Poll: Will you Watch the Title Game? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Will you Watch the Title Game?

Will you watch the title game now that we know it is UConn against SDSU?

• Yes, I always watch the title game no matter who is in it.

Votes: 74 45.7%
  • Yes, I will watch because I like one of the two teams and/or bracket/betting interest.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • No, I don't usually watch it anyways unless Syracuse or another team I like is playing.

Votes: 30 18.5%
  • No, I will not watch because I hate one or both of the teams playing.

Votes: 52 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won't watch.
Basketball season ends when the Cuse stops playing. I'll probably catch up watching "The Mandalorian" on Disney.
If the Mutts lose, I'll go to their board for the entertainment. If they win, they'll be even deader to me...win/win all around.

Not watching but trying to be optimistic….if UConn loses, it is an enormous choke job. That would be cool. At least there’s a high upside here.

One difference between this and 2011/2014. In those years I always felt that the next opponent would surely knock UCONN out of it and I was appalled when they didn't. This year, it's been apparent they were the best team in the tournament for a couple of weeks and so I'm already on Step 12.

San Diego St. kept coming back enough to give me hope until the last couple minutes when UConn slammed the door. Oh well.

I forgot all all about the game until I checked in on Syracusefan this morning. Oh well…

Lowest title game ratings on record.

I know a lot of cuse fans wouldnt watch becuase of the rivalry but imo this is a canary in a coal mine...and I know there werent any bluebloods in the Final Four and that killed a lot of interest as well this isn't an anomaly. but I really think JB was right when he said NCAABB is in a terrible place.

NIL, one and done culture and me me me is killing NCAABB...imo

you cant have new players every year on every team and sustain fan support ...in any sport.

individual empowerment is great for the individuals themselves...but people are totally blind to the downsides that come along with it, mostly...(in all sectors and aspects of society...imo)

This general movement across society to kill institutions and traditions so that select individuals can benefit, be their best selves, live their best lives, and shrug the shackles confining them are coming with great costs...

I am glad that players can benefit but there has to be a way not to kill the golden goose ...

Last edited:

I know a lot of cuse fans wouldnt watch becuase of the rivalry but imo this is a canary in a coal mine...and I know there werent any bluebloods in the Final Four and that killed a lot of interest as well this isn't an anomaly. but I really think JB was right when he said NCAABB is in a terrible place.

NIL and me me me is killing NCAABB...imo

you cant have new players every year on every team and sustain fan support ...in any sport.

individual empowerment is great for the individuals themselves...but people are totally blind to the downsides that come along with it, mostly...(in all sectors and aspects of society...imo)

This general movement across society to kill institutions and traditions so that select individuals can benefit, be their best selves, live their best lives, and shrug the shackles confining them are coming with great costs...

I am glad that players can benefit but there has to be a way not to kill the golden goose ...
I was actually more interested this year because of the lack of blue bloods, but your overall point is spot on. Just as fans start to get to know someone, they're gone. It has hurt the game.

NIL, one and done culture and me me me is killing NCAABB...imo

I could not agree more with you on the highlighted sentence. It just zaps the level of interest for me. Combine that with our lack of winning, and it's that much worse.

That said, I love the tournament and watch any/all games I can, but this year's FF with the lack of high seeds made it hard to really get into.

Cha Ching!
Always bet with your head and not your heart.

I bet with my cold, dark heart. I put Murphy's Law to work for me and hit on a $10 for this tragedy at +500. I might do this every year. If I'm going to be mad, may as well get some extra money and be mad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom