Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Doesn't JB's presser today contradict that he reportedly told Battle's dad that he would be there to coach his son? Now JB says he will coach next season and has no plans for beyond that, leaving it uncertain. If I were Battle, I wouldn't know what to think but I sure wouldn't want to get myself in a situation where I didn't know who would be the coach I'd be playing for. Maybe JB told the Battles to disregard his public statements, but who knows.
Mike Hopkins should be "named as the next head coach to provide some stability until they kick Jim out the door.Oh sure he is retiring.Does anyone really believe this? I think the members here are too smart to fall for this story Its really off the charts wicked to be forced to fire a HOF coach who has his name emblased on the Dome court. I get that, but don't give me the "retirement Bull-s#it.

Mike Hopkins should be "named as the next head coach to provide some stability until they kick Jim out the door.Oh sure he is retiring.Does anyone really believe this? I think the members here are too smart to fall for this story Its really off the charts wicked to be forced to fire a HOF coach who has his name emblased on the Dome court. I get that, but don't give me the "retirement Bull-s#it.

Yep, you are exactly right. Nobody, and I mean nobody, retires when they are 73. What a joke!

We really think JB is going to bench a junior Kaleb for a freshman battle?

Probably not. He'll already be pushed out to get guys onto the 10 man roster.

This post is lingering in my mind like a shower fart. I'm with you on the Hop being named the next coach, but I'm totally lost on the rest. Confused.

Back to Battle. Does anyone have a link or reference for the rumored visit this month?

Back to Battle. Does anyone have a link or reference for the rumored visit this month?

Never a set date, were going to try to, it was in one of the articles about his dad and the phone call to w/JB. Francis will be all over it when there is something official just like he was about the plan itself.

Last edited:
Don't worry about a thing. Whenever a visit date gets set, we'll be all over it here.

Ok I thought it was already set and I was behind the latest.

If they had fired him, he'd be gone. Having somebody stick around for three years is not a firing.

Oh so once you know and post it, the PS folks can steal it and start a story acting like they were the first to break it:D

I must say that I like Mike and Donna and think they do a nice job in general... However, their reportage on the recruitments of Battle and Bryant has been pretty awful. They should have a better idea as to what's going on. If anything, their reporting on issues like the scholarships and how we plan to move forward with the reductions has made things LESS clear.

Maybe there isn't much more to say.

Truthfully this portion of the board is so far ahead of them that they seem out of the loop. There are some real resources posting here that we should all be happy to have and I'm not just talking about Francis (who is the best BTW). We are lucky to be able to know what we do.

They could also play together.

This would be my prediction as well.

IMO, Kaleb will take a medium-sized leap in performance in his Soph year, and then maybe take a Scoop Jardine type of "backseat" (where he went from playing 32.1 mpg in 2010-11 to 25.2 mpg the next year so that Dion could get similar minutes that year) to Kid Mamba.

Although the scholarship numbers are tight, it'd be nice to have ability to have two solid PGs/ballhandlers. Also, Battle could play the 2, right?

EH...thinking about it a little more, with Howard in the mix as well, there may be some truth to fact that Joseph really needs to make a big leap in performance next year to not be looking at possible transfer out.

Unless you like PG's that dribble around the perimeter like a chicken with it's head cut off, and constantly leaves their hands down on defense. Then yes, we all expect JB to keep KJ's ass on the bench for Battle. If KJ doesn't step his game up next year and we land Battle, I think he'll see the writing on the wall and will decide to transfer.

This!

The fact that Battle and his dad, every step of the way through this whole NCAA fiasco, have never once wavered in terms of interest in Syracuse, speaks volumes for just how strong our position is with Kid Mamba.

I agree with albany here, it really does feel like we've won the battle (no pun intended) already, and it's just a matter of him making it official.

The fact that Battle and his dad, every step of the way through this whole NCAA fiasco, have never once wavered in terms of interest in Syracuse, speaks volumes for just how strong our position is with Kid Mamba.

I agree with albany here, it really does feel like we've won the battle (no pun intended) already, and it's just a matter of him making it official.

God, I hope so. I love this kids talent, I think if we retain all of our freshman from this year plus have TRob back and Kid Manna, we have to be one of the favorites to win the whole thing. I believe he comes in instantly and becomes a star.

Apologize if this has been posted. Great look at Tyus and his dad! Seems like a great kid!

That was awesome. I will admit that I have not seen any of the film on him because I don't want to get my hopes up. What a great kid he seems like. To be totally frank, the player he reminds me most of (as a person) is Jabari Parker. It is hard picturing a kid like this not winding up at Duke.

That was awesome. I will admit that I have not seen any of the film on him because I don't want to get my hopes up. What a great kid he seems like. To be totally frank, the player he reminds me most of (as a person) is Jabari Parker. It is hard picturing a kid like this not winding up at Duke.

If you would watch some videos, you would know why I hit refresh on my web browser every 2 minutes checking for updates.

Unless you like PG's that dribble around the perimeter like a chicken with it's head cut off, and constantly leaves their hands down on defense. Then yes, we all expect JB to keep KJ's ass on the bench for Battle. If KJ doesn't step his game up next year and we land Battle, I think he'll see the writing on the wall and will decide to transfer.
I liked this post cause I agree with some parts. He has to do a better job contesting the outside shooters and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT YOUR HANDS UP, KJ! Still. I think his handle is fine (when he's not playing 'scared'), we've seen him attack the basket, and he has that mid range jumper. Kid needs a huge confidence boost and I hope he gets it soon. I still believe in Joseph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom