Class of 2025 - PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered

Correct, I don't believe that we should settle for taking someone who might be a subpar prospect, just because we can "land" him swiftly.

And those three players aren't the only point guards out there. Even if we did strike out, the portal opens up an entirely new set of prospects to choose from. I get that this is a riskier gamble, but who would have projected Jaquan Carlos to be our likely starting lead guard next year? Portal is all about opportunity meeting need.
No one could disagree with that. But as I said, the coaches view all three equally. Since that is the case, they aren't taking a subpar recruit. They are taking their first (sort of) choice. Since all three are their first choice.

I was going to write the same exact thing. But decided not to because orange079 is also a favorite of mine.
Max Greenfield Hug GIF by CBS

He was playing with Team Thrill this spring until early May. So yes, he has been playing with his new teammates a couple of weeks.
Correct. Tyler did play one session with Melo last spring and averaged, I believe, 30 PPG. But primarily been playing with Thrill (won the 16U chip last summer in UAA).

Frankly, those assist numbers scare me for a kid who's supposed to be a point guard.

We had a scoring first point for the last couple years, it gets hard to watch. And this kid is small, even for a point guard.

Frankly, those assist numbers scare me for a kid who's supposed to be a point guard.

We had a scoring first point for the last couple years, it gets hard to watch. And this kid is small, even for a point guard.
You have to watch the games to understand how a player projects at the AAU level. The stat keeping in the EYBL is absolutely awful this spring.

Past is not the future. And we will take the first one. But isn't that better than not getting any of them? That is one thing we are worried about. We like all three a lot.
“We” as in coaches or fans? I would hope the coaches have confidence in their ability to close.

Re: taking the first PG that we like that we can get vs. Waiting for the #1 target: we’ve been on both sides of this before. We’ve ended up losing the game of musical chairs because we waited for the top priority and didn’t get them and we’ve ended up taking one earlier and regretted that too. I haven’t watched these guys in action yet so I can’t speak to my personal preference but it does seem like for now, Jackson is by far the highest rated of the 3. Sounds like there’s speculation that will not remain the case. Guess we shall see.

If I have some free time I’ll try to watch some of their games and give my thoughts but I am definitely in one of my upswings with work right now and my weekends are all booked lol

Re: taking the first PG that we like that we can get vs. Waiting for the #1 target: we’ve been on both sides of this before. We’ve ended up losing the game of musical chairs because we waited for the top priority and didn’t get them and we’ve ended up taking one earlier and regretted that too. I haven’t watched these guys in action yet so I can’t speak to my personal preference but it does seem like for now, Jackson is by far the highest rated of the 3. Sounds like there’s speculation that will not remain the case. Guess we shall see.

If I have some free time I’ll try to watch some of their games and give my thoughts but I am definitely in one of my upswings with work right now and my weekends are all booked lol
They’re 3 very different type of players too so it makes even more complex and interesting.

I, for one, will be looking forward to wheneverr that write-up happens, I always enjoy and appreciate the insight in your breakdowns.

You have to watch the games to understand how a player projects at the AAU level. The stat keeping in the EYBL is absolutely awful this spring.
His size scares me off.

I watched Team Melo play this morning, Tyler Jackson was the best player on the court. 24 points on 60% shooting, consistently made the right play and used his speed/shifty very effectively. Needs to improve his strength on a few turnovers but overall I liked what I saw

I know thing are fluid but Jackson is rated significantly higher other than Easter whom I havent heard much about lately