Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

• Total voters
I think its usually a bad look to turn down the tournament. We haven't earned that level of entitlement in recent years.

That being said it, I'll check the score when we play, but not much else.

Chris Bell: “I mean, I love to play basketball so of course, I’m interested in playing in the NIT. I don’t want this to stop. I feel like we’ve had a great season. And just continue to grow with whatever we do, whether it’s going into spring workouts or those type of things.”

JJ Starling: “I guess it’s hard to say. Because I know me personally, my thought process is we’re a much better team. I don’t think we really deserve to be playing in the NIT. But at the same time, it’s a great opportunity to keep playing with each other and continue the season. "

Justin Taylor: “Of course, I think we’re all a competitive group. We all want to win as many games as possible, so if it was an option I think we all would want to play, just because of our competitiveness.”

Judah Mintz: “It’s up to Coach, it’s not up to me. I’m a part of the team, so if the team plays, I play.”

Of course you take an NIT bid.

Have to get Q, Bell, Brown, Kyle and JJ as many reps together as possible for next year.

We got 20 wins with a new HC and a mishmash of players that dont fit together yet. Quit the crying and embrace the process this needs to be.

Why wouldn’t they? They will be in the gym playing basketball either way so you might as well play for a trophy.

Of course you take an NIT bid.

Have to get Q, Bell, Brown, Kyle and JJ as many reps together as possible for next year.

We got 20 wins with a new HC and a mishmash of players that dont fit together yet. Quit the crying and embrace the process this needs to be.
Id put good money at least one of those names are not on this squad next season. Maybe 2

Of course you accept and play. You never refuse an opportunity to compete, to improve.

Id put good money at least one of those names are not on this squad next season. Maybe 2
Maybe.

The board seems to overestimate departures each year in both football and basketball.

Extra games is extra games though. Who cares if fans watch them. These kids have to get better and it doesn’g happen in the offseason at Harry’s

Why wouldn’t they? They will be in the gym playing basketball either way so you might as well play for a trophy.
Great Point, these guys play year round, might as well play in another tournament. Last night with my disappointment and anger flowing through me I would have said I’m not watching, This morning…. I’ll most likely watch

IMO it's unlikely we get NIT. Our NET is just too low. Will go lower after another huge margin beatdown tonight.
I think most die-hards that live in the real world and don't make up a false narrative, want this year to be done. Blow this ish up and get players that play team ball from winning programs. We need to hire a psych council to ensure we arent offering entitled babies moving forward. this was my least favorite team since 01-02. That team at least had multiple likable guys. this team? maybe one

Watch, if USF doesn’t get into the big dance they will send us down there to play them and we will get a Boca Raton Bowl style beatdown! Noooo

no thank you, i've seen enough of this mix. A once great program is now a middle of the pack dud.

We will decline based on not being able to field a team. 8 Lives bodies and walk ons left as I type right now. Let's say we have 1 opt out with Judah and 1 more injury with Peter "Mr Glass" Carey. Now we're talking playing 6 guys. 5 guards + Brown. What is to gain except frustration and risking injury to Brown having to play on an island for 40 mins.

Seeing Cuffe get a few more mins or Carey get pushed to the ground isn't needed. Maybe you could argue Q and JJ could use some practice at the point. Realistically though it will look like a shootaround exhibition game because we aren't going to play any defense.

Chris Bell: “I mean, I love to play basketball so of course, I’m interested in playing in the NIT. I don’t want this to stop. I feel like we’ve had a great season. And just continue to grow with whatever we do, whether it’s going into spring workouts or those type of things.”

JJ Starling: “I guess it’s hard to say. Because I know me personally, my thought process is we’re a much better team. I don’t think we really deserve to be playing in the NIT. But at the same time, it’s a great opportunity to keep playing with each other and continue the season. "

Justin Taylor: “Of course, I think we’re all a competitive group. We all want to win as many games as possible, so if it was an option I think we all would want to play, just because of our competitiveness.”

Judah Mintz: “It’s up to Coach, it’s not up to me. I’m a part of the team, so if the team plays, I play.”
Weird group of dudes.

NIT very very unlikely. Our NET is too low. There are too many ACC schools ahead of us who won't get into the NCAAT. A 20 win season is good even though the team played horrendous at times, like last night. I believe the preseason over/under betting line was only 13 wins.

Last edited:
I think its usually a bad look to turn down the tournament. We haven't earned that level of entitlement in recent years.

That being said it, I'll check the score when we play, but not much else.

I voted no LN but they should prolly take it if you get the invite... The NIT isn't the CBI.

I've had my fill of watching this iteration of the team this year at this point, so am more interested in what Red will do with portal and shifting (hopefully) better players in while others move on.

Maybe these guys should touch base with reality on occasion.

The portal opens on March 18th. The priority right now should be the roster. This isn’t 2008 where you want to get freshman and younger guys more game time for next season. Fix the roster, the NIT has no benefit to P5 programs in 2024.

Yes, I can't help myself, I like watching Syracuse Basketball. Maybe not this particular group, but I'll still watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom