Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster because I have to put my observations out there. I started following this forum and recruiting in 2015 when I was in high school. I primarily get my info off of social media because I grew up with it and with a computer science degree that I focused heavily in social media and analytics, I’ve come to notice patterns over the years by trying to disseminate info from recruits social media accounts and posts. Two things I will say that I have noticed about Mintz that typically in the past has led to commitments. The first being that Mintz follows every Syracuse recruit on instagram. He follows a few recruits from the other schools but no where near the love he appears to have for our players and recruiting class. The other thing that is interesting is him wanting to play with Zion Cruz. They were together briefly at Oak Hill and it seems like there was something odd that happened that drove both Dior and Zion out of there. This is just a theory but there could’ve always been some bad blood between all of them since Mintz was going to get a lot of minutes. The other trends I’ve noticed as well with our recruiting class is that they are actively recruiting him hard on his posts and reposting his clips on their stories. I noticed Quadir had reposted his clip with an orange heart the other day, so even Quadir who people think feels threatened by Mintz coming and taking time from him is actively recruiting him and seems perfectly fine with staying if he commits. The only school that might have another reason for him going there is NC State, and that’s because his girlfriend goes to NC A&T but we all know how that goes. Last but certainly not least, I’ve seen recruits slip little hints here and there as to where they are going on social media. His twitter likes aren’t revealing but the tik tok (trust me I hate it just as much as you old folks) that was posted here interestingly had a picture of him in his syracuse jersey while on the visit amongst a collage of pictures of him playing basletball “all grown up” with the caption “how bad did it hurt”. Take what you will from that but to me its him saying “look at me back in the day and look at me now and where I’ve made it”. Also interesting no other school visit photos were posted in that video or any others. Again just observations of mine and I hate to try and inspire false hope if things are trending poorly but hey I wouldn’t be mad if it was right.
Right or wrong, that was interesting work and a great first post...except for maybe the "old folks" comment.

If we badly want a pg (JB apparently does), there will be plenty of options in the portal. Yes Mintz would be good here but we have enough freshmen. I want transfers
Then I suggest he get one or it's going to be a long season again.

It didn’t look good three weeks ago when two crystal balls to DePaul let’s close this thread and move
Forward

If we badly want a pg (JB apparently does), there will be plenty of options in the portal. Yes Mintz would be good here but we have enough freshmen. I want transfers
I’m all for it. I’m just not sold on this staff’s ability to identify the right guys in the portal and to understand the needs of the team.

I’m all for it. I’m just not sold on this staff’s ability to identify the right guys in the portal and to understand the needs of the team.
I think we gotta give JB a little credit here. Look at our most recent transfers from other programs:

Chukwu
Gillon
Gbinije
Allen Griffin
Eli
Wes Johnson
Swider
Sy
Geno Thorpe
Andrew White
(I don’t really count Jimmy).

My point is, other than Thorpe there hasn’t been many misses from JB as far as guys coming from other programs. You could argue Chukwu wasn’t great but he was a big part of our team for 2 years.

That’s a much higher hit rate than our recruiting. Wes, Eli and Silent G were studs. Cole could get there

Why do we think GMac matters to these kids? He's a local hero and from a time when these kids were 4 years old.
kind of making my point...
GMAC is a good guy. But I feel like he's kind of crammed down our throats as our best recruiter
and a guard guru. And I don't know that this is true.
You look at the other things I've cited in my original post and you'd think recruiting shouldn't be a problem.
But it sure seems that way.
I think in the last 6 years, our best class has been ranked 18th and we're winning about 56% of our games.
CUSE basketball is in need of help...

kind of making my point...
GMAC is a good guy. But I feel like he's kind of crammed down our throats as our best recruiter
and a guard guru. And I don't know that this is true.
You look at the other things I've cited in my original post and you'd think recruiting shouldn't be a problem.
But it sure seems that way.
I think in the last 6 years, our best class has been ranked 18th and we're winning about 56% of our games.
CUSE basketball is in need of help...
Gerry's entire time on the bench and as a lead recruiter has been during the time that the program trajectory has been pointed downward and our talent level has ran parallel to that. How much is his fault? No clue. Has he had 1 hand tied behind his back having JB in charge? Maybe, perhaps probably.

End of the day, the entire staff hasn't done a good enough job in any aspect as far as I can tell.

Gerry's entire time on the bench and as a lead recruiter has been during the time that the program trajectory has been pointed downward and our talent level has ran parallel to that. How much is his fault? No clue. Has he had 1 hand tied behind his back having JB in charge? Maybe, perhaps probably.

End of the day, the entire staff hasn't done a good enough job in any aspect as far as I can tell.

Sad, but an accurate statement.

The current ACs have done nothing to warrant the belief that they are plus-recruiters, nor have they demonstrated that they excel teaching the game. They are what they are -- solid assistant coaches, nothing spectacular. Nothing wrong with that, they can certainly make great livings being involved in the game they love. But the red flags abound in terms of their acumen as head coaching candidates.

Or, and bear with me on this one, you can put the thread on ignore or choose not to read it. Crazy right?!

I'm sorry your so offended with the reality of the situation. Doesn't mean I can't be annoyed that we can't lock down a quality point guard and are losing recruits to the likes of Depaul. I've chosen to read enough of whom I would consider people that are in the know here to see my hope is to see the staff move on quickly and not lose out on other players that might consider coming here.

Long time lurker, first time poster because I have to put my observations out there. I started following this forum and recruiting in 2015 when I was in high school. I primarily get my info off of social media because I grew up with it and with a computer science degree that I focused heavily in social media and analytics, I’ve come to notice patterns over the years by trying to disseminate info from recruits social media accounts and posts. Two things I will say that I have noticed about Mintz that typically in the past has led to commitments. The first being that Mintz follows every Syracuse recruit on instagram. He follows a few recruits from the other schools but no where near the love he appears to have for our players and recruiting class. The other thing that is interesting is him wanting to play with Zion Cruz. They were together briefly at Oak Hill and it seems like there was something odd that happened that drove both Dior and Zion out of there. This is just a theory but there could’ve always been some bad blood between all of them since Mintz was going to get a lot of minutes. The other trends I’ve noticed as well with our recruiting class is that they are actively recruiting him hard on his posts and reposting his clips on their stories. I noticed Quadir had reposted his clip with an orange heart the other day, so even Quadir who people think feels threatened by Mintz coming and taking time from him is actively recruiting him and seems perfectly fine with staying if he commits. The only school that might have another reason for him going there is NC State, and that’s because his girlfriend goes to NC A&T but we all know how that goes. Last but certainly not least, I’ve seen recruits slip little hints here and there as to where they are going on social media. His twitter likes aren’t revealing but the tik tok (trust me I hate it just as much as you old folks) that was posted here interestingly had a picture of him in his syracuse jersey while on the visit amongst a collage of pictures of him playing basletball “all grown up” with the caption “how bad did it hurt”. Take what you will from that but to me its him saying “look at me back in the day and look at me now and where I’ve made it”. Also interesting no other school visit photos were posted in that video or any others. Again just observations of mine and I hate to try and inspire false hope if things are trending poorly but hey I wouldn’t be mad if it was right.
I hate when someone posts a solid, insightful post on their first try. It raises my expectations for people on this site and I am inevitably disappointed. Good post.

Is Mintz related to the kid playing at UK?

I'm sorry your so offended with the reality of the situation. Doesn't mean I can't be annoyed that we can't lock down a quality point guard and are losing recruits to the likes of Depaul. I've chosen to read enough of whom I would consider people that are in the know here to see my hope is to see the staff move on quickly and not lose out on other players that might consider coming here.
Where did I say that I was offended? I'm fine if we get him and fine if we don't. It doesn't impact my life one bit. I think the moderators have a pretty good idea of when to close a thread down and when to keep it open. I have yet to see a thread closed on a recruit who has yet to commit to a school, regardless of what the tea leaves might say. I'm sure the mods appreciate your help though. If you want to "move forward" why visit or post on a thread that you deem worthy of closure? You're being annoyed at the staff is irrelevant to whether the thread is viable or not.

Where did I say that I was offended? I'm fine if we get him and fine if we don't. It doesn't impact my life one bit. I think the moderators have a pretty good idea of when to close a thread down and when to keep it open. I have yet to see a thread closed on a recruit who has yet to commit to a school, regardless of what the tea leaves might say. I'm sure the mods appreciate your help though. If you want to "move forward" why visit or post on a thread that you deem worthy of closure? You're being annoyed at the staff is irrelevant to whether the thread is viable or not.
Listen, Orangefan1 is *the* preeminent source when it comes to thread closing, if you’re questioning him, you’re essentially questioning what it is to be forum poster… be better…

Status
Not open for further replies.