Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

• Total voters
which draft?
It sounds like he wants to test the waters again. I’m not saying he’ll get drafted but I assume he’ll declare but not hire and agent and still maintain his eligibility.

I guess people need to be reminded that we played in the NIT in 2002 and made it to the semifinals. That was valuable tournament experience and gave us some momentum to carry over into the following season.

This shouldn’t even be a debate. If the NIT calls, we answer. Always.

I guess people need to be reminded that we played in the NIT in 2002 and made it to the semifinals. That was valuable tournament experience and gave us some momentum to carry over into the following season.

back then guys would stick around. Game is so much different than even 10 years ago.

I hope we decline

No portal back then and it was kinda important to our title that we added Melo and Gmac as freshmen in 2003. No better momentum than having a generational talent like Melo on the roster

Decline and work on the roster. We have tons of turnover about to happen on the roster and that should get Reds full attention. Plus with the kids rumored to be in the portal we will not even be able to field a team without using walk-ons

Decline and work on the roster. We have tons of turnover about to happen on the roster and that should get Reds full attention. Plus with the kids rumored to be in the portal we will not even be able to field a team without using walk-ons
I voted yes, but if they don’t have enough qualified players then I would definitely decline.Im not sure any team would accept an invitation if they were going to have a few walk-ons starting.

The bubble shrunk yesterday as 4 teams won conference tourneys who were never going to get bids. There's a chance for 2 more today. As teams that were previously last 4 or last 8 in get left out now they get pushed into the NIT. I have a hard time seeing how Cuse gets into the NIT now.
How sad is it for our program that with 100 post season bids to the 2 tourneys we can't even make that? Good grief, how far we have fallen.
With 20 wins. We all saw it, this team wasn’t good, even with 20 wins, hard for some of us to swallow but it didn’t fool anyone else.

I didn’t vote until now, would’ve been a yes because I love to watch and have more to talk about with you nutballs, but with knowing that there is going to be a large core leaving I don’t see the point.

Teams that refuse give the impression that it's a tournament that's
not worthy of their participation. That certainly isn't SU's case, so be
thankful for the invite, go wherever you're told, and play the game
with effort and enthusiasm.

Fans that don't want to watch really aren't being forced to.

back then guys would stick around. Game is so much different than even 10 years ago.

I hope we decline

I don't think we publicly decline the NIT.

IF all the rumors are true of a core clean out and there's a question as to if we can even field a team w/o walkons... yeegads...

This will have already been backchannelled to the committee by the program if so, methinks... The selection committee won't want a team with walk-ons competing (obviously) and the fact that we're on the NIT bubble already makes the decision simple.

We aren't getting an invite...

...is my guess (if the roster clear-out rumors are true.)

Last edited:

Meh most of the 2003 team wasnt even on the 2002 team. The NIT is awful and i cant wait till it merges with the ncaa tournament

2002 was 22 years ago???? Most of the current players weren’t even born yet

I’d like this a thousand times if I could

No portal back then and it was kinda important to our title that we added Melo and Gmac as freshmen in 2003. No better momentum than having a generational talent like Melo on the roster
Melo and G-Mac, sure. Edelin, too. Still, that NIT was Warrick’s coming out party. We needed contributions from him, Duany, Forth, McNeil, and Pace during our title run. I’m not going to act like the NIT experience wasn’t a benefit to them.

Meh most of the 2003 team wasnt even on the 2002 team. The NIT is awful and i cant wait till it merges with the ncaa tournament
Most?

Warrick
Duany
Forth
Pace
McNeil

Just three starters and two of our best reserves.

NIT will be useful to give Red additional tournament coaching experience. So far he’s been absolutely dreadful in tournament settings.

Most?

Warrick
Duany
Forth
Pace
McNeil

Just three starters and two of our best reserves.
Lets be real. Wthout melo gerry and billy we dont make the tourney

2002 was 22 years ago???? Most of the current players weren’t even born yet
And that matters how? Postseason tournaments are helpful for teams every year.

Duquesne played in the CBI last year. Despite losing in the first round, the coach said it would help them down the road.

They’re in the NCAA tournament this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom