Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

TBH it's pretty easy to see why"experts" would pick Duke over Syracuse at this point in time.

Or throughout the majority of recorded history. If the experts didn't, the players did. JB had much less to work with than K had, over the years.

TBH it's pretty easy to see why"experts" would pick Duke over Syracuse at this point in time.

I think the point is, if you're just guessing based on program strength, without any knowledge of the situation, you're a hack and not doing your job as a recruiting analyst.

I think the point is, if you're just guessing based on program strength, without any knowledge of the situation, you're a hack and not doing your job as a recruiting analyst.

So I have little knowledge of the situation. I know we're his last OV, and we're his only option that will let him play PG. And our most plugged in poster seems REALLY high on our chances to land him...but he may be privy to stuff that recruitng experts are not.

What am I missing? I'd like to know because I'm pretty geeked about potentially grabbing this kid from Duke.

So I have little knowledge of the situation. I know we're his last OV, and we're his only option that will let him play PG. And our most plugged in poster seems REALLY high on our chances to land him...but he may be privy to stuff that recruitng experts are not.

What am I missing? I'd like to know because I'm pretty geeked about potentially grabbing this kid from Duke.

We aren't grabbing him from Duke, if he went to Duke that would be them grabbing him from us IMO. To me it seems like we were the leader in the club house after posting a great round on Sunday. Lville, Duke, UK and Mich were still out on the course with a chance to close with a great back nine and beat us but it appears none were able to do so.

We aren't grabbing him from Duke, if he went to Duke that would be them grabbing him from us IMO. To me it seems like we were the leader in the club house after posting a great round on Sunday. Lville, Duke, UK and Mich were still out on the course with a chance to close with a great back nine and beat us but it appears none were able to do so.

Fair enough...like I said I don't follow this recruiting stuff that close anymore.

I guess my question would be...what is it that makes us the clear leader, that the so-called recruiting gurus SHOULD know?

Fair enough...like I said I don't follow this recruiting stuff that close anymore.

I guess my question would be...what is it that makes us the clear leader, that the so-called recruiting gurus SHOULD know?

They weren't guru's they where just Mich blog people. Even the guru's probably know far less about SU recruiting than some of those on this board do. They are following recruiting in general all over not SU specifically like most here do. We should all appreciate the people that post here and share all the info they have because I highly doubt most fan bases have free access to anything quite as informative about their bball recruiting as we do.

They weren't guru's they where just Mich blog people. Even the guru's probably know far less about SU recruiting than some of those on this board do. They are following recruiting in general all over not SU specifically like most here do. We should all appreciate the people that post here and share all the info they have because I highly doubt most fan bases have free access to anything quite as informative about their bball recruiting as we do.

Yeah that's kind of what I thought, and believe me I do.

The short version of the story is that we were on this kid very early [I think we offered his freshman year, and might have been his first offer], which enabled the coaching staff to culitvate a relationship with the family and build that relationship over multiple years. Because of that, the father has become a big fan of our program and HOF head coach. SU is relatively "close" to where they live in NJ compared to the other schools on his list, meaning it would be easier for the family to come watch their son play in person at SU than at any of the other programs. Our staff has offered to hand him the keys and put the ball in his hands, which is appealing. Lastly, we've made it known that he is the lone backcourt guy we are recruiting [I know there's been some news about us getting involved with others], so we are making it known that he's our top guy and we're committing to him. That isn't necessarily the case at Duke / Louisville.

None of the above means that we're going to land him, but those are the reasons why many feel like we're the team to beat out for his services.

The short version of the story is that we were on this kid very early [I think we offered his freshman year, and might have been his first offer], which enabled the coaching staff to culitvate a relationship with the family and build that relationship over multiple years. Because of that, the father has become a big fan of our program and HOF head coach. SU is relatively "close" to where they live in NJ compared to the other schools on his list, meaning it would be easier for the family to come watch their son play in person at SU than at any of the other programs. Our staff has offered to hand him the keys and put the ball in his hands, which is appealing. Lastly, we've made it known that he is the lone backcourt guy we are recruiting [I know there's been some news about us getting involved with others], so we are making it known that he's our top guy and we're committing to him. That isn't necessarily the case at Duke / Louisville.

None of the above means that we're going to land him, but those are the reasons why many feel like we're the team to beat out for his services.

Yeah I assumed but was not sure we were on him that early (this thread started when he as a HS frosh). That's usually when we do our best work.

Joseph will surprise a lot of fans the reasons he could not succeed last year were due do strength, defense, and a weak left hand. All of which can be improved in an off season and improve quite a bit.

True, but the extent he is working on these 3 things nobody knows. Is someone tying his right hand behind his back all summer during drills?

Anybody know how Michigan wants to use him? They have done a nice job with guards as of late. Burke, Hardaway Jr., LeVert, etc. They have revamped their facilities and Crisler is awesome now. I believe we probably are the leader as well but IF we lose out I would rather it to be to Beilein and UM than to Duke and have to face him often.

Anybody know how Michigan wants to use him? They have done a nice job with guards as of late. Burke, Hardaway Jr., LeVert, etc. They have revamped their facilities and Crisler is awesome now. I believe we probably are the leader as well but IF we lose out I would rather it to be to Beilein and UM than to Duke and have to face him often.
They want him at the 2 off the ball.

Is this legit?

tyus battle‏@kidmamba23
Excited to say that I am going to be a Wolverine!!
1f64c.png
303d.png
1f3c0.png
1f606.png

Oh...oh my.

Wow.

Um, Jamal Murray? Alterique Gilbert? Kobi Simmons? Please, pick up the courtesy phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom