Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

• Total voters
And that matters how? Postseason tournaments are helpful for teams every year.

Duquesne played in the CBI last year. Despite losing in the first round, the coach said it would help them down the road.

They’re in the NCAA tournament this year.
Basketball has changed a lot in the past 20 years. If half of the available players are expected to portal (Judah, JT, Q, Peter Carey), what does playing in the NIT benefit?

Basketball has changed a lot in the past 20 years. If half of the available players are expected to portal (Judah, JT, Q, Peter Carey), what does playing in the NIT benefit?
Nothing whatsoever

The only way they will likely save the NIT (or keep most teams in play) is they it some sort of "pay for play" hybrid, like that pre-season NIL tourney that is being discussed.

And is that where we want it to go.

I think the NIT will become like bowl games for football where kids will sit out if they plan on going to the portal or NBA and the teams that commit to playing will have to play with a shell of a roster.

Deshaun Williams and James Thues left the program after the 2002 NIT. Shumpert and Celuck graduated. Four players going out, four players coming in.

It benefits our coach and the players who stay.

hell no. I want to erase these last few years from my memory. I have zero interest in watching this team again, and honestly zero interest in watching most of these guys next year. Blow it all up.
When you have a chance to win a national championship, you play and compete.

I think the NIT will become like bowl games for football where kids will sit out if they plan on going to the portal or NBA and the teams that commit to playing will have to play with a shell of a roster.
There’s 360 D1 teams the NIT looks no different with these opt outs 90 NIT and 110 NIT aren’t much different. Plenty of schools that will say yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom