Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no fixing this. If he wants to go play for Depaul good luck to him. It is what it is at this point. This entire year has been a disaster from start to finish. How much are they giving this kid? Sheesh.

If he goes to DePaul, I wonder how they got both him and Cruz and the same guy that predicts Mintz to DePaul also predicts the #6 player in JUCO, who also happens to be a SG, to DePaul.

lol at everyone giving up on Mintz after someone on the internet said he was going somewhere else.

No one knows where he is going, maybe not even Judah himself. Could turn out to be true, but who knows?
Until he announces, it's all just a guess.

lol at everyone giving up on Mintz after someone on the internet said he was going somewhere else.

No one knows where he is going, maybe not even Judah himself. Could turn out to be true, but who knows?

For sure- although us reaching out to Clark just recently doesn't help with hanging onto any warm fuzzies we may have had before today.

You are ignoring the fact that the crystals balls have much more often than not been accurate. You are also ignoring our recent track record in this class with regard to landing a headliner.
Not just a guess. Educated guess. Definite? no but given our last year which way are you betting?
Fans are allowed to be disappointed.

For sure- although us reaching out to Clark just recently doesn't help with hanging onto any warm fuzzies we may have had before today.
well, we get mad when we put all of our eggs in one basket as we have in the past. Mintz hasn't committed to us yet so it would be irresponsible to not contact Clark on the oft chance he would be interested in us. I don't think it is anything more than that.

well, we get mad when we put all of our eggs in one basket as we have in the past. Mintz hasn't committed to us yet so it would be irresponsible to not contact Clark on the oft chance he would be interested in us. I don't think it is anything more than that.

Don't disagree. Hopefully April comes with this kid doing what we thought he would.

That aside there have been a few SGs dropped in the portal the past 10 days. So some of the mid major talents have started their journey..

You are ignoring the fact that the crystals balls have much more often than not been accurate. You are also ignoring our recent track record in this class with regard to landing a headliner.
Do we even have a CB insider? If we did, he might have picked Syracuse with the way our coaches seem to think. It just might be that the Depaul coaches are as confidant as our guys are and this guys CB pick is a reflection of that. The national guy may be getting the same vibe.

Not just a guess. Educated guess. Definite? no but given our last year which way are you betting?
Disappointed in what? That someone thinks he's going elsewhere? He hasn't publicly committed anywhere. See Dasher's post above. That's just as "accurate" as someone else's guess.
1646671758657.gif

The thing that sucks about the crystal balls is some guys change them. If tomorrow it leaked out Mintz was going to WF, they’d change them to WF. They can change them right up to the last minute which makes it easy to always be right.

The thing that sucks about the crystal balls is some guys change them. If tomorrow it leaked out Mintz was going to WF, they’d change them to WF. They can change them right up to the last minute which makes it easy to always be right.

Yeah that is why the high pct of accuracy figures are always suspect.

It isn't a defeatist statement. I saw Bunch play in person. Have you? The other guys aren't rated in the top 100 players in the class. We have to be realistic. I guess we could live in fantasy land and think that these guys that aren't that good in high school will come in and win at the major college level next year. None of those guys will do as well as Cole. Not even close. But feel free to think whatever you want.
I have never been impressed with Bunch. Reminds me of an one dimensional player who could be much better. Still remains to be seen.

Regarding the rest, who do you want to kick off the squad (take away their scholarship)? we have one open scholarship if Swider leaves and Mintz does not come. Who is the forward savior that you want to pick up?

We have been dealt the cards and need to develop the talent. Maybe we have another losing season but that may also happen if Cole stays. If Cole decides to stay, great. However, he should explore all avenues before he makes a decision.

I don't think that sucks. Recruiting is fluid and is always changing. Clearly, people heard yesterday that DePaul was in the lead. So if he was announcing today it would probably be DePaul and that is what the Crystal Balls say. If next week he is back towards leaning Syracuse then they will switch. To me, Crystal Ball is a tool that shows me where the recruit is thinking at this moment in time not a clear look at the "future" because as we know recruiting changes daily.

That's a failing mentality - what the 'program' or SU CAN do is tap into booster programs without connecting to the coaches. See every SEC school getting guys over better basketball programs.

If this instance, be it true, isn't a wake-up to modern college basketball recruiting, it will never hit the staff. The staff has repeatedly not "played the game" with the '22 class, and that's why they've completely struck out after promising an elite class.

Who are these boosters programs? Do you mean JB is supposed to be able to convince Weitsman to put up $1m earmarked for recruits? JB’s not even supposed to do that. It’d be nice if we could do what EMU did which was some wealthy boosters pooled millions of dollars together for NIL. But that’s not realistic nor anything the coaches get involved with.

I have never been impressed with Bunch. Reminds me of an one dimensional player who could be much better. Still remains to be seen.

Regarding the rest, who do you want to kick off the squad (take away their scholarship)? we have one open scholarship if Swider leaves and Mintz does not come. Who is the forward savior that you want to pick up?

We have been dealt the cards and need to develop the talent. Maybe we have another losing season but that may also happen if Cole stays. If Cole decides to stay, great. However, he should explore all avenues before he makes a decision.
I don't know the forward. but i know good ones will be out there. Better than our freshman. I suspect. By the way, I hope very much I am wrong and they are really good.

I don't think that sucks. Recruiting is fluid and is always changing. Clearly, people heard yesterday that DePaul was in the lead. So if he was announcing today it would probably be DePaul and that is what the Crystal Balls say. If next week he is back towards leaning Syracuse then they will switch. To me, Crystal Ball is a tool that shows me where the recruit is thinking at this moment in time not a clear look at the "future" because as we know recruiting changes daily.

Sucks as in their percentages of being “right”. They also only have it a 7. So while 7 is considered high confidence, it’s not an 8, 9, or 10 or a sure thing.

247Sports once put in a Crystal Ball pick to Syracuse a few years ago for a kid we weren't even recruiting.

We didn't even have a thread started for him.

I don't know the forward. but i know good ones will be out there. Better than our freshman. I suspect. By the way, I hope very much I am wrong and they are really good.

Brown seems intriguing- even if only as a good lunchpail guy who rebounds, defends, hustles and can finish around the rim when needed. A nice piece we could work with. With the other guys it just seems the leap we hoped would happen just didn't. Not sure who had compared Bunch to Mookie... but that isn't seeming incredibly far off..

Brown seems intriguing- even if only as a good lunchpail guy who rebounds, defends, hustles and can finish around the rim when needed. A nice piece we could work with. With the other guys it just seems the leap we hoped would happen just didn't. Not sure who had compared Bunch to Mookie... but that isn't seeming incredibly far off..
Taylor can play forward IMO. He shouldn’t be a guard though.

Brown plays the weakest competition of any of these guys so I don’t take his numbers seriously.

We have a 10-15 win roster however you project it right now though.

Taylor can play forward IMO. He shouldn’t be a guard though.

Brown plays the weakest competition of any of these guys so I don’t take his numbers seriously.

We have a 10-15 win roster however you project it right now though.

Yeah I mean right now it's a hope that one guy and if we are lucky two can be major contributors from this clas as freshmen.

That is a hard pill to swallow. As I noted above without Mintz or an equivalent this team could be on par with the women this past year (11-18)

I don’t understand the NIL potential at DePaul. I live in Chicago, and have met maybe 5 DePaul fans in my life. They must have sold him on something during the visit

I don’t understand the NIL potential at DePaul. I live in Chicago, and have met maybe 5 DePaul fans in my life. They must have sold him on something during the visit
There’s nothing factual that says anything about NIL here. It’s just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.