Please don't let this be a thing... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Please don't let this be a thing...

This whole thread is a joke. If anyone has listened to anything that Jones has said throughout the Spring, or seen anything about his dedication to the program, or understood that he came back to Syracuse after looking into the draft, you would know that this is an absolute joke.

It's funny though. I thought a place like Miami could recruit itself, and wouldn't have to resort to buying recruits. I guess I was dead wrong
Miami is a private school that for the past 15 years wasn't spending money on facilities and fell behind literally everyone. Miami has been closer to Pitt and UVA than it has Alabama and Clemson.

Miami hasn't been Miami in a very very long time. So yeah they kinda do need to buy recruits. 1) Because it's within the rules so why not it's just smart business. 2) They can't live off their past anymore as most 18 and 19-year-olds weren't born when they were last good.

Miami is a private school that for the past 15 years wasn't spending money on facilities and fell behind literally everyone. Miami has been closer to Pitt and UVA than it has Alabama and Clemson.

Miami hasn't been Miami in a very very long time. So yeah they kinda do need to buy recruits. 1) Because it's within the rules so why not it's just smart business. 2) They can't live off their past anymore as most 18 and 19-year-olds weren't born when they were last good.
I agree with your point. What I mean is that Miami's palm trees and beaches are supposed to be the draw, but they still have to pull out the big bucks to get kids to go there

50 year old alumni who have never been cultivated in 30 years aren't going to start paying players.

Curious to see what the AD and friends come up with.

Wildhack got the ball rolling in the athletic campus arms race. Now they gotta see if he’s the AD to bring in the money too. Its unimaginative for board contributors to say Syracuse and upstate can’t compete with these other powers.

Is Ypsilanti a major metropolis? Do they have a culture? Your post is wrong. Innovativeness by the AD? What does that even mean?
I don’t even know what you’re getting at here. Ann Arbor’s not a metropolis, but it succeeds anyways because Michigan’s got an athletic culture as strong as anyone in the country.

Innovativeness by the AD means finding ways to bring money either into the program or create an environment friendly to NIL opportunities within Syracuse University’s reach.

Maybe we could get a G League and XFL team in Syracuse and let them play at the Dome, and I’ll just follow that instead of this nonsense.

Maybe we could get a G League and XFL team in Syracuse and let them play at the Dome, and I’ll just follow that instead of this nonsense.
The Mets are increasingly entertaining to watch at the renovated park.

I wouldn’t hate turning this thread into another “the baseball field should be downtown” thread

The Mets are increasingly entertaining to watch at the renovated park.

I wouldn’t hate turning this thread into another “the baseball field should be downtown” thread
I’ve heard good things about the renovated ballpark. Will have to check it out soon, as the weather gets good.

I don’t even know what you’re getting at here. Ann Arbor’s not a metropolis, but it succeeds anyways because Michigan’s got an athletic culture as strong as anyone in the country.

Innovativeness by the AD means finding ways to bring money either into the program or create an environment friendly to NIL opportunities within Syracuse University’s reach.

I’m talking about EMU. Several alumni put up millions. And we are doing the things you ask. Do you watch or listen o any of John’s interviews?

PS. It’s also hard to be innovative with other peoples money.

Wildhack got the ball rolling in the athletic campus arms race. Now they gotta see if he’s the AD to bring in the money too. Its unimaginative for board contributors to say Syracuse and upstate can’t compete with these other powers.
SU can compete if it taps into the National actually international power of its brand. At the end of the day, it has to be a combination of the school and the players. I'm not sure of the rules regarding the school player combination but SU has a brand that is very strong, and it has to be leveraged.

I’m talking about EMU. Several alumni put up millions. And we are doing the things you ask. Do you watch or listen o any of John’s interviews?

PS. It’s also hard to be innovative with other peoples money.
Im sure they didn’t just donate to EMU because they felt like it that day.

It’s not John’s fault that it seems a lot of Cuse alumni appear to be luke warm or wait and see right now with the program. Prior staffs, admins and AD’s likely did him no favors.

Im not saying ADJW isn’t in a challenging spot, or that he doesn’t have a number of things working against him. Im not saying he’s sitting on his hands and doing nothing either.

I’m just saying that the typical board excuse that upstate new york can’t create intriguing/attractive NIL opportunities isn’t true. ADJW is a person who may be able to tap into whatever potential there is. Its still too early in his time here to judge. Have to continue to build the programs, create a winning and fun product, and engage alumni/the community.

To me JW is the last best chance to get something like that going. Walking in the shoes of those he needs to bring in helps.

And it's not unimaginative, right now it's just what it is. We are bottom half ACC right now with this stuff. Getting this complex going will go a long way for us.

Im sure they didn’t just donate to EMU because they felt like it that day.

It’s not John’s fault that it seems a lot of Cuse alumni appear to be luke warm or wait and see right now with the program. Prior staffs, admins and AD’s likely did him no favors.

Im not saying ADJW isn’t in a challenging spot, or that he doesn’t have a number of things working against him. Im not saying he’s sitting on his hands and doing nothing either.

I’m just saying that the typical board excuse that upstate new york can’t create intriguing/attractive NIL opportunities isn’t true. ADJW is a person who may be able to tap into whatever potential there is. Its still too early in his time here to judge. Have to continue to build the programs, create a winning and fun product, and engage alumni/the community.

Honest question. Did you listen to Wildhacks latest interview about NIL collectives and the educational perk? Or were you able to read the clickbait title?

Honest question. Did you listen to Wildhacks latest interview about NIL collectives and the educational perk? Or were you able to read the clickbait title?
I haven’t. Wasn’t aware of a latest interview on nil

I agree with your point. What I mean is that Miami's palm trees and beaches are supposed to be the draw, but they still have to pull out the big bucks to get kids to go there
Palm trees were a draw in the 80s and 90s. Kids these days have a very different mindset. It is how much money can you pay me. Period. Kids want money they don't care about location.

Miami basketball just signed a kid today, a transfer who was in the Transfer Portal from K-State, an All-Big 12 guard. He got an NIL deal, 2 years $800,000 if he went to Miami. He is now a member of the Hurricans basketball team.

It's literally all about the money.

So a question. Is the Athletic department allowed to introduce boosters to the players for Nil opportunities? Are they permitted to act as an intermediaries in any way?

So a question. Is the Athletic department allowed to introduce boosters to the players for Nil opportunities? Are they permitted to act as an intermediaries in any way?

They’ve hired a couple companies that can actively do that.

This tweet makes my skin crawl, I know it’s the reality of the day, but it doesn’t change my nausea.

This may be my tipping point with "college" athletics. Kids will go to the highest bidder. I think this is very detrimental to the college game and will inevitably (along with the transfer portal) ruin & dilute college sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom