Pitt Gameday Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

Ok, if I may rant for a moment.

We call our final timeout with the clock already stopped on first down. We are 80 yards from the end zone with a QB who can't hit water from the boat today. There are 17 seconds left. He runs a play, where only bad things can happen (fumble, injury, etc.).

Someone help me out.

As bad as it seems Pitt has 1 huge offensive play and a horrible call by the ref giving them a fumble return for TD. Syracuse has put together 3 solid drives. Unfortunately our 4th year starting qb is having his worst game of his career. i still think they take care of business in the 2nd half.

Huh?
If we come out and win in the second half how would we have lost seasonal fans?
We aren’t Alabama or never have been.

Perhaps a bit over-dramatic. My apologies.

Pitt is not a good team and we are making them look like they are.
I guess we were hoping that we were beyond the idea that “every road game is tough, even against trash teams”... but apparently not.

The offense, post 14-0 has been horrific. You have to give Devito some run. If, for nothing else, to wake Dungey up.

If Dungey is hurt, he’s hurting the team, and shouldn’t be out there in his current form anyway.

How the heck is this team relying on a Brian Ward defense? RUN the freaking football! Dino better have some darn good adjustments against a terrible Pitt team.

As bad as it seems Pitt has 1 huge offensive play and a horrible call by the ref giving them a fumble return for TD. Syracuse has put together 3 solid drives. Unfortunately our 4th year starting qb is having his worst game of his career. i still think they take care of business in the 2nd half.

I would guess we'll be much better in the 2nd half.

I hope we're right.

I think the coaches are getting beat by Clemson twice. Bad all the way around.

I don't see how it's the coaches fault? They had the team ready to play. The script worked spectacular and had a 14 point lead. Then Pitt scores on an explosive play and the ref misses an easy call allowing a faumble return for a TD. Other then that it's been Dungey making bad decisions and bad throws. The plays are there to be made.

Terrible 1st half of football by SU on offense. I can't tell if the fault lies with Dungey or the receivers. 2.4 yards per attempt.
We looked like that the entire 2nd half against Clemson as well.

Thing is, that was Clemson and this is Pitt.

Bottom Line - Our offensive issues either A) Lie with Dungey or B) With the playcalling, because we become impotent on offense for way too many stretches in a game.

Halftime:
Syracuse has 46 offensive plays to Pitts 28
Yes, Pitt is up 3 points and gets the ball. However, Syracuse is more explosive and runs more plays, the Pitt D will wear down.

SU D will be fine. They are rising to the occasion. JUst need to settle down on offense and play our game.

If ED is injured, TD needs to play. If the OC is calling a bad game, he needs to review the opening scripted plays and start there. Stay with what was working.

I understand HCD wants to have the run game set up the pass game but it isn't working, use the pass game to set up the run. It works both ways.

More Elmore. For whatever reason, things happen when Elmore is in. Maybe its because you have a lineman that can run and block. Regardless, Pitt D moves when Elmore is in.

It seems to me that the whole first half has to do with tempo, or lack thereof. The game started with a much advertised Dino Babers up-tempo offense and we jumped off to 14-0 lead. Then the fast is the new orange slowed down, looking at the sideline every play, and everything seemed to get out of sync. The plays sent in didn't work most of the time and we never got back in tempo again. Even the end of the half when Dino called 2 time outs in a row seemed to be an effort to get back some kind of tempo.

Let's see if they regain it in the second half.

At least for the heisman home they didn’t have Tim brown saying how he screwed Donny out of his

I guess lack of separation by WR's has nothing to do with it?

Bottom line is...we need to establish the run.

Halftime:
Syracuse has 46 offensive plays to Pitts 28
Yes, Pitt is up 3 points and gets the ball. However, Syracuse is more explosive and runs more plays, the Pitt D will wear down.

SU D will be fine. They are rising to the occasion. JUst need to settle down on offense and play our game.

If ED is injured, TD needs to play. If the OC is calling a bad game, he needs to review the opening scripted plays and start there. Stay with what was working.

I understand HCD wants to have the run game set up the pass game but it isn't working, use the pass game to set up the run. It works both ways.

More Elmore. For whatever reason, things happen when Elmore is in. Maybe its because you have a lineman that can run and block. Regardless, Pitt D moves when Elmore is in.
Are we watching the same game? The plays that were there the first two drives are no longer or Dungey is short arming them. The run has been what has worked since those first two drives. Start there and then build in the rub and sideline fade for Taj and Custis. They need to put their personnel in positions of success and the short game is not Taj’s game, nor is Riley in the seam.

We looked like that the entire 2nd half against Clemson as well.

Thing is, that was Clemson and this is Pitt.

Bottom Line - Our offensive issues either A) Lie with Dungey or B) With the playcalling, because we become impotent on offense for way too many stretches in a game.

Dungey is clearly not 100%, we need to either go with Devito or change the game plan if we don't were going to lose.

How they didn't blow the whistle on the Dungey fumble is beyond me. His forward progress was stopped for a few seconds and defenders were holding him up while they stripped the ball. How did they not blow the whistle there, Jesus.
Yeah and then they blow it on that run right before the goal line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom