Class of 2025 - PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered

Top-30 junior Tyler Jackson previews his Syracuse official visit

On Syracuse:

"I like the history of the program," Jackson said on Syracuse. "It is a second home to Baltimore hoopers. The coaches love to let their guards play. When Adrian Autry was an assistant, I saw him at the UAA Finals a while ago and he told me that he would remember me. Since then, he offered me and him and Brenden Straughn have been on me heavy. They send me texts everyday."

Long way to go with this recruitment but it sounds like weve got a decent shot here.

Any info on whether Tyler made it here for his visit and if so how it went?

He’s a very talented kid. Red and his staff are involved with 4-5 really talented guards. Unfortunately, we can’t take them all.
Why? :) Any idea of the staff’s priority? Does Anthony (fingers crossed due to legacy) bring certain guys with him?

Why? :) Any idea of the staff’s priority? Does Anthony (fingers crossed due to legacy) bring certain guys with him?
Here is my sense of priority recruits in 2025 right now: Tyler Jackson, Kiyan Anthony, Nigel James, Sadiq White, London Jemison, Matt Gilhool and Derek Dixon. Jerry Easter II said recently he wants to visit, but it's not clear to me how hard SU coaches are pursuing him. Jackson and Anthony played one AAU session last year for Team Melo. Anthony and James play together at LuHi.

Here is my sense of priority recruits in 2025 right now: Tyler Jackson, Kiyan Anthony, Nigel James, Sadiq White, London Jemison, Matt Gilhool and Derek Dixon. Jerry Easter II said recently he wants to visit, but it's not clear to me how hard SU coaches are pursuing him. Jackson and Anthony played one AAU session last year for Team Melo. Anthony and James play together at LuHi.
Those first six would make a great class, but we don’t have room for six recruits.

Thanks. Without knowing much, I pictured Gilhool higher.

Those first six would make a great class, but we don’t have room for six recruits.
I hear you, but not sure Red would want another bloated class. However, talent always wins out.

I’m starting to wonder if our recruiting focus on Anthony is warranted. The potential is there but He is not a starter on his high school team. Granted he is a junior and could have a breakout senior year season,

There are other recruits listed above that may fill specific team needs better than Kiyan. For example: Tyler Jackson, Nigel James, and Jerry Easter are more ball oriented guards that can score and also play point. Kiyan appears to be more of an athletic shooting guard.

Time will tell.

I’m starting to wonder if our recruiting focus on Anthony is warranted. The potential is there but He is not a starter on his high school team. Granted he is a junior and could have a breakout senior year season,

There are other recruits listed above that may fill specific team needs better than Kiyan. For example: Tyler Jackson, Nigel James, and Jerry Easter are more ball oriented guards that can score and also play point. Kiyan appears to be more of an athletic shooting guard.

Time will tell.
I get what you're saying, and some fair points here. However, I wouldn't necessarily say Kiyan isn't a legit prospect because he doesn't start for LuHi, which is a top-5 national team and has a loaded backcourt. To be fair, Nigel James does start for LuHi, but he's a point guard. Kiyan is playing behind 2024 top-5 player VJ Edgecombe at shooting guard. Kiyan also had 17 points last night. I do agree that Tyler, Nigel and Jerry are more point guards, while Kiyan is a SG. But to me, he's legit. No. 30 via On3. Top 50 in many other spots. Much higher ranked than Nigel, although Nigel to me is under-ranked.

I get what you're saying, and some fair points here. However, I wouldn't necessarily say Kiyan isn't a legit prospect because he doesn't start for LuHi, which is a top-5 national team and has a loaded backcourt. To be fair, Nigel James does start for LuHi, but he's a point guard. Kiyan is playing behind 2024 top-5 player VJ Edgecombe at shooting guard. Kiyan also had 17 points last night. I do agree that Tyler, Nigel and Jerry are more point guards, while Kiyan is a SG. But to me, he's legit. No. 30 via On3. Top 50 in many other spots. Much higher ranked than Nigel, although Nigel to me is under-ranked.
Appreciate what you wrote. My hope is that Red brings in true PG's now every year. We tried to convert tall guys into PG for so long. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. I wonder how much better our offense could have been had we of gotten over the "too short for the zone," fear years ago.

Jalen Brunson being the guy that haunts my dreams... :)

Appreciate what you wrote. My hope is that Red brings in true PG's now every year. We tried to convert tall guys into PG for so long. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. I wonder how much better our offense could have been had we of gotten over the "too short for the zone," fear years ago.

Kyle Lowry.

I mean Jalen Brunson made the right move to go to Nova lol. He won more championships at Nova than Cuse has in total.

Random note - one of my friends from Cuse, her brother was like best friends with Jalen Brunson in HS.

Random note - one of my friends from Cuse, her brother was like best friends with Jalen Brunson in HS.
So, not best friends, just like a best friend. What does that mean?

This kids a stud. Watched him play yesterday with Kiyan and he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the court and had 36 points. The previous game earlier in the day he dropped 39. If we’ve got a real shot we gotta put the full court press on him.

His face reminds me of Rafael Addison. That means he is destined to sign with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom