Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I've been courted by another company for about a month now. They interviewed me on the phone, brought me in, and then brought me in for a second time yesterday.

I told my boss it would be difficult to leave because my benefits are great and I just got a significant pay bump. I've gone back and forth for three weeks deciding what I was going to do, as the new company offered me a higher salary, but worse benefits.

I made my final decision to say no to the other offer yesterday, when in fact I knew about a month ago I probably wouldn't leave.

The moral of the story is while I knew I probably would stay in my current position I listened to the other offer because it was important to make sure I was looking at all the positives and negatives of the decision.

Life changing decisions aren't easy to make no matter how you look at them. I'm sure the company was upset I told them no, and they probably thought I somewhat lead them on, but decisions like this are solely up to the persons life it most effects and Battle should take all the time he needs to make the right decision for him, not for anyone else.

Statistics say that if someone looks closely at another job and declines it, they usually still wind up leaving their current position within a year. And if you discussed this with your current boss, they are probably thinking that you will eventually leave, too.

I've basically decided that Battle and Huerter are coming, and am just waiting for them to make it official.

While this would be amazing Im not sure how it could possibly happen considering we are already 1 over the scholly limit with Chkwu coming aboard now. I suppose the assumption is that the appeal will add another 1 or 2? Or that as usual someone we would never expect now leaves for the NBA early. Or Chino leaves a la buss/bj.

While this would be amazing Im not sure how it could possibly happen considering we are already 1 over the scholly limit with Chkwu coming aboard now. I suppose the assumption is that the appeal will add another 1 or 2? Or that as usual someone we would never expect now leaves for the NBA early. Or Chino leaves a la buss/bj.
No, look. I get it, it's confusing. But the truth is, I already decided this is how it'll go. We can all sit back and relax. I did the hard work.

Otto...amazing! Hey can I get a couple of trifectas this summer at Saratoga. Thanks in advance.

Tyus Watch: Day Twelve

Tyus speaks...

Reminder - this thread is for Tyus Battle discussion. Not Tom Crean. Not candy. Tyus Battle.
58700588.jpg

:D

Battle signing thoughts. Haven't followed this as closely as many of you. But...is Battle possibly waiting for the NCAA appeal to produce a schollie? Then commits?

Tyus Watch: Day Thirteen

If he's still out west then it should be an uneventful day.
One would imagine that any further activity would wait until he's home.

My bet is that any announcement will coincide or come shortly after there is a decision rendered on our NCAA appeal. Anything previous to that would appear presumptuous on the part of the staff.

My bet is that any announcement will coincide or come shortly after there is a decision rendered on our NCAA appeal. Anything previous to that would appear presumptuous on the part of the staff.

That's logical, but it bet it happens a LOT sooner than that.

That's logical, but it bet it happens a LOT sooner than that.
I hope so but is there any precedent in Syracuse basketball history that we had more recruits than available scholarships. I can't think of any and I think perception wise that Syracuse might not want to go down that road. Hopefully the NCAA rules soon so it's a moot point.

I hope so but is there any precedent in Syracuse basketball history that we had more recruits than available scholarships. I can't think of any and I think perception wise that Syracuse might not want to go down that road. Hopefully the NCAA rules soon so it's a moot point.

I'm not really all that worried about not having the scholarship in hand right now, to be honest. Lots can happen between now and summer 2016. Attrition could come in many forms [maybe Obokoh bails for PT elsewhere, maybe Coleman's physical health isn't where it needs to be and he hangs 'em up, maybe a player like Joseph doesn't progress and opts out]. Or maybe the appeal gets the scholarship restrictions reduced [frankly, its difficult to envision that NOT happening, given the unprecedentally excessive penalty we got handed down].

Regardless, there will be a slot for Battle.

Regardless, there will be a slot for Battle.

I definitely agree there will be room for Battle and maybe even Huerter as well. I'm just thinking perception wise that maybe JAB doesn't want to open up any more negative conversation. But then again, does JAB really care.

Because who knows how long that might take. (Anyone, how long?)

I would say soon, which BTW means different things to different people. ;) Still it seems it would be hard to get in before the holiday weekend with him being on the west coast right now. My guess would be early next week but who knows.

As far as those saying it may look bad with the NCAA if he commits without an official spot available, I don't buy that at all. Like RF said so many moving parts and things can happen. I really see no way Coleman is back for the 2016 season. Another knee injury and he's done, he mentioned that himself in an article about why it was important to be patient in his rehab. If healthy all season then its time to cash in his chips and start collecting checks as long as possible with the healthy knee & his degree. This is why we were actively looking for a 2016 big and wound up with Chukwu. All taking a verbal from Battle indicates is that the staff knows we will have at least one non senior moving on, that is it in our currant situation without any official appeal announcement. That being said the Chukwu signing, since he counts against this season is a strong indication that we will have scholarship relief before the season starts IMO. So that basically also negates any worry about being at 1o for the 2016 class. Still with Moyer, Chukwu and Battle I think any extra ships would at that point be for 17 where we are in play for about 5 excellent players.

I definitely agree there will be room for Battle and maybe even Huerter as well. I'm just thinking perception wise that maybe JAB doesn't want to open up any more negative conversation. But then again, does JAB really care.

If the penalties stand as is, they have to get to 10 scholarships by the start of the 16-17 season. As RF mentioned, it doesn't matter how or when they get there, as long as they are the magic number by the start of the season. I highly doubt that JB spends more than a couple of seconds worrying about negative commentary from anyone about this. He will take Battle whenever Battle is ready to formally commit. I think it's as simple as that.

The Nike Skills competition finished yesterday. Battle and company should be back on the east coast now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom