guess it might depend on how well he felt around Taylor, Bunch and Carey.

So whats the board opinion, after watching that is Mintz thinking, yeah I can come right in and start and play a significant role or does he say, this place is a sinking ship?

I guess it might depend on how well he felt around Taylor, Bunch and Carey.
I think they are all bullish on the future of Syracuse basketball.

He won’t be playing on this year’s team.
I would hope he would be envisioning a season next year with himself at the helm, blowing out Duke in front of 35k.
More likely he sees himself scoring 25 but the team being blown out by Duke who has 3-4 1st round NBA draft picks. But that would be the same at NC State and Wake too. His decision will be more impacted by which coaching staff he connects with better. BTW did JB spend any time with him or is he just leaving it up to his assistants?

More likely he sees himself scoring 25 but the team being blown out by Duke who has 3-4 1st round NBA draft picks. But that would be the same at NC State and Wake too. His decision will be more impacted by which coaching staff he connects with better. BTW did JB spend any time with him or is he just leaving it up to his assistants?
The worst part about this is we are overrating Duke and acting like the little engine that could.

Status
Not open for further replies.