Pitino | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino

I mean having Pitino on the sideline would be amazing combination. It would be the perfect segway back into coaching.
Rick Pitino is not going to be on our sidelines. The NCAA already hates us. Do we need more trouble with them as we are coming off probation? I was a student when rick was an ass't here. I thought he was going to be a great Head coach. If I had to guess, Rick is bored and is going to make the rounds at the schools where he still has friends coaching. He can't do that at the Ville

I’m not disagreeing with you but it does create conversation and curiosity as to why he is here. Honestly Boeheim got the harshest of penalties everyone knows that. What more can the NCAA take away from the guy that he hasn’t already gone through. Having Pitino as an advisor is a risky
Proposition but a unique one as well...if zona can do whatever they please why can’t we?

I’m not disagreeing with you but it does create conversation and curiosity as to why he is here. Honestly Boeheim got the harshest of penalties everyone knows that. What more can the NCAA take away from the guy that he hasn’t already gone through. Having Pitino as an advisor is a risky
Proposition but a unique one as well...if zona can do whatever they please why can’t we?
Time will tell what Arizona can or can't do. That isn't over. And we already have seen what we can and can't do. And it isn't much.

Interesting, he's got a nike pullover on, but still wearing adidas shoes.

I'm not the judge and jury. He's Boeheims boy. "You know how Boeheim do" Hes gonna do whatever he wants. But we can do better than this.

Pitino seems to have been making the rounds to a number of colleges. I doubt it's a job hunt.

This is cool. Pitino always was an incredible in game and practice coach. From a tactical standpoint also. One thing Bilas and others mentioned numerous times on telecasts is how aggressive and intense the practices were with UL when visiting. How vocal and intense he was. A perfectionist.

You play like you practice. Almost always under Rick one could tell they were very sharp. Different sport but compare this to the situation at USC right now. Players coming out to the press saying that they have been WANTING better and more intense practices! Not running any goaline plays/drills in pads?! Well what happened when USC had those situations at Texas a few weeks ago? They got blown up by the DL and couldn’t convert any goaline plays, lol.

Last edited:
would not this guy near my program, he has zero integrity.

Take it easy.. he and JB go way back. He is a legendary coach, arguably one of the top 5 all time. If he comes in and gives a motivational pep talk to the boys, and shares some game strategy thoughts based on the composition of this squad, happy days. He's not bringing the ladies of the night with him.

You can't deny Pitino's coaching ability to the game. I wish he would take over for Boeheim when he retires however I'm aware that will never happen. I would inquire and see if it is possible to have him as an advisor and not get in trouble by doing so. There's no harm in asking.

You can't deny Pitino's coaching ability to the game. I wish he would take over for Boeheim when he retires however I'm aware that will never happen. I would inquire and see if it is possible to have him as an advisor and not get in trouble by doing so. There's no harm in asking.
I'm pretty sure ADJH is smart enough to make sure that doesn't happen. The last thing the SU hoops program needs right now is Rick Pitino hanging around (on staff or as a paid consultant, etc.).

Take it easy.. he and JB go way back. He is a legendary coach, arguably one of the top 5 all time. If he comes in and gives a motivational pep talk to the boys, and shares some game strategy thoughts based on the composition of this squad, happy days. He's not bringing the ladies of the night with him.

That's exactly how I look at it. I wouldn't consider him for a full-time role by any means, but this is harmless and getting some his knowledge definitely has some upside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom