Polls (Sept 15) AP T-27 / Coaches 30 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Sept 15) AP T-27 / Coaches 30

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Others Receiving Votes​

Illinois 75; Washington State 38; Arizona 37; Northern Illinois 34; Syracuse 32; UCF 27; Pittsburgh 17; Iowa 17; Boise State 17; Arizona State 15; North Carolina 14; North Carolina State 12; California 10; Indiana 7; Michigan State 6; Liberty 6; Boston College 6; BYU 3; Washington 2; Toledo 1; South Florida 1; San Jose State 1; James Madison 1;

BC dropped so much even they played a good game. ACC is not respected by pollsters.
Right.

I know I got corrected on this in a previous thread, but the Missouri / BC game is a good example if the bias.

If Missouri had played that game against a lower half SEC team, the other team would likely have garnered votes to move near the Top 25. ACC team gets downgraded.

Right.

I know I got corrected on this in a previous thread, but the Missouri / BC game is a good example if the bias.

If Missouri had played that game against a lower half SEC team, the other team would likely have garnered votes to move near the Top 25. ACC team gets downgraded.
It’s ridiculous. Not only did BC dropout, they drop like 19 Places! after losing to #6 on the road By 6! (Some of that is Missouri not getting respect too. If BC had lost to Alabama or Ohio State by six, they probably stay in ). Meanwhile, Arizona gets DESTROYED (and exposed) by Kansas State, drops out, but is still ranked ahead of us. (and BC).

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:​

Memphis 77, Boise St. 62, Syracuse 62, UNLV 54, Boston College 47, Washington St. 30, Arizona 15, Iowa 15, Indiana 13, California 11, Liberty 10, Toledo 9, UCF 6, South Carolina 3, North Carolina 3, Arizona St. 3, BYU 2, Pittsburgh 1.

Agree. BC should've gotten more respect. But when you consider that of the 4 ACC teams in the preseason polls, the only team who really has lived up to it so far is Miami, I'm not sure there is a bias. Plus, it always takes a bit for surprise teams to earn respect. We're only in week 3.

Last edited:
She’s terrible

Leiker?

I hardly even know ‘er!! :p

Rimshot Drum Joke GIF

Thanks, I’ll be here all week!
Try the veal!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker