Portland Carmelo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

20200815_181310.jpg

I expect Portland to give the Lakers a lot of problems. The lakers are not guarding the perimeter well and not shooting the 3 well, and if those two things don't change they will be in trouble.

Dion will have to play well for the Lakers as he is the only guard they have who can get his only shot and defend, but he has not been playing well too many TOs, not shooting the 3 not defending like he did in OKC.

Basketball is about match-ups and this is a bad match-up for the lakers because Nurkic can play AD and force AD to guard him so if the lakers don't dominate inside and it becomes a perimeter series the lakers could lose this thing.

Dame will average close to 40 a game in this series.

Can the lakers score enough with Lebron on the bench? It remains to be seen.

I expect Portland to give the Lakers a lot of problems. The lakers are not guarding the perimeter well and not shooting the 3 well, and if those two things don't change they will be in trouble.

Dion will have to play well for the Lakers as he is the only guard they have who can get his only shot and defend, but he has not been playing well too many TOs, not shooting the 3 not defending like he did in OKC.

Basketball is about match-ups and this is a bad match-up for the lakers because Nurkic can play AD and force AD to guard him so if the lakers don't dominate inside and it becomes a perimeter series the lakers could lose this thing.

Dame will average close to 40 a game in this series.

Can the lakers score enough with Lebron on the bench? It remains to be seen.
Davis and LeBron could both average 40. The blazers can score and can get hot enough to maybe force 6 games but they are so terrible on defense no idea how they could ever guard those 2 guys. The blazers’ advantage is clearly their backcourt especially given the LA injuries and if they are going to have a shot, they need huge games from the guards and they need LA to struggle shooting which is entirely possible. Davis and James should run a pick and roll every single possession and guys line Dion, Green, etc just need to stay ready to catch and shoot.

Davis and LeBron could both average 40. The blazers can score and can get hot enough to maybe force 6 games but they are so terrible on defense no idea how they could ever guard those 2 guys. The blazers’ advantage is clearly their backcourt especially given the LA injuries and if they are going to have a shot, they need huge games from the guards and they need LA to struggle shooting which is entirely possible. Davis and James should run a pick and roll every single possession and guys line Dion, Green, etc just need to stay ready to catch and shoot.
Portland is terrible in pick and roll defend, but the lakers run less pick and roll than most teams in the league, Lebron will go for 40 a night, but AD will be hit or miss and that is a problem, Kuzma has to be big for the lakers or they will struggle to score enough.

Would anyone take Draymond Green over Melo in their prime years? A buddy made a Facebook poll of this And people actually chose green. Clearly some orange bias here but that’s a joke right?

It's great to see all these Melo believers in the forum. I felt like me and orangedw were getting into it with multiple people a year ago. Nice to have everyone back on the Melo appreciation train
I’ve asked myself lately if Melo is my all-time favorite basketball player, and honestly, it’s not even close. With the Cuse connection, I’ve never cared more about a player as I do w/ Melo. It’s been that way since 2003 and will be till they cart him away.
Thrilled for him, but i can’t help feeling a little like LLCool J: “ Don’t call it a comeback. He’s been here for years”.

Last edited:
Would anyone take Draymond Green over Melo in their prime years? A buddy made a Facebook poll of this And people actually chose green. Clearly some orange bias here but that’s a joke right?
Orange glass off, Draymond has one prime year that’s at least comparable to Melo’s, so not a totally ridiculous choice. But Melo played at near prime level for many years.

Melo has the stigma of being a loser in the NBA, especially with the way things ended in OKC and Houston. Draymond has the stigma of being the defensive centerpiece of arguably the greatest team of all time and being a guy that sacrifices for the good of the team.

Not saying that’s how it should be but that’s how it is so I’m not surprised that people chose Draymond.

Melo has the stigma of being a loser in the NBA, especially with the way things ended in OKC and Houston. Draymond has the stigma of being the defensive centerpiece of arguably the greatest team of all time and being a guy that sacrifices for the good of the team.

Not saying that’s how it should be but that’s how it is so I’m not surprised that people chose Draymond.
Playing with 2 of the greatest shooters of all time... and durant for two years!

Its unreal he was unemployed for a season and its even crazier the lakers passed on him. I'd love to see Melo/Dame/McCollum/Nurkic make a run! Nurkic was a monster in this game.

To be fair, a role like the one in Portland wouldn’t be there in LA. Different roster makeups but Melo would best fit in the spot Kuzma has. More opportunity in Portland. We signed Dudley, but Melo is way too good for a bench warmer role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom