PLEASE! No Storming the Court | Syracusefan.com

PLEASE! No Storming the Court

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Veteran Orange fans can disregard but you know that with nearly 36,000 people in attendance on Saturday there are going to be some rookies who will be chomping at the bit to storm the court. If -- make that WHEN -- we win, I hope that adequate provisions have been made to control those who cannot master their own domain. Please don't embarrass this old alum. That is all.

Yeah I don't see any way that you could storm the court and it not be embarrassing in this one. Huge win? Yes. But we aren't another canon fodder ACC team like most of them are - we should expect to beat Duke in the dome. Plus, the #2 team in the nation shouldn't be storming the court against anybody ever.

what if we win on a half court buzzer beater ala pearl?

You just proved your own point. Been there, done that. Nothing for Syracuse fans to get all bent out of shape about.

Our resident student posters need to make sure the message is passed to their classmates. No one storms unless the students storm, so they are the domino that cannot fall. Do not give into the Dark Side!!

I was on the Duke board the other day and one central theme was:

They will lose a ton of respect for SU if we should win and storm
They seem to welcome us in the conference and have a v strong dislike for the turtles
They said if we storm we drop down to Terrapin level
I agree we should act like we have been there B4

That being said, if I was lucky enough to be there you could not keep me off the court !!!

OO44

I was thinking about this the other night and I think that I have an idea. When we win, what if the students fake storming the court. Basically it would be a choreographed thing where they start to rush, but then turn around and go back to their section. It would be hilarious to see them rush out halfway and then just slowly walk back in unison. I am obviously kidding, before I get the standard "it would never happen/work" replies. It just struck me as being something that I had never seen before and to do it against Duke (a team that gets the court rushed more than anyone) would be funny. Either way, I hope that we are complaining about the students rushing the court because that means that we WON! I can deal with that. GO ORANGE!!

I was thinking about this the other night and I think that I have an idea. When we win, what if the students fake storming the court. Basically it would be a choreographed thing where they start to rush, but then turn around and go back to their section. It would be hilarious to see them rush out halfway and then just slowly walk back in unison. I am obviously kidding, before I get the standard "it would never happen/work" replies. It just struck me as being something that I had never seen before and to do it against Duke (a team that gets the court rushed more than anyone) would be funny. Either way, I hope that we are complaining about the students rushing the court because that means that we WON! I can deal with that. GO ORANGE!!

That would be awesome. They start pressing down and then at the same time - 'Ahh, F-it." Turn around and file quietly out of the Dome to proceed to demolish the rest of the town.

Last time I checked we were ranked #2 and they are #17 (with a bullet). We are supposed to win, at home especially. I would lose respect for the institution if the student body saw fit to storm the court as well.

That would be awesome. They start pressing down and then at the same time - 'Ahh, F-it." Turn around and file quietly out of the Dome to proceed to demolish the rest of the town.
That is exactly what I had in mind...I am laughing as I type this just thinking about it.

Last time I checked we were ranked #2 and they are #17 (with a bullet). We are supposed to win, at home especially. I would lose respect for the institution if the student body saw fit to storm the court as well.
Really? It doesn't take much. A decision made by a few students will change your view of the school. I feel bad for you.

Dislike the whole idea of this thread.

No one would storm in the first place if we won, were ranked 2nd they're ranked 17th.

Second, this thread is pretty presumptuous. If karma gods exist, they do not like these kind of threads.

Pitt had a thread just like this on their board, and it was not a good look. Especially in hindsight.

Really? It doesn't take much. A decision made a few students will change your view of the school. I feel bad for you.

It won't change my opinion, but I certainly will be sad to see it 40 times on Sportscenter and hear SVP and Russillo whine about it later next week. One good thing here to keep in mind is that with that other sporting event on Sunday, whatever happens Saturday will be quickly forgotten.

To me the only time to storm the court, would be after beating the Hoya's in the National Championship game, and I don't see them getting there anytime soon. But if the students decide to storm, you're only young once.

I'm not advocating storming the court on Saturday, but let me get this straight... Because the students got to storm the court 30 years ago, current students cannot? I think that is really stupid.

A-f*ckin-men.

The students get 4 years to be students. People should shut up and let them enjoy it.

They can spend the rest of their lives being cranky, sanctimonious guardians of "THE PROPER WAY TO ACT".

I was going to pose this exact question. I am absolutely FOR a court storming for these reasons:

1.) This is our signature ACC game. We win we stamp our presence in this league officially. There's a new kid on the block now.
2.) We set the record for most wins to start a season.
3.) I'm not telling some 19 year old kid who dreamt of storming the court growing up not to do it. Never know if he gets another chance.
4.) Gameday, sold out guy, etc. this is an event.

The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Dean-Wormer-The-Choice-blog480.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom