Pitt Game Thread ... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread ...

If we managed to even hold a 2 point lead after we were up 24-14, I would be more confident. This is playing out exactly how many of our games have played out.

I wish the offense was play just a little better. We need someone to drive to the basket to disrupt their defense and then kick out for open 3s.

Well, time to shut off my Watch ESPN app and get back to work. I guess I will check the score at the end! Hope we pull it out! Go CUSE!!

I thought we needed this game in the 70s. It's likely going to be in the high 50s/60s. Doesn't bode well for us, imo.

we are down 2. They hit a lot of 3's those count

That wasn't really my point. They are going to make shots and miss shots. But when you are outrebounding a team that has crushed you on the boards and made 7 TOs (6 in the first 8-10 mins), you should be in the lead. And we were up 10 because we were making shots. When they turned the defensive pressure up a notch...and started making a couple of shots which led to some confidence...our offense could not generate even a remotely decent shot.

I'm not saying down 2 is a disaster. Just saying that we are who we are...and even when we are doing things well that is normally our weakness (rebounding), our offense is what hinders us. Offense being inability to get a good shot or any form of penetration. I know, nothing new here.

44cuse

Very disappointing. Passing around the perimeter on offense. Mal and Cooney late closing on Johnson. Giving Artis a wide open 3. Winning rebounding game (seems like it on TV at bar sans sound). Losing...priceless.

Lydon and Richardson need to contribute more on offense.

I thought we needed this game in the 70s. It's likely going to be in the high 50s/60s. Doesn't bode well for us, imo.
I don't understand this narrative. Pitt has a solid offensive a team, and it's a team that's been very good vs. the zone; not only that, they play good defense against us.

In my opinion, it's more likely Pitt can score 70 against us than we can score 70 against them. Lower 50s means Pitt isn't doing as well against the zone.

This team lost confidence when they hit their losing streak down the home stretch. When multiple players lose confidence, especially on offense, they become more indecisive and ball movement suffers. That's a death kiss.

True - gonna be hard to win this game if that doesn't happen. MR particularly has done nothing at either end of the floor.

He needs to drive to the basket. Someone tell MR what's at stake!

We don't pass the dreaded eye test. We don't look like a tourney team. I guess you can say that about a lot of teams but we are not very good. If we lose, we just don't deserve to be in. If we win, we will get in because the bubble is awful.

I don't understand this narrative. Pitt has a solid offensive a team, and it's a team that's been very good vs. the zone; not only that, they play good defense against us.

In my opinion, it's more likely Pitt can score 70 against us than we can score 70 against them. Lower 50s means Pitt isn't doing as well against the zone.

Our only hope is they come out the second half cold from 3 point range. The last 2 games that did not happen.

Pitt shooting 37% from 3. That's not good.
Pitt doesn't have to shoot a high % from 3. If they make just enough to it forces us to honor it, they're fine. They can win the game shooting 30% from 3. They aren't Duke.

That wasn't really my point. They are going to make shots and miss shots. But when you are outrebounding a team that has crushed you on the boards and made 7 TOs (6 in the first 8-10 mins), you should be in the lead. And we were up 10 because we were making shots. When they turned the defensive pressure up a notch...and started making a couple of shots which led to some confidence...our offense could not generate even a remotely decent shot.

I'm not saying down 2 is a disaster. Just saying that we are who we are...and even when we are doing things well that is normally our weakness (rebounding), our offense is what hinders us. Offense being inability to get a good shot or any form of penetration. I know, nothing new here.

44cuse
44. we just aren't that good. How many guys on our team, are right now above average p-5 players. 1

We don't pass the dreaded eye test. We don't look like a tourney team. I guess you can say that about a lot of teams but we are not very good. If we lose, we just don't deserve to be in. If we win, we will get in because the bubble is awful.

This a sad but true post.

and extra soft thanks to louisville and smu

I agree with that. What I meant was basically if we are in the 70s, we are shooting well, multiple guys hitting multiple threes, etc. Offense just feels better. Gets people amped up.. I really think making shots makes defense much easier, just more aware.

Ra, ra, ree, kick em in the knee
Ra, ra, rass, kick him in the ...other knee!

GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom