Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what game this is from but obviously there's a lot of free play going on...but man Q is a unique passer. If u watch his IG stories right now (will disappear soon) there's a clip of a ridiculous pass he makes going behind his back then up over his head to the player ahead of him.

Not sure what game this is from but obviously there's a lot of free play going on...but man Q is a unique passer. If u watch his IG stories right now (will disappear soon) there's a clip of a ridiculous pass he makes going behind his back then up over his head to the player ahead of him.

If he can improve his effort on defense and produce a consistent mid range jumper he could be REALLY good.

The knock on Q has been inconsistency in playing hard.

If he comes to campus determined and focusing on his D, with his length at the top of the Zone he just might end up being a bigger factor next season than most on this forum are anticipating.

All of these same things were said about another (former) Cuse PG prospect.

The skills are there.
It’s all about the motor.

All of these same things were said about another (former) Cuse PG prospect.

The skills are there.
It’s all about the motor.
I'll preface this with I really like Q's potential. But, to my eye anyway, all the skills are not there...at least not yet.

His game has the type of flaws that will be exposed by ACC defenders and a little scouting.

As for his effort on defense...maybe we should start calling him Spot because he will spend a lot of time in JB's doghouse without a major jump here.

I'll preface this with I really like Q's potential. But, to my eye anyway, all the skills are not there...at least not yet.

His game has the type of flaws that will be exposed by ACC defenders and a little scouting.

As for his effort on defense...maybe we should start calling him Spot because he will spend a lot of time in JB's doghouse without a major jump here.
Yikes, pre-judging a kid before he even arrives on campus or sets foot on the court !!!!

Jimmy will let him know what needs to be done.....it will be up to Q to respond or not.

If he comes to campus determined and focusing on his D, with his length at the top of the Zone he just might end up being a bigger factor next season than most on this forum are anticipating.
You could say that a about half the players JB brings in. He doesn’t recruit kids that are aggressive, hard-nosed or high intense players. He likes laid back offensive players.

You could say that a about half the players JB brings in. He doesn’t recruit kids that are aggressive, hard-nosed or high intense players. He likes laid back offensive players.
I've noticed that too and think that is a problem

We dont know about the frosh one way or the other.

But of the returnees you cannot describe Jesse, Benny, Joe, or Sy as laid back.

Just because some of our guys may not have elite athleticism it certainly does not mean that they are laid back.

It’s a message board filled with people expressing opinions. Maybe it seems like “judging” because it differs from your opinion?
Actually, I do not really have an opinion one way or the other in respect to your post. I just do not think any player should be pre judged before they have even set foot on campus and participated in a practice...never mind in a game.

I generally respect and agree with most of your opinions, just can’t get on board with this one.:)

Reactions: 007
Having a lead guard that can do this you take and work with all day, every day...
Needs to cut down on some of the extra stuff but keep the swag!

Is he playing against the HS version of the Washington Generals?

Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Q, but those dudes he’s going against aren’t even trying.

I think his issues as a player are much more than just effort but the effort level he showed in high school will kill his chances here so the other issues don’t really matter if that isn’t fixed.

I think his issues as a player are much more than just effort but the effort level he showed in high school will kill his chances here so the other issues don’t really matter if that isn’t fixed.
We could not even inbound the ball we needed to in crunch time. Again don’t sleep on this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom