Pitino officially fired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino officially fired

What is his play here? He is that confident Adidas doens't have something on him? I get he wants some of the compensation back from his firing, but this kind of stuff opens up a deeper dive into some water I would think he would want to stay clear of.

Yup, AD Tom Jurich gone too from UofL by 10-3 decision, not unanimous like Pitino. Jurich did a lot of good things over the years for their sports programs, not just football and basketball. This one will hurt their sports programs and donations. People generally are over Pitino, but there was a good amount of support for Jurich. Oh well, when you clean house, guess the thought is to actually clean it.

Yup, AD Tom Jurich gone too from UofL by 10-3 decision, not unanimous like Pitino. Jurich did a lot of good things over the years for their sports programs, not just football and basketball. This one will hurt their sports programs and donations. People generally are over Pitino, but there was a good amount of support for Jurich. Oh well, when you clean house, guess the thought is to actually clean it.
Jurich had to go after he backed Slick Rick after hooker and stripper gate

And Petrino and his now lowered buyout are out in the door in 3..2..1...

I wonder if it had more to do with the disclosure that he okayed an Addidas contract giving Pitino 98% or whatever ridiculous percentage it was, of the sneaker money.
I am betting that is the major reason why......

Pitino interview will be on Scott Van Pelt tonight. They showed a small bit during the NBA game. Says he passed a lie detector test for the Feds, which proves he didn't know anything about this. I guess he didn't know about the lopsided Adidas contract either. :rolleyes:

Pitino interview will be on Scott Van Pelt tonight. They showed a small bit during the NBA game. Says he passed a lie detector test for the Feds, which proves he didn't know anything about this. I guess he didn't know about the lopsided Adidas contract either. :rolleyes:
Wow. That interview was cringeworthy. Rick comes off as a child who just got caught & is now blaming everyone else. Pulling the "only God can judge me" card, yikes. Regardless of what he says publicly, you could tell Bilas didn't buy a word of it & was frankly uncomfortable.

Watching his ESPN interview now... wow. To bring his “God” into this is all 3+ times? The man is going to hell

Do polygraphs work with other than "yes" "no" answers, because Slick says that's not how he answered.
I know that sociopaths can beat polygraphs.

I haven't been following this closely, but I don't see why Pitino's portion of the sneaker contract is such a big deal. Sneaker companies have been heavily subsidizing coaches' salaries since the early-mid 80's. Boeheim has acknowledged that in the mid-80's, he was making something like $200k per year from Nike, while only making like $150k from the University.

I haven't been following this closely, but I don't see why Pitino's portion of the sneaker contract is such a big deal. Sneaker companies have been heavily subsidizing coaches' salaries since the early-mid 80's. Boeheim has acknowledged that in the mid-80's, he was making something like $200k per year from Nike, while only making like $150k from the University.
It was really the way it was presented to the public...all of this money is for the University. In reality, only the net, (the total, set off by Pitino's money), went to the University. It appears Jurick lied to his bosses about how it was divided up. No wrong by Pitino, IMO.

I hope for college basketball's sake, we haven't seen the end of Rick Pitino. He's a character who is flawed. An ego the size of Texas but they don't make them like him anymore. I'd love to see him do a circle of life play and go coach at say his alma mader, UMass. There is a program out there which will be better if they have him as HC.

I feel like people are looking at Pitino as the anti christ and there are 100s of coaches snickering about how they whistled past the graveyard.

polygraphs aren't generally admissible as evidence anymore because they're notoriously unreliable.

And experienced liars (like Rick) can beat them easily.

I hope for college basketball's sake, we haven't seen the end of Rick Pitino. He's a character who is flawed. An ego the size of Texas but they don't make them like him anymore. I'd love to see him do a circle of life play and go coach at say his alma mader, UMass. There is a program out there which will be better if they have him as HC.
Good!

What's your name? Rick Pitino. Thanks coach, you just passed the test... grab some Addias gear on your way out.

Did having Bilas conduct the interview add heft for ESPN? He certainly didn't turn up the heat any or make it uncomfortable beyond what can be expected. Seemed like an easy lift by Pitino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom