Class of 2025 - PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered

Sure looks like the change to Team Melo was what Tyler needed to find his mojo again.

Maybe this is a sign that he and Kiyan should play together?

They are both killing it since they joined forces.
Those 2 would be a great start to the 2025 class. A SF and center would be a great class.

Nike EYBL Session IV: 2nd Team
Screenshot_20240530-063816_Chrome.jpg

Jackson works for me - assist average could be higher but this dude breaks the defense down
Having a guy that nobody can guard one on one makes the game much easier. Jackson isn't a complete point guard yet, but he gets everybody that tries to guard him on roller skates.

He is quite slippery when dribbling the ball. It's fun to watch.

It was just for this 4th session (not overall). But Tyler had a really good weekend and has been getting in his groove with Team Melo.
True. But it was. His first session with Team Melo.

I am no EYBL expert but it seems to me if you get yourself on a dysfunctional team, you are unlikely to play well. Maybe Jackson and Anthony were just meant to play together?

I thought Tyler joined Team Melo at EYBL Session 3, but he actually joined them at EYBL Session 2 (and as you can see by my breakdown below.. he struggled in his first weekend with TM).

Here are the games he played in and his overall numbers for those games. (I break his numbers down deeper below.)
Screenshot_20240531-074106_Chrome.jpg

Here are Tyler's Session 2 average numbers...
3.3 points (36% FG on 4/11, 0% 3pt on 0/2, 40% FT on 2/5), 1 assist, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 1 turnover, 21.3 minutes. Team Melo went 1-2.

Here are Tyler's Session 3 average numbers...
10.3 points (30% FG on 12/40, 25% 3pt on 3/12, 82% FT on 14/17), 4 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 0.3 blocks, 1.8 turnovers, 24.3 minutes. Team Melo went 1-3.

Here are Tyler's Session 4 average numbers...
18.8 points (54% FG on 36/67, 42% 3pt on 8/19, 70% FT on 14/20), 2.2 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 2.8 turnovers, 25.2 minutes. Team Melo went 3-2.

Tyler's numbers got better each weekend and Team Melo started playing better too. Him and Kiyan are a nice duo who will look great in Orange together. LGO!

I thought Tyler joined Team Melo at EYBL Session 3, but he actually joined them at EYBL Session 2 (and as you can see by my breakdown below.. he struggled in his first weekend with TM).

Here are the games he played in and his overall numbers for those games. (I break his numbers down deeper below.)
View attachment 241597

3.3 points (36% FG on 4/11, 0% 3pt on 0/2, 40% FT on 2/5), 1 assist, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 1 turnover, 21.3 minutes. Team Melo went 1-2.

10.3 points (30% FG on 12/40, 25% 3pt on 3/12, 82% FT on 14/17), 4 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 0.3 blocks, 1.8 turnovers, 24.3 minutes. Team Melo went 1-3.

18.8 points (54% FG on 36/67, 42% 3pt on 8/19, 70% FT on 14/20), 2.2 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 2.8 turnovers, 25.2 minutes. Team Melo went 3-2.

Tyler's numbers got better each weekend and Team Melo started playing better too. Him and Kiyan are a nice duo who will look great in Orange together. LGO!

Great info, as always. I like Tyler as a pg and would be happy for us to get him. That said, do you know if there was a difference in competition between session one and the other sessions? I'm just trying to correlate the gap in play between session 1 and 4. It appears he continued to play better session after session but its odd to see such a large divide in stats between the first and the last. Thanks again!

Great info, as always. I like Tyler as a pg and would be happy for us to get him. That said, do you know if there was a difference in competition between session one and the other sessions? I'm just trying to correlate the gap in play between session 1 and 4. It appears he continued to play better session after session but its odd to see such a large divide in stats between the first and the last. Thanks again!
Really bizarre difference.

Tyler didn't play with Team Melo for EYBL Session 1. He was still playing for Team Thrill in the UA Circuit.

Here are the EYBL records of the teams in his group...
Screenshot_20240531-093204_Chrome.jpg

In Session 2 (1st time with TM), he played 27 minutes vs Team Griffin (loss), 19 minutes vs WhyNot (loss), and 18 minutes vs NJ Scholars (win).

In Session 3, he played 27 minutes vs PSA Cardinals (loss), 25 minutes vs Pro Skills Elite (win), 24 minutes vs Team Final (loss), 21 minutes vs SFG (loss).

In Session 4, he played 26 minutes vs JL3 (win), 18 minutes vs Indy Heat (loss), 24 minutes vs Houston Hoops (loss), 26 minutes vs Georgia Stars (win), 32 minutes vs Florida Rebels (win).

Last edited:

View attachment 241597

Good info. Seems like Kiyan is playing better the more he plays with Tyler as well.

I know that they have been friends for a while. Does anyone know if these sessions were the first time they played together?

Last edited:
Good info. Seems like Kiyan is playing better the most he plays with Tyler as well.

I know that they have been friends for a while. Does anyone know if these sessions were the first time they played together?
No, Tyler split time with Team Thrill and Team Melo last spring/summer as well... so he did play with Kiyan then too.

Edit: Go back to around post 18 or 19 in this thread to see when he started playing with TM last season. Tyler scored something like 35+ each in his first two games with Kiyan and TM. They had some big games together last season making a dynamic duo. Tyler was the Offensive Player of the Session in his debut weekend with Team Melo.

Last edited:

View attachment 241597

Thanks jordville for this information. Like many people who are looking at this data, I, too, find his dramatic improvement strange.

Even some of his highlights from the early weekends seemed really loose on the handle and somewhat directionless with the dribble. It seems that he started going much more directly to the basket and drawing fouls or scoring in the later sessions.

You posted all the great stats and info, but I didn't see if you had any conclusions you've drawn from his play. Any thoughts?

View attachment 241597

Just a reminder to take the assist numbers with a grain of salt. I watch him play flordia rebels and saw at least 5 or 6 assists. They only credited him with one, you need to actually watch the games to get a feel

No, Tyler split time with Team Thrill and Team Melo last spring/summer as well... so he did play with Kiyan then too.

Edit: Go back to around post 18 or 19 in this thread to see when he started playing with TM last season. Tyler scored something like 35+ each in his first two games with Kiyan and TM. They had some big games together last season making a dynamic duo. Tyler was the Offensive Player of the Session in his debut weekend with Team Melo.
Wish we had film of the games in session two and three this year.

Would love to know what happened?

And why he left Team Melo after doing so well with that team?

Thanks jordville for this information. Like many people who are looking at this data, I, too, find his dramatic improvement strange.

Even some of his highlights from the early weekends seemed really loose on the handle and somewhat directionless with the dribble. It seems that he started going much more directly to the basket and drawing fouls or scoring in the later sessions.

You posted all the great stats and info, but I didn't see if you had any conclusions you've drawn from his play. Any thoughts?
Tyler can play loose at times (his nickname is Hype), but he is a dynamic player who is fun to watch when he really gets going. I'm sure Owner/Mentor/Uncle Melo got in his Tyler's ear. Tyler loves Melo. We're in good shape here with that side plus Coach B is on this one. I'll share where you and everyone can watch his full games from all sessions.