Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

It really isn’t cool to trash Coach Boeheim! No Boeheim, no Cuse legacy. Fact. The new 3 point game is undermining his zone he is stubbornly sticking th 24/7.
HEY!!! Who are you calling stubborn?

Ya, that record breaking fan support JB has had for 46 years has really hindered him in building the program.

I have no idea what this means or how it relates to the post you quoted.

So, are people really concerned that no offer has been announced. Somehow, I think Trey knows whether we are interested. If he goes elsewhere, it won't be because we failed to "offer."

So, are people really concerned that no offer has been announced. Somehow, I think Trey knows whether we are interested. If he goes elsewhere, it won't be because we failed to "offer."
I think his interest may coincide with his father's status

100% spot on.

JB was talking about an "ironclad" timeframe for his departure, not what comes next.

Exactly. So many people don’t get that. Hell, even in that interview he said he wouldn’t have a say in who the next coach was unless he was asked for his opinion. He doesn’t say any of that if the next coach was “ironclad”. Ironclad was solely his departure.

I think his interest may coincide with his father's status
That would make sense. I was addressing the concern that some people seem to have with whether we will be extending an offer. I am sure the only recruit we have ever had with a clearer understanding of our level of interest was Buddy.

The reality is that both Red and Trey saw up close and personal the hell our fan base put the Boeheim’s through. Why would anyone sign themselves up for that?
Oh please, Buddy was and is beloved here. Such a likable kid. And Jimmy too. JB’s poor roster management and allowing the program to atrophy for an extended period is another matter.

Oh please, Buddy was and is beloved here. Such a likable kid. And Jimmy too. JB’s poor roster management and allowing the program to atrophy for an extended period is another matter.
Until he rose up, Buddy was vilified as an imposter who was only on a D-1 team because his dad was the coach. Until the NCAA run, he was seen as a product of nepotism by most in Syracuse. Just go back on this board and you will find posts proclaiming just that.

Until he rose up, Buddy was vilified as an imposter who was only on a D-1 team because his dad was the coach. Until the NCAA run, he was seen as a product of nepotism by most in Syracuse. Just go back on this board and you will find posts proclaiming just that.
I don’t think anyone “vilified” Buddy but there were questions about his ability and, yes, nepotism. He was known as a shooter and I believe most wondered if that would get him minutes over a more worthy player. Turns out he earned every minute.

I don’t think anyone “vilified” Buddy but there were questions about his ability and, yes, nepotism. He was known as a shooter and I believe most wondered if that would get him minutes over a more worthy player. Turns out he earned every minute.

I 144% beg to differ on that last line.

I’d strongly debate him earning “every” minute.

There were nights he couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat, and it’s not like he was ever in there for his D, yet he still got 35+ pretty much every game ever.

And literally every second he played the 3, should have gone to an actual SF, of which we had several, who were starving for minutes.

Buddy averaged about 38 mpg his final year.

Carmelo averaged 36.

That breaks my brain.
Until I remember who Buddy’s dad is.
Then it just makes me sad.

So - NO, I do not remotely believe Buddy earned every minute.

I 144% beg to differ on that last line.

I’d strongly debate him earning “every” minute.

There were nights he couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat, and it’s not like he was ever in there for his D, yet he still got 35+ pretty much every game ever.

And literally every second he played the 3, should have gone to an actual SF, of which we had several, who were starving for minutes.

Buddy averaged about 38 mpg his final year.

Carmelo averaged 36.

That breaks my brain.
Until I remember who Buddy’s dad is.
Then it just makes me sad.

So - NO, I do not remotely believe Buddy earned every minute.
I don't "like" very many anti Buddy posts (probably none), but this take was spot on...
Buddy could have stood to play a couple fewer minutes every half, and a few extra minutes on the bench in games where he wasn't shooting so well.