Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

cBattle_zpsm8piotpk.jpg

praying-hands_zpskkubaynq.jpg

On how the Tyus Battle visit went, it's oddly quiet here after such a big recruit decommitted from Michigan and visits SU within a day or two.

Oddly quiet? When he decommitted this thread was on page 39 and that was Friday.
I think he is either kidding, or shocked at how we contained the excitement in one thread.

Either way, cmon Tyus we all want good news today! Preferably before I get out of work early at noon so I drink celebratorily all evening!

I'm not worried. As others have said JB and the staff must have pretty strong assurances from the Battle camp or they never agree to the visit. Simmon's and Gilbert are good players that we have a chance with so why risk that if Battle wasn't a sure thing especially after we lost him once. I just don't see the staff saying sure come on a visit. I think they said hold on a minute before you decommit and lets decide whats going on. I think he's committed to SU as I type its just yet to be announced.

I saw a tall kid at the airport on Sunday morning in an orange SU cap. I thought from a distance he was Battle, but no. I've since taken that as an omen. I believe good things are happening.

I would think that after everything that happened with Michigan and him deciding to decommit, he would take the time to make sure he's really positive about where he wants to go before he commits again. At the same time, it has been well publicized that he doesn't want his recruitment to drag on. If I was to guess, he'll take the next few days to think it over and would commit sometime Thursday-Sunday.

I would think that after everything that happened with Michigan and him deciding to decommit, he would take the time to make sure he's really positive about where he wants to go before he commits again. At the same time, it has been well publicized that he doesn't want his recruitment to drag on. If I was to guess, he'll take the next few days to think it over and would commit sometime Thursday-Sunday.

These are my thoughts as well (see my posts above). I'm thinking the next 3 days though. I doubt it drags out 'til next weekend. If he does take his last visit (to UConn?) I'd be concerned.

These are my thoughts as well (see my posts above). I'm thinking the next 3 days though. I doubt it drags out 'til next weekend. If he does take his last visit (to UConn?) I'd be concerned.

I was originally thinking the same about UConn too, that if he schedules a visit we're in trouble. But he just doesn't seem like a prototypical UConn guard to me. Even if he schedules that visit, I still think we can land him. Sometimes visits work the other way, and you go there and realize the school/system/coach is not for you.

If he visited UConn it would be a sign that something was lacking in his trip to syracuse. It wouldn't mean he was going to UConn per se.

Agreed and in my mind it would also mean that Mich, Duke and Lville are all back on the table. Still I just don't see the staff sticking their necks out if there was any chance of getting burned again by this kid. Remember we pretty much sold out for him for 2 whole years and didn't recruit PG's.

iommi said:
That's true but I doubt UConn becomes Minnesota football. They have a tremendous fan base, a 25 year track record of winning and are a top brand name in college basketball. I hate them but they are still a top tier program IMO, despite their crappy conference.

Looking backwards includes their time in a power conference. Looking fwd? Think Gonzaga, not Duke.

That's true but I doubt UConn becomes Minnesota football. They have a tremendous fan base, a 25 year track record of winning and are a top brand name in college basketball. I hate them but they are still a top tier program IMO, despite their crappy conference.

Edit: Forget it. I don't want to sidetrack the thread or upset any mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom