Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 3 freshmen start we will have a losing season. Outside of Bunch these are not high level recruits ready to have an immediate impact.

And I'm not sold on Bunch, TBH. Maliq Brown can rebound. I guess Mintz or Copeland for PG, Joe to the 2. That sounds like Swider and Benny are expected to leave by JB. That's a shame. Or else he expects Jesse to leave and Swider to stay. He already invited Benny to transfer in one of his terrific post game interviews a month or so ago.

I believe JB has said 3 freshman will start
1) Weird, that he’s already decided that.
2) He also said he thinks the incoming class is one of his best ever or somesuch. I think he’ll discover he is wrong, and then what happens with the three freshman starters?
3) If he is so sure three frosh will be able to start, does that mean he’s not so interested in the portal? That would make me sad(der).

I believe JB actually said that 2 or 3 freshmen will start next year, but it seems foolish to bank on that in February. Regardless, if Mintz signs, I think he would be the most likely candidate of the freshmen to start

Your points are well taken. But I would rather try for a freshman like mintz who may have a chance to be a star versus an established veteran transfer with a somewhat visible ceiling.
Exactly. If we were a piece or 2 from a Final 4 run, you go into the portal and get an upperclassmen who you know has a good chance to fit your roster. For us? We need to take a chance a kid like this in the hopes he can be a difference maker from day 1.

I mean QG and OB were good immediately for us.
They were good contributors for sure, they weren’t on the level of the elite teams freshman by any means either though. But yes you’re correct they were good freshman for us and ready to play

Would love to see this kid at the 2 with Joe at the 1. Yes, if he comes i can see Joe and him basically playing a guard position. Joe officially be the point, but this kid would have the ball in his hands a ton. We need him and he would be a day one starter

Would love to see this kid at the 2 with Joe at the 1. Yes, if he comes i can see Joe and him basically playing a guard position. Joe officially be the point, but this kid would have the ball in his hands a ton. We need him and he would be a day one starter

Yeah run a 2PG offense that let's Judah on the ball a lot but switches things up depending on match-up. Gotta have one good shooter though paired with the two of them though because if not the offense will get locked up at times.

Mintz seems like starting quality but also more 25 mpg starter than 30 plus.

Wouldn't it be something wild if Judah feels at home and commits after the Duke game? It would kind of bring this whole weird recruiting cycle to a full circle, seeing as how Dior Johnson committed roughly two years ago soon after we played Duke/ his visit right before Covid shut everything down. 7 commitments (and two de-commitments later) I would say it'd be a good haul.

To me this school is the problem
Is Keatts even guaranteed to have a job next year?

I don’t think we are getting him. He’s not going to want to sit behind Girard and Symir next year and that’s what would likely happen if JB is coach.

Is Keatts even guaranteed to have a job next year?

I don’t think we are getting him. He’s not going to want to sit behind Girard and Symir next year and that’s what would likely happen if JB is coach.
I agree Joe plays 39 mpg lol but you don’t think JB plays Mintz over Sy?

If we get Mintz I’ll feel alot better about next years team. I think Mintz and Symir would be great together at the PG spot with Mintz getting the start. Symir knows his role and he does it well. Even as a back up PG to Mintz next year, Symir will probably get at least 10mpg if he progresses.

Move Joe to the 2 with Taylor backing him up. Joe’s natural position.

The 3 will likely be Bunch with a transfer. One will be the starter the other will be the back up

If Benny stays have him at the 4 with Brown as his back up. I think Brown will surprise some people. He’s not GREAT at anything but does everything well. He’ll be consistent. He has potential to be a GREAT rebounder though

Obviously Edwards at the 5 with Frank at the back up

If this is how the roster shapes up redshirt Carey
Possibly redshirt Copeland otherwise he is getting spot minutes

But that’s a nice roster and a top 25 team

If we get Mintz I’ll feel alot better about next years team. I think Mintz and Symir would be great together at the PG spot with Mintz getting the start. Symir knows his role and he does it well. Even as a back up PG to Mintz next year, Symir will probably get at least 10mpg if he progresses.

The 3 will likely be Bunch with a transfer. One will be the starter the other will be the back up

If Benny stays have him at the 4 with Brown as his back up. I think Brown will surprise some people. He’s not GREAT at anything but does everything well. He’ll be consistent. He has potential to be a GREAT rebounder though

How u feeling abt Mintz?

So, you are also of the group that sees Swider moving on and Edwards and Frank back.
I hope we keep Benny and all 3 of the other guys, to be honest.
This team isn't so talented that we can be just throwing away so many of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom