Please don't let this be a thing... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Please don't let this be a thing...

Because their “Dolts”. Tomcat was on point. ( and Jones is from Miami)
I think they're trying to recruit him. "Fan" posts something on message board, it's said "he would be our best defender" etc etc. Then the story needs to be disproven, so Cuse media gets involved, maybe it gets back to Jones, "Are you really leaving for Miami?" All an effort to plant in his mind that he's wanted at Miami and maybe he should consider it. And I'll bet there is coordination from their program in instigating it.

I think they're trying to recruit him. "Fan" posts something on message board, it's said "he would be our best defender" etc etc. Then the story needs to be disproven, so Cuse media gets involved, maybe it gets back to Jones, "Are you really leaving for Miami?" All an effort to plant in his mind that he's wanted at Miami and maybe he should consider it. And I'll bet there is coordination from their program in instigating it.
I have no reason not to believe Stephen Bailey.

It is Bnoro. But Orange79 is also someone who loves to ruin things. In December, he goes to malls and tells kids that there is no Santa. If he driving and sees a wedding taking place, he stops and goes in and says I can't believe she is wearing white. Is everyone else as shocked as I am? Even bnoro doesn't do that.
Wait...what did you just say?

I hold the salaried men on the staff responsible for the program. Not the kids. Find me posts where I attack the players and I'll stand corrected. I also suggest doing your homework before making blanket accusations.
I agree. Kids should be doing homework and making blankets, not reading this board.

I saw a tweet from a Canes person the other day who is somewhat respected with the "EYEBALL" emoji and a picture of Jones. I didn't think anything of it really at the time, so who knows.

The money flowing in Miami right now is crazy. Look at all the players they have added this offseason from the transfer portal and what they are doing with the NIL. Just the other day they got an amazing LB from UCLA to jump.

In other sports, they got those two female basketball twins from Fresno St, the Cavinder sisters who were making millions at Fresno St and were on HBO Real Sports and everywhere. So to get them to leave, enter the transfer portal and move cross country wasn't cheap.

I will give Miami credit, once NIL and Transfer Portal became a thing, they didn't cry and complain about what the landscape is now and how everything has changed. They began playing the system under the new rules. They are playing "the system" the way you should be and they have gotten good again in football over night.

If they want Mikel, they are going to get him. Ironic that the school with some of the worst recruiting classes gets poached when it actually does have a player that everyone wants.

If they want Mikel, they are going to get him. Ironic that the school with some of the worst recruiting classes gets poached when it actually does have a player that everyone wants.
But that is this new era of college sports. You have some schools that are strictly farm teams. Where when they do find that diamond in the rough and that one player, they are gonna get poached by the big boys who can pay them more through NIL.

I saw a tweet from a Canes person the other day who is somewhat respected with the "EYEBALL" emoji and a picture of Jones. I didn't think anything of it really at the time, so who knows.

The money flowing in Miami right now is crazy. Look at all the players they have added this offseason from the transfer portal and what they are doing with the NIL. Just the other day they got an amazing LB from UCLA to jump.

In other sports, they got those two female basketball twins from Fresno St, the Cavinder sisters who were making millions at Fresno St and were on HBO Real Sports and everywhere. So to get them to leave, enter the transfer portal and move cross country wasn't cheap.

I will give Miami credit, once NIL and Transfer Portal became a thing, they didn't cry and complain about what the landscape is now and how everything has changed. They began playing the system under the new rules. They are playing "the system" the way you should be and they have gotten good again in football over night.

Sugar Daddy’s who are determined to get Miami back to the top and compete with Alabama etc.

John Ruiz
Dan Lambert
Drew Rosenhaus

But that is this new era of college sports. You have some schools that are strictly farm teams. Where when they do find that diamond in the rough and that one player, they are gonna get poached by the big boys who can pay them more through NIL.
I don’t disagree. Just seems absurd that the farm system team is in the same conference as the team poaching. If Mikel played for a Carolina school, this wouldn’t happen because the ACC wouldn’t allow it. They would’ve stepped in. For a team like Syracuse however…who cares.

This is also just the beginning. A few years from now if the factory schools need a mid-season transfer to fill a hole, they’ll allow it if it helps them. Say week 5 Clemson has a hole at corner and needs a quick replacement, rallies the boosters to go bring the program a good CB from a school like Syracuse. True definition of farm system.

I don’t disagree. Just seems absurd that the farm system team is in the same conference as the team poaching. If Mikel played for a Carolina school, this wouldn’t happen because the ACC wouldn’t allow it. They would’ve stepped in. For a team like Syracuse however…who cares.
Same conference doesn't matter, the ACC cannot stop anything. It's 100% about the money the player is getting

I hope that end comes sooner rather than later. Syracuse is unfortunately a great school located in a very poor area with limited corporate resources. Because of this schools like Syracuse have to focus on their brand, media reach, and National appeal when structuring a cooperative. Even when JW puts together the cooperative SU will at best be a second-tier player in NIL. The key will be rules governing transfers. Simply put they have to be regulated and cannot be allowed to occur during the season. As a side note I'm aware of what JW is working on and I do believe it will be a significant boost for SU if as mentioned earlier it is National in scope vs local. Long term I think that the lack of competition will end up damaging college sports to the point that there will be rules put in place to even the field.
Pete R understood that parity was needed for the NFL to thrive and eventually college football will as well. At least that is my hope.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." ;) ~ Andy Dufresne

Yup...going on in all sports. Now you know why Jay Wright retired. Said screw this. Coming to a team near you...The end
Just another dagger in the heart of college sports for me. I use to consume college football and basketball of all the major conferences for decades. Now I just watch SU sports and that isn’t even must see tv anymore. Oh well, it was a good run.

The city of syracuse is relatively impoverished.

Onondaga County is not, nor is New York State.

NIL moneys there. Syracuse being “poor” is misleading and non factual imo.

Syracuse University has an expansive and wealthy alumni base. Imo it comes down to program culture and innovativeness by the AD.

We gotta stop blaming where we’re from and upstate.

Syracuse University has an expansive and wealthy alumni base. Imo it comes down to program culture and innovativeness by the AD.

Agreed. I will say that as to SUs cooperative it needs to be National in scope for it to work.

This whole thread is a joke. If anyone has listened to anything that Jones has said throughout the Spring, or seen anything about his dedication to the program, or understood that he came back to Syracuse after looking into the draft, you would know that this is an absolute joke.

It's funny though. I thought a place like Miami could recruit itself, and wouldn't have to resort to buying recruits. I guess I was dead wrong

50 year old alumni who have never been cultivated in 30 years aren't going to start paying players.

Curious to see what the AD and friends come up with.

Imo it comes down to program culture and innovativeness by the AD.

Is Ypsilanti a major metropolis? Do they have a culture? Your post is wrong. Innovativeness by the AD? What does that even mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom