PLEASE! No Storming the Court | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PLEASE! No Storming the Court

I was thinking about this the other night and I think that I have an idea. When we win, what if the students fake storming the court. Basically it would be a choreographed thing where they start to rush, but then turn around and go back to their section. It would be hilarious to see them rush out halfway and then just slowly walk back in unison. I am obviously kidding, before I get the standard "it would never happen/work" replies. It just struck me as being something that I had never seen before and to do it against Duke (a team that gets the court rushed more than anyone) would be funny. Either way, I hope that we are complaining about the students rushing the court because that means that we WON! I can deal with that. GO ORANGE!!

You might want to rethink that. No one can control a crowd of that magnitude. What happens when the people in the rear don't realize the people in the front have stopped and turned around? Better idea: stay in your seats and cheer your arses off. But stay in your seats.

Our resident student posters need to make sure the message is passed to their classmates. No one storms unless the students storm, so they are the domino that cannot fall. Do not give into the Dark Side!!

This! Nice.

Really? It doesn't take much. A decision made by a few students will change your view of the school. I feel bad for you.

I'm all for court storming, but if you're ranked significantly higher than the other team? Bush league. And no my view of the school will not actually change. It's called being dramatic for affect, its often used - like hyperbole - to emphasize a point. In this case that we are ranked #2 in the country and undefeated right now.

there's a decent chance the students storm.

and if SU was the 4 loss 17th ranked team playing undefeated #2 Duke, the students would almost certainly rush the court.

'Cuse beats Duke, there'll be a storm in my pants!

A red storm? :eek:

lavin.jpg

I'm all for court storming, but if you're ranked significantly higher than the other team? Bush league. And no my view of the school will not actually change. It's called being dramatic for affect, its often used - like hyperbole - to emphasize a point. In this case that we are ranked #2 in the country and undefeated right now.
Everyone picked up on it. Nice work.

If we beat duke I will be happy.

Students can do whatever they feel is right. This whole court storming standards that is used by off the court warriors to slam other schools is silly.

It has no impact on the now or future on the court. If some message board warrior or radio host wants to slam a team for winning... who cares.

what if we win on a half court buzzer beater ala pearl?

Yeah, the court would be stormed if it was a buzzer beater. There is too much emotion involved in this game.

If we were blessed to win on anything else but a buzzer beater, IMO it would be bad form to storm the court. Fans should act like we've won big games before - and we have.

Still want to hear Christmas bells for Rak. Come on people - somebody please pick up on that.

I'm all for court storming ...

Yeah, why not? As long as it's someone else's kids in the middle when the people in the back start pushing, huh? I mean, yeah, what could go wrong, right? :bang:

It's a well known fact that top 100 recruits keep court storming tables that impact their decision.

Many people think cal's final pitch is money. It is not. Cal says "SEC schools do not allow storming. The biggest embarrassment you can have at UK is losing to Robert morris in the nit. But if you go to a school like syracuse they actually stormed the court for a mere top 25 win. How embarrassing is that? You don't want to go to a place that has no fan base standards. You don't want to go to a place where kids gets excited. The choice is obvious, come and lose 10 games with Kentucky "

Hey you kids who have been living in tents for over a week! Listen to me, old guy in comfy seat typing on internet. Don't be that excited about this win. *I* have already seen Syracuse win all the time. Doesn't matter what you've seen.

I was on the Duke board the other day and one central theme was:

They will lose a ton of respect for SU if we should win and storm
They seem to welcome us in the conference and have a v strong dislike for the turtles
They said if we storm we drop down to Terrapin level
I agree we should act like we have been there B4

That being said, if I was lucky enough to be there you could not keep me off the court !!!

OO44

Damn I would rather lose to duke. Facing condemnation from that board for losing on the court would be much better than mocking from that board if we win.

Last edited:
If we storm the court I will say our fanbase is shaky potatoes. We are undefeated, higher ranked, favored, and our fanbase wants to consider rushing the court? I am all for having fun, but go to Chuck's or Varsity or the freaking Quad to celebrate. I could careless if Duke mocks us for storming the court I would be mocking us.

Yeah, why not? As long as it's someone else's kids in the middle when the people in the back start pushing, huh? I mean, yeah, what could go wrong, right? :bang:

That is a a different issue. I can respect your position and that of the sec for safety reasons.

But its the "machismo" aspects of storming that are being discussed.

Luckily those that have been camping out in the first few rows are smart enough not to storm so there's a 99% chance we don't storm no matter what.

This game has been so hyped, you would be a dick to NOT storm the court if we won.

I hope the Dookies don't like us for that, that's the whole point of doing anything on Saturday is to piss them off.

Let's just focus on winning the game.

I'm more worried about that--not whether the student section prospectively storms the court or not.

Luckily those that have been camping out in the first few rows are smart enough not to storm so there's a 99% chance we don't storm no matter what.

Camping outside for days in the cold to get, imo, poor seats = smart? Irony... :)

perhaps at the 1 minute mark K will go royboy and retreat to the locker room with his prized starters.
the remaining 5 gpa boosters (all of whom were named mcd's) will remain behind to face the horde.

I am reminded about a similar thread last year when we played Georgetown at the Dome. Let's shut this down for Karma purposes. I have one prediction for Saturday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom