Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

If Battle wants to commit this weekend on his visit, great. Otherwise full speed ahead on Simmons/Gilbert/Huerter...the ship is sailing and don't look back.

I'm not sure "great" is a strong enough word. I hope he falls in love with Syracuse. Quick, grounds people, cut the grass!!

Bottom line. 2+2=4. The kid decommitts and ends up in Syracuse the day the news breaks. I don't think we take a visit from a committed kid unless we're pretty confident how this turns out - we don't operate that way.

I'm hearing that the distance to Michigan is a major issue. That's a long ass drive to make to see your kid play or to get home to see your family.

I've said it before, but this is the kid I've wanted more than anyone. I think he has a huge upside and could be an instant leader.

I think we get a "boom" by end if the weekend.

If Battle commits and comes in next year, he would turn an already-talented backcourt rotation into a wrecking machine: Battle ('16), on top of Howard ('15), KJ ('14) and MR ('15) ... are you f'g kidding me? That's deeper than 11-12 (MCW, Waiters, Scoop and Trevor).

Last edited:
Bottom line. 2+2=4. The kid decommitts and ends up in Syracuse the day the news breaks. I don't think we take a visit from a committed kid unless we're pretty confident how this turns out - we don't operate that way.

I'm hearing that the distance to Michigan is a major issue. That's a long ass drive to make to see your kid play or to get home to see your family.

I've said it before, but this is the kid I've wanted more than anyone. I think he has a huge upside and could be an instant leader.

I think we get a "boom" by end if the weekend.

My shorts will be getting a boom by the end of the weekend too

Jake said:
Bottom line. 2+2=4. The kid decommitts and ends up in Syracuse the day the news breaks. I don't think we take a visit from a committed kid unless we're pretty confident how this turns out - we don't operate that way. I'm hearing that the distance to Michigan is a major issue. That's a long ass drive to make to see your kid play or to get home to see your family. I've said it before, but this is the kid I've wanted more than anyone. I think he has a huge upside and could be an instant leader. I think we get a "boom" by end if the weekend.
it's like the anti-Bryant situation...

If Battle commits and comes in next year, he would turn an already-talented backcourt rotation into a wrecking machine: Battle ('16), on top of Howard ('15), KJ ('14) and MR ('15) ... are you f'g kidding me? That's deeper than 11-12 (MCW, Waiters, Scoop and Trevor).

I love the potential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. None of those players has yet to produce anything at the college level yet while the 11-12 group included 2 lottery picks, the guy who started ahead of the lottery picks, and a 3-year starting SG for us.

Nothing like a productive afternoon at the office:

Busy With Recruiting.jpg

Last edited:
I love the potential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. None of those players has yet to produce anything at the college level yet while the 11-12 group included 2 lottery picks, the guy who started ahead of the lottery picks, and a 3-year starting SG for us.
Ok, "potentially" deeper. lol

Chukwu all 7'2 of him blocking shots!! :)

orangefog said:
That is a lot of long guards.

I'm sensing someone will transfer.

Joseph or Howard. Neither is suited for the 2.

I'm sensing someone will transfer.

Joseph or Howard. Neither is suited for the 2.

I thought Howard was more of a 2 than a 1? That's why everyone has been talking about him not really playing this year because he needs time to adjust to the PG position.

OlsenRyan13 said:
I thought Howard was more of a 2 than a 1? That's why everyone has been talking about him not really playing this year because he needs time to adjust to the PG position.

I disagree.

Great passer.

No jump shot.

We'd have a limited perimeter game with a Battle/Joseph/Howard backcourt.

So, okay, Malachi plays the 2.

Then where are the minutes for Howard and Joseph?

Best basketball news we have had in awhile. I just love the statement this would make. We are not going anywhere. Jim Boeheim!

Agreed! And suddenly we would have Moyer and Battle committed for 2016 which just paints a much better picture going forward. It looks like we are rolling even with sanctions which should translate well to other recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom