Pitino officially fired | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino officially fired

Wonder which den of integrity school slick Rick will eventually be hired by. My money is on some SEC school that wants to have a top 10 program quickly.

Wonder which den of integrity school slick Rick will eventually be hired by. My money is on some SEC school that wants to have a top 10 program quickly.
Phoenix Suns?

Do polygraphs work with other than "yes" "no" answers, because Slick says that's not how he answered.
I know that sociopaths can beat polygraphs.
In answer to your question, polygraphs work best with "yes or no" answers. They can construct the questions that reveal details so they can be answered yes/no. If anything, more than answering yes/no throws off the monitor that checks whether you're breathing normally.

In answer to your question, polygraphs work best with "yes or no" answers. They can construct the questions that reveal details so they can be answered yes/no. If anything, more than answering yes/no throws off the monitor that checks whether you're breathing normally.

If I was even in the position of having to take a polygraph I sure wouldn't be breathing normally. In fact I would assume that anyone breathing normally is a sociopath.

If I was even in the position of having to take a polygraph I sure wouldn't be breathing normally. In fact I would assume that anyone breathing normally is a sociopath.

It really depends on the individual. I have taken numerous polygraphs over my 40 years working in the defense industry. I passed the majority of them but have failed a couple. Surprisedly, in my case the ones that I failed I was very relaxed, calm when I took the test instead of anxious and concerned.

It is funny that when you fail a test, you are brought back another day and tested again. When you pass a test, you are never brought back for a retest.

I hope for college basketball's sake, we haven't seen the end of Rick Pitino. He's a character who is flawed. An ego the size of Texas but they don't make them like him anymore. I'd love to see him do a circle of life play and go coach at say his alma mader, UMass. There is a program out there which will be better if they have him as HC.

I feel like people are looking at Pitino as the anti christ and there are 100s of coaches snickering about how they whistled past the graveyard.
I don’t want him anywhere near the Northeast.

It really depends on the individual. I have taken numerous polygraphs over my 40 years working in the defense industry. I passed the majority of them but have failed a couple. Surprisedly, in my case the ones that I failed I was very relaxed, calm when I took the test instead of anxious and concerned.

It is funny that when you fail a test, you are brought back another day and tested again. When you pass a test, you are never brought back for a retest.
In a couple of mine, I was struggling to stay awake.

Jurich got fired today. The UL Board of Trustees voted 10-3. This is going to be one hell of a law suit.

198c6c5572cef4fa550f419e9535ccda--basketball-funny-kentucky-basketball.jpg

:rolleyes:
Report: Rick Pitino was in the know about the Adidas Scandal

Eliot Rubin

Video by Sports Illustrated

People generally try to give prominent people that are in negative situation the benefit of the doubt. This was the case with former Louisville Cardinals coach Rick Pitino to a certain extent.

However, Pitino proved today that if anyone believed in him, they should not have.

The Louisville basketball program is currently embroiled in a scandal involving financial compensation being rewarded to collegiate athletes.

As a result of the scandal, Pitino and Athletic Director, Tom Jurich, were fired from their positions. A new indictment reveals that not only did Pitino know about the scandal, but he was complicit in it as well.

This definitely adds a new wrinkle to the investigation, and it remains to be seen if this will shift the focus of the investigation.

Many more details will be reveled in the coming months, however it is probably best to assume that most, if not all, coaches on Pitino's staff played some role in this scheme as well.

It is hard to imagine a coach not knowing a scandal was happening under his nose.

complicit: involved with others in illegal activity. You can take it to the BANK! Poor Ricky. He'll never see the inside of a gym again. Bastard. I don't know why the entire Louisville team hasn't vacated the dump?! Or is it some of them are involved? We're going to find out. :rolleyes:

Can't tell anyone how to spend their money. I understand that. That said, giving millions of dollars to a college athletics department is such a colossal waste of money. I love college sports but, seriously ...?
If there were no big donations there would be no IPF or Melo Center. Facilities don't get built with public funding.

If there were no big donations there would be no IPF or Melo Center. Facilities don't get built with public funding.

Oh no!!! You mean kids would have to practice basketball in one of the existing gyms?!?!?!?!? How awful!!! Listen — do what you want with your money but mine’s not going to fund lavish construction projects at universities with massive endowments.

According to Jay Bilas, Louisville Assistant Coach was wiretaped for two years. Rut ro.

Oh no!!! You mean kids would have to practice basketball in one of the existing gyms?!?!?!?!? How awful!!! Listen — do what you want with your money but mine’s not going to fund lavish construction projects at universities with massive endowments.

do you want a good basketball team? then you build those lavish facilities. Whether you like it or not, it's an arms race with facilities.

do you want a good basketball team? then you build those lavish facilities. Whether you like it or not, it's an arms race with facilities.

Yes I do and keep building them. You're missing the point. My point is why people fall for this facade of donating to athletics programs of universities with billion -- BILLION -- dollar endowments is just funny. You could do so much good with that kind of money. The fact that schools don't *need* all these absurd facilities is not debateable. The fact that you could do immeasurable amounts of good with even one of these massive athletics department donations is also not debateable.

Alas, bottom line, we all want to win titles so hopefully these suckers keep sending in the checks.

Yes I do and keep building them. You're missing the point. My point is why people fall for this facade of donating to athletics programs of universities with billion -- BILLION -- dollar endowments is just funny. You could do so much good with that kind of money. The fact that schools don't *need* all these absurd facilities is not debateable. The fact that you could do immeasurable amounts of good with even one of these massive athletics department donations is also not debateable.

Alas, bottom line, we all want to win titles so hopefully these suckers keep sending in the checks.

No doubt, donations can be used for much greater good to humanity, that is for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom