Class of 2025 - PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24)

This dude looks like basically all of my Australian wife's male cousins. I love Australia lol they give zero effs.
The best to party with. I backpacked in Europe 1995, met a friend and travelled to different countries with this guy from Boston and an Aussie rules football player.

Phenomenal time spent with these strangers. The Australian was larger than life, so funny, so popular with people we met and only smiles and laughter. He also had a knack for keeping us out of trouble on a few close calls!

Have to dig up my diary one day and relive it.

The best to party with. I backpacked in Europe 1995, met a friend and travelled to different countries with this guy from Boston and an Aussie rules football player.

Phenomenal time spent with these strangers. The Australian was larger than life, so funny, so popular with people we met and only smiles and laughter. He also had a knack for keeping us out of trouble on a few close calls!

I've worked with two separate teams of Australians over the years and they are uniquely able to both roll with whatever life throws at them and subtly influence the people around them into making the most of whatever situation they find themselves in.

I've worked with two separate teams of Australians over the years and they are uniquely able to both roll with whatever life throws at them and subtly influence the people around them into making the most of whatever situation they find themselves in.

This really sums it up perfectly. Also, Aussie rules football is sick. I still occasionally try to watch from the US.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Cutting through all the garbage in this thread, this guy seems similar to - but smaller than - Johnny Furphy.
Australia is back on the map.

I look for you to set my floor on expectations . . . . . . . . . . . the future is looking bright.
Or maybe by our trash results compared to where I think we should be and should've been the past decade just shows I was right?

Time will tell but it seems like the freshman we bring in or even looking at, look better than guys we've gone after in a long time. I think that's fair.

This kid is going to be SOOOO good when he gets here. He is like a 5 star PG. He won't achieve that ranking, but with the experience that he is gaining, he is definitely high 4 star to 5 star.
Looking at ESPN's top 100 recruits list, there are no point guards available that have interest in our program. Acaden Lewis and Jerry Easter, ranked 28 and 31 respectively, went the typical route of showing interest then fading out over time. Kayden Mingo at 44 was never on our radar. Red and his staff have done a great job of finding Fennell overseas instead of settling for less talent from the US who are not ACC level talent.

Fennell and Womack as late additions > than late additions (of JB latter career years) when we missed out on our primary targets.

Last edited:
Or maybe by our trash results compared to where I think we should be and should've been the past decade just shows I was right?

Time will tell but it seems like the freshman we bring in or even looking at, look better than guys we've gone after in a long time. I think that's fair.

I agree we are trending in a positive direction but results on the court are what need to change.

Looking at ESPN's top 100 recruits list, there are no point guards available that have interest in our program. Acaden Lewis and Jerry Easter, ranked 28 and 31 respectively, went the typical route of showing interest then fading out over time. Kayden Mingo at 44 was never on our radar. Red and his staff have done a great job of finding Fennell overseas instead of settling for less talent from the US who are not ACC level talent.

Fennell and Womack as late additions > than late additions (of JB latter career years) when we missed out on our primary targets.
I'm cautiously optimistic that Womack and Fennell (Fennell especially) are guys we would always have been interested in, they just weren't immediately on our radar.

The ideal scenario is Kiyan and Costanza commit, Petar shows some skill this season and gives us a solid starting 5 the following year, and between players that stick around and the incoming freshmen the portal bolsters the talent we have but we can be selective about who we add to the roster.

For example, suppose the line up goes

PG - Fennell/experienced portal point
SG - Moore/Anthony/Cuffe
SF - Dare we dream Bell stays?/Westry/Costanza/Womack
PF - White/experienced portal forward
C - Big Petar/Portal center

That's a young team but there's a lot of talent there. Get the right mix of portal vets and we're cooking.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Womack and Fennell (Fennell especially) are guys we would always have been interested in, they just weren't immediately on our radar.

The ideal scenario is Kiyan and Costanza commit, Petar shows some skill this season and gives us a solid starting 5 the following year, and between players that stick around and the incoming freshmen the portal bolsters the talent we have but we can be selective about who we add to the roster.

For example, suppose the line up goes

PG - Fennell/experienced portal point
SG - Moore/Anthony/Cuffe
SF - Dare we dream Bell stays?/Westry/Costanza/Womack
PF - White/experienced portal forward
C - Big Petar/Portal center

That's a young team but there's a lot of talent there. Get the right mix of portal vets and we're cooking.
Highlander gone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom