Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I wonder what his time table is for a decision. It is obviously very very early, but I am going to be sweating this one out until its conclusion, and it would be nice to know that it isn't going to be two and a half years from now.
Yeah... with a couple big 2016 guys already committing it makes ya think there's a chance it could happen as soon as after the Duke game. But it could just as easy be 2 more years of reading every tweet and report hoping he comes lol.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/tyus-battle-planning-syracuse-ohio-state-visits/

Syracuse and Ohio State are near the top of a group of schools in the mix for the 6-foot-5 Battle, who went for 22 points, 12 rebounds, five assists and four steals Thursday when Gill St. Bernard’s beat Hunterdon Central, 67-53. That group also includes Indiana, Villanova, Michigan, UConn and SMU.

“Syracuse, he’s top priority for Syracuse,” Gary Battle said. “They want him to come in and play the point.

“In their system he definitely can fit that role. He likes to pass the ball. He’s 6-5, can handle. I see him as a kind of a combo point. He definitely has to have the ball in his hands. He’s not a straight wing. He’s a muti-faceted guard.”

Gary will definitely go to the Syracuse game and assuming Tyus doesn’t play Feb. 1, he will also attend. Right now, Gill St. Bernard’s is slated to play St. Peter’s Prep on Jan. 31, but the game could be moved to Feb. 1.

Gary called the Duke-Syracuse game — one day before the Super Bowl — a must-see for him.

“That would be a Super Bowl for us to see Duke play at Syracuse in front of 35,000 people,” he joked. “I’ll take that over the Super Bowl as a basketball fan.”

This is great because it's often the parents that have gotten in the way of recruits that probably would've signed starting with Kenny Anderson (mom, but some cash), Tobias Harris and even today with Briscoe.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/tyus-battle-planning-syracuse-ohio-state-visits/

Syracuse and Ohio State are near the top of a group of schools in the mix for the 6-foot-5 Battle, who went for 22 points, 12 rebounds, five assists and four steals Thursday when Gill St. Bernard’s beat Hunterdon Central, 67-53. That group also includes Indiana, Villanova, Michigan, UConn and SMU.

“Syracuse, he’s top priority for Syracuse,” Gary Battle said. “They want him to come in and play the point.

“In their system he definitely can fit that role. He likes to pass the ball. He’s 6-5, can handle. I see him as a kind of a combo point. He definitely has to have the ball in his hands. He’s not a straight wing. He’s a muti-faceted guard.”

Gary will definitely go to the Syracuse game and assuming Tyus doesn’t play Feb. 1, he will also attend. Right now, Gill St. Bernard’s is slated to play St. Peter’s Prep on Jan. 31, but the game could be moved to Feb. 1.

Gary called the Duke-Syracuse game — one day before the Super Bowl — a must-see for him.

“That would be a Super Bowl for us to see Duke play at Syracuse in front of 35,000 people,” he joked. “I’ll take that over the Super Bowl as a basketball fan.”
Just to add, his dad seems awesome, super knowledgeable about college bball, ins and outs, intricacies of each school courting Tyus. Good to see, whether or not we land Kid Mamba.

Just to add, his dad seems awesome, super knowledgeable about college bball, ins and outs, intricacies of each school courting Tyus. Good to see, whether or not we land Kid Mamba.

Looks like we went all-in on the PG angle to play up the MCW comparison. I guess this will now be decided by whether he wants to try and be a PG at SU or be a dedicated SG at some of the other schools recruiting.

Kyle Just ‏@ThreeOrKey 25m
@kidmamba23 Tyus Battle averaging 24.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 4.1 apg and 79 FT% for 8-2 Gill St. Bernard's
Now that's what I call "do it all versatility."

Have to prioritize Battle, kid is an absolute stud, Kidmamba is a suitable name, actually lives up to the hype.

Best. Scene. Ever. And if you like the movie the Boiler Room, man do I have a story for you. Let's just say this for now: I lived the Boiler Room. The actual story was based on a company I worked for out of college. Too many details that are EXACTLY what happened in the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom