Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mintz’s name shows the family’s faith. The name Judah means “praise’' and his middle name, Jah, translates to God.

Judah said he spent most of his Sundays listening to his grandparents deliver sermons in church.
Thank you.

got to see JJ workout at the Bville YMCA a few months back, still stings he didn’t want to stay home. He’s gonna be a great player at ND.
It’s really unfortunate. I know JJ’s parents preferred that he go to Syracuse. But I’m thrilled that we got Mintz. He’s gonna be really good for us.

100% could end up that way. Just personally would’ve preferred JJ.

I don't think JJ is the better player or fit. Mintz is more unselfish. Rather have both for sure but I think in our case we got the better end of the outcome. Fully expect JJ to be a beast at ND as well.

This is going to be an extreme hot take:
Judah reminds me alot of Jalen Carey coming out of high school. They are both explosive, both very similar builds. What will make Judah better than Carey though is his IQ, craftiness and jump shot.

Carey and Judah play similarly but Judah is a far superior crafty player and heady player. He is smarter with the ball and limits his turnovers something Carey had a lot of trouble with. Also Judah has a lot better jump shot and perimeter game than Carey. Now don’t freak out cause I just compared Judah to Carey cause Carey was pretty damn good coming out of high school but to me those three things held Carey back and those are theee things Judah excels at. But I think that’s a pretty fair comparison tbh. I think there is a muchhhhhh higher boom than bust potential for Judah

Judah reminds me alot of Jalen Carey coming out of high school. They are both explosive, both very similar builds. What will make Judah better than Carey though is his IQ, craftiness and jump shot.

Carey and Judah play similarly but Judah is a far superior crafty player and heady player. He is smarter with the ball and limits his turnovers something Carey had a lot of trouble with. Also Judah has a lot better jump shot and perimeter game than Carey. Now don’t freak out cause I just compared Judah to Carey cause Carey was pretty damn good coming out of high school but to me those three things held Carey back and those are theee things Judah excels at. But I think that’s a pretty fair comparison tbh. I think there is a muchhhhhh higher boom than bust potential for Judah
I think that Judah playing at Oak Hill is huge. He played with other GREAT players an he more than held his own. I don't think there will be as much as a learning curve. Judah actually got better playing with better players. I agree, are they comparable. But, at the same time, they are completely different mentally or at least I think they are.

Mintz looks way bigger in these more recent videos. My concern about him being too skinny for the next level is mitigated by his continuing growth.

It seems his natural dose of performance enhancing drugs is kicking in.

Carey could not shoot and was also slow footed laterally, not very explosive. Mintz is a different cat.

From your mouth...
The size and build are so similar. Similar craftiness scoring. They play the same game.

Now obviously Ellis was a 20 ppg game guy in the NBA, and there's no way to know if Mintz will ever be a scorer at that level, but when you look at the variety of ways he gets the ball in the basket from all different places on the floor... it's just like Monta Ellis.

Carey could not shoot and was also slow footed laterally, not very explosive. Mintz is a different cat.
Completely different players, other than height and position. Carey was more like Onuaku than Mintz.

The size and build are so similar. Similar craftiness scoring. They play the same game.

Now obviously Ellis was a 20 ppg game guy in the NBA, and there's no way to know if Mintz will ever be a scorer at that level, but when you look at the variety of ways he gets the ball in the basket from all different places on the floor... it's just like Monta Ellis.

For a little reference here is a short clip of Ellis in HS.

He was good enough that they considered keeping him instead of Steph. If Mintz is a college version of Monta, that's a huge win, for sure.

Happy hour a little early today?
What you talking about Willis? Mintz is an intellectual on the court… composed, seeing things develop before everyone else, then makes the appropriate move… Ennis like. Copeland is dribbling behind his back, between his legs amongst 2 defenders, driving the lane like a truck, flipping behind the back passes to teammates (Boeheim s favorite). His play is flamboyant.

And yes happy hour has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors