Class of 2025 - PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered

Jackson, Lewis, Tillery
As others have alluded to, this is shaping up to be pretty close parallel to 2004 and our situation recruiting PGs then.

We really needed a PG that year and targeted Josh Wright, AJ Price and Kyle Lowry.

Wright was from Utica. AJ Price was playing at Amityville HS on Long Island. And Kyle Lowry was from North Philadelphia.

This time we are targeting Tillery, who is out of Albany, Jackson, who is from Baltimore but now plays for Overtime Elite out of Atlanta, and Acaden Lewis, out of Washington DC.

Lewis got his offer late and appears to be a player who developed late and might be underrated. Tillery might not be as exposed as the other two but the staff has seen him play a ton. Especially Coach Autry, whose son played for on the same City Rocks team as Tillery for a while.

Is Jackson widely overrated or is this rough patch a phase in his development?

Time will tell. I haven‘t watch film of any of them other than 30 seconds of Jackson.

Acaden is 6’2 170. Tyler is 6’2 153. Keyshuan is 6’0 180 (all heights and weights taken from 247).

As others have alluded to, this is shaping up to be pretty close parallel to 2004 and our situation recruiting PGs then.

We really needed a PG that year and targeted Josh Wright, AJ Price and Kyle Lowry.

Wright was from Utica. AJ Price was playing at Amityville HS on Long Island. And Kyle Lowry was from North Philadelphia.

This time we are targeting Tillery, who is out of Albany, Jackson, who is from Baltimore but now plays for Overtime Elite out of Atlanta, and Acaden Lewis, out of Washington DC.

Lewis got his offer late and appears to be a player who developed late and might be underrated. Tillery might not be as exposed as the other two but the staff has seen him play a ton. Especially Coach Autry, whose son played for on the same City Rocks team as Tillery for a while.

Time will tell. I haven‘t watch film of any of them other than 30 seconds of Jackson.

Acaden is 6’2 170. Tyler is 6’2 153. Keyshuan is 6’0 180 (all heights and weights taken from 247).
Also something to consider is does landing Tyler almost ensure Kiyan as well?

I don't remember the game at all but I vividly remember my mom brining me to a paaaacked Proctor gym to watch Josh Wright when I was like in 1st grade. Also clearly remember watching Proctor football on tv to see Deandre Preaster.

Utica's motto: What Could Have Been

Geez can somebody get Tyler a chicken parm or something?

I'll also add that of the three, Wright ended up being the exponentially WORST of the group.

--Lowry went to the NBA, and still plays in the NBA
--Price quarterbacked Uconn to a natty
--Wright never lived up to his potential, and ended up not finishing his career at SU

Bottom line: we landed, by far, the worst of the three by going with the "first come" approach. Getting the same vibes with this current trio, 20 years later.

I'll also add that of the three, Wright ended up being the exponentially WORST of the group.

--Wright never lived up to his potential, and ended up not finishing his career at SU

Bottom line: we landed, by far, the worst of the three by going with the "first come" approach. Getting the same vibes with this current trio, 20 years later.
Not here. Lewis is going to visit.

Guess: White/Lewis or Tillery/Anthony

What's the "X" linking protocol now? Can't get it right.

I think if you link it as a media link and change the x.com in the link to Twitter.com, it will show properly…..

Past is not the future. And we will take the first one. But isn't that better than not getting any of them? That is one thing we are worried about. We like all three a lot.

Past is not the future. And we will take the first one. But isn't that better than not getting any of them? That is one thing we are worried about. We like all three a lot.
Stop.

One of those three isn't as talented as the other two, that was the comparison. Which one is readily apparent

You know that.

Stop.

One of those three isn't as talented as the other two, that was the comparison. Which one is readily apparent

You know that.
I don't know what your point is ? We have three guards we really like. We will take the one that says yes first. We don't want to be shut out. We as of right now, don't have one rated over the other two. Because we were in this position a few year ago and it didn't work out is really meaningless to me. I can't even imagine how that would influence us in what we do now?

I don't know what your point is ? We have three guards we really like. We will take the one that says yes first. We don't want to be shut out. We as of right now, don't have one rated over the other two. Because we were in this position a few year ago and it didn't work out is really meaningless to me. I can't even imagine how that would influence us in what we do now?

You don't see the parallel? Really?

One of the three started out higher rated earlier in his HS career, but has struggled in EBYL and is trending downward in the rankings. The other two are trending upwards. And the one we appear to be in the best position for is the one trending downward / struggling.

And the process, as you've laid out, is exactly what happened before. And we were worse off because of the player that chose us was the worst of the three then, and appears to be trending that way again now. This is a pivotal class for Red, one where we need to add plus backcourt talent, and I hate to see history repeat itself.

Last edited:

One of the three started out higher rated earlier in his HS career, but has struggled in EBYL and is trending downward in the rankings. The other two are trending upwards. And the one we appear to be in the best position for is the one trending downward / struggling.

And the process, as you've laid out, is exactly what happened before. And we were worse off because of the player that chose us was the worst of the three then, and appears to be trending that way again now. This is a pivotal class for Red, one where we need to add plus backcourt talent, and I hate to see history repeat itself.
Really. I am telling you what is. I can't see the future. I don't know who we can get of the three. If we can get a commitment from the guy that is struggling right now, your solution is to not take it. What if we miss on the other two and by the time we come back to the kid that is struggling, he is somewhere else? And he ends up being the best of the three? Right now, on our list, the three are equal. Wouldn't be my rankings but it is ours. So, if our coaches rank the three equally, what do you think they should do if they are can get one of the three? Wait to see if they can get a commit from one of the other guys they rank as equal?

Really. I am telling you what is. I can't see the future. I don't know who we can get of the three. If we can get a commitment from the guy that is struggling right now, your solution is to not take it. What if we miss on the other two and by the time we come back to the kid that is struggling, he is somewhere else? And he ends up being the best of the three? Right now, on our list, the three are equal. Wouldn't be my rankings but it is ours. So, if our coaches rank the three equally, what do you think they should do if they are can get one of the three? Wait to see if they can get a commit from one of the other guys they rank as equal?
OK, you've both made your points. Neither of you is going to convince the other. Let's move on or take it to the main board. And get back to talking Tyler Jackson. Thanks.

OK, you've both made your points. Neither of you is going to convince the other. Let's move on or take it to the main board. And get back to talking Tyler Jackson. Thanks.

O79, that's all right -- really, this doesn't feel like an argument. Dasher is one of the people on this board I'm most cool with, and disagreement between friends is perfectly fine.

Correct, I don't believe that we should settle for taking someone who might be a subpar prospect, just because we can "land" him swiftly.

And those three players aren't the only point guards out there. Even if we did strike out, the portal opens up an entirely new set of prospects to choose from. I get that this is a riskier gamble, but who would have projected Jaquan Carlos to be our likely starting lead guard next year? Portal is all about opportunity meeting need.

Jackson is nice. He is slippery, but I think he would have a rough time at the ACC level until he puts on another 20 lbs, minimum. At this point, we are looking at some quality point guards, I want the toughest one. When we look back at the Wright/Price/Lowery class...Lowery was the smallest, but by far the toughest of the three.